Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #1026 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
post your ebay user id please.. I want to make sure I don't deal with you when selling chrome cards if shipping isn't up to par and some damage might be done.
I'm not really picky about card damage, but if you are selling cards wouldn't you want to do anything possible to avoid damage? Sure maybe 99% of the time you the person won't be able to tell if the damage was from handling or shipping or just came out of the package that way, but it just makes it easier for the buyer to blame the seller. You can go ahead and block me too if you think I expect too much.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #1027 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbackschamp2001 View Post
I'm not really picky about card damage, but if you are selling cards wouldn't you want to do anything possible to avoid damage? Sure maybe 99% of the time you the person won't be able to tell if the damage was from handling or shipping or just came out of the package that way, but it just makes it easier for the buyer to blame the seller. You can go ahead and block me too if you think I expect too much.
you are missing the point there wasn't any damage but this other guy still thinks things need to be done a certain way.... I have had stuff over packaged where I damaged them getting them out of the package...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #1028 (permalink)

Looks like boomo got positive feedback from the superfractor slot. I am happy for him that he will mostly likely not get a case opened.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1029 (permalink)

Well, I really didn't want to post about this, but I feel that I should now. I purchased multiple lots from this break, including a Ty Buttrey lot and a Jeffrey Popick Chrome Orange to 1/1 lot. I received all my lots on Monday except for those two lots. I saw that a Jeffrey Popick Orange to 1/1 lot was pulled but I didn't get it in my lots, and the Ty Buttrey lot was still on the way. When I asked about the Popick on Monday after receiving my lots, Boomo's reply was he'd check for me in the morning.

On Tuesday morning, I didn't receive any update from Boomo like how he had promised. Strike 1. Tuesday afternoon, I receive my Ty Buttrey lot in the mail, and I still see no Popick. I email Boomo again, asking him about the Popick. His response is "yes my man, popick is in the mail." Strike 2 - no tracking number was provided for the newly shipped out Popick and there was no apology made for his mistake in overlooking the Popick.

Today, I write this message to him:

Ok, glad to hear it's in the mail. Do you have a tracking number? I understand that you must be super busy sending out everyone's packages, but for future notice, I must admit that I ended up not very satisfied with how this was taken care of.

1. I asked about the Popick, you said you would check in the morning, but ended up not getting back to me in the morning. I would have expected a reply in the morning about whether or not the Popick was found after you had looked for it.
2. When I asked you again about the Popick since I didn't find it in my Ty Buttrey lot, you said that you had shipped it out. I would have expected that, when it was shipped out, you would have sent me a message right then (instead of waiting for another message from me) apologizing for not shipping it out initially and stating that the Popick had shipped out and leaving me with a tracking number to track the purchase. If I was the seller, I would have upgraded shipping on this as well, since it was my mistake for not shipping it out in the first place, and my customer is now receiving his card late as a result of my mistake.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you my personal feedback. I'm going to still leave you positive feedback once I receive the Popick, but I did want to address these issues for you to help make your future case breaks better. I've seen how you've been slandered on the card forums; I won't be adding to the conversations there or anything either. This is purely personal feedback for you to take and improve your ebay business with.

Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas!

His response:

Dude it was 50 cases over 5 days and 100000 cards to sort. Can u give me a little break for bring human and pulling this off as well as i did? Dont u get an email when i print a label for u thru ebay? Nothing i did was intentional at all to upset anyone. I 100% did my best and made some human mistakes. I truly am sorry. Are these red sox guys? Ill send u more sox stuff if it helps

Strike 3 - STILL no tracking number given. I am sad to say that unfortunately I will no longer be participating in anymore boomo breaks in the future.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #1030 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusRelax View Post
Well, I really didn't want to post about this, but I feel that I should now. I purchased multiple lots from this break, including a Ty Buttrey lot and a Jeffrey Popick Chrome Orange to 1/1 lot. I received all my lots on Monday except for those two lots. I saw that a Jeffrey Popick Orange to 1/1 lot was pulled but I didn't get it in my lots, and the Ty Buttrey lot was still on the way. When I asked about the Popick on Monday after receiving my lots, Boomo's reply was he'd check for me in the morning.

On Tuesday morning, I didn't receive any update from Boomo like how he had promised. Strike 1. Tuesday afternoon, I receive my Ty Buttrey lot in the mail, and I still see no Popick. I email Boomo again, asking him about the Popick. His response is "yes my man, popick is in the mail." Strike 2 - no tracking number was provided for the newly shipped out Popick and there was no apology made for his mistake in overlooking the Popick.

Today, I write this message to him:

Ok, glad to hear it's in the mail. Do you have a tracking number? I understand that you must be super busy sending out everyone's packages, but for future notice, I must admit that I ended up not very satisfied with how this was taken care of.

1. I asked about the Popick, you said you would check in the morning, but ended up not getting back to me in the morning. I would have expected a reply in the morning about whether or not the Popick was found after you had looked for it.
2. When I asked you again about the Popick since I didn't find it in my Ty Buttrey lot, you said that you had shipped it out. I would have expected that, when it was shipped out, you would have sent me a message right then (instead of waiting for another message from me) apologizing for not shipping it out initially and stating that the Popick had shipped out and leaving me with a tracking number to track the purchase. If I was the seller, I would have upgraded shipping on this as well, since it was my mistake for not shipping it out in the first place, and my customer is now receiving his card late as a result of my mistake.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you my personal feedback. I'm going to still leave you positive feedback once I receive the Popick, but I did want to address these issues for you to help make your future case breaks better. I've seen how you've been slandered on the card forums; I won't be adding to the conversations there or anything either. This is purely personal feedback for you to take and improve your ebay business with.

Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas!

His response:

Dude it was 50 cases over 5 days and 100000 cards to sort. Can u give me a little break for bring human and pulling this off as well as i did? Dont u get an email when i print a label for u thru ebay? Nothing i did was intentional at all to upset anyone. I 100% did my best and made some human mistakes. I truly am sorry. Are these red sox guys? Ill send u more sox stuff if it helps

Strike 3 - STILL no tracking number given. I am sad to say that unfortunately I will no longer be participating in anymore boomo breaks in the future.
He doesn't care. That is the moral of this story.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #1031 (permalink)

I think ultimately it all boils down to the fact that boomo took on the task for enjoyment and possible profiting ... yet it was TOO MUCH to handle.

And many people here are arguing that he 'is trying his best'

Well, that doesn't matter from a buyer's perspective.

He could have opened one box, or 500 cases ... the customer service has to be the same ... otherwise DON'T DO IT!

So ultimately, a learning experience or not, I think people can justly argue the shipping issues given the scenario.

Now if boomo had OVER-planned and had EXTRA help and SECURE shipping ... that would have satisfied all customers ... but instead it was the opposite.

I didn't participate in the breaks, just stating my view as an outsider.

The point is ... there should be ZERO damage to ANYTHING. Regardless of whether it is a $.01 card or a $100 card. And the shipping time should also be within the allotted time. Communication should also be top-quality. If one or all of those points cannot be addressed 100%, then this even never should have taken place (or it should, and people's complaints are fully warranted!)

Last edited by paul06901; 12-12-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #1032 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I think ultimately it all boils down to the fact that boomo took on the task for enjoyment and possible profiting ... yet it was TOO MUCH to handle.

And many people here are arguing that he 'is trying his best'

Well, that doesn't matter from a buyer's perspective.

He could have opened one box, or 500 cases ... the customer service has to be the same ... otherwise DON'T DO IT!

So ultimately, a learning experience or not, I think people can justly argue the shipping issues given the scenario.

Now if boomo had OVER-planned and had EXTRA help and SECURE shipping ... that would have satisfied all customers ... but instead it was the opposite.

I didn't participate in the breaks, just stating my view as an outsider.

The point is ... there should be ZERO damage to ANYTHING. Regardless of whether it is a $.01 card or a $100 card. And the shipping time should also be within the allotted time. Communication should also be top-quality. If one or all of those points cannot be addressed 100%, then this even never should have taken place (or it should, and people's complaints are fully warranted!)
I, also, didnt participate in this break. For the most part boomo has done a pretty good job with the break. He got the cards out really fast, and I havent heard a report of actual damage to a card from shipping (I am not saying that how he shipped is how I would but rather he did package well enough that there was no damage).

The biggest problem that I have seen is that he talks down to everyone like they are a child.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #1033 (permalink)

Not sure I agree that he doesn't care. Lack of people skills, yes. I do think he cares though. I have a similar issue as JusRelax. I received my Plawecki autos, but not my Plawecki Base Chrome-Gold Lot. I emailed Boomo and he emailed me back the next day and said he had not shipped it yet, but it would go out that day. That was only 2 days ago so I will give it a few more days before going back to him about it. He used the same tracking # for all my lots so I do not have separate tracking for the Chrome lot. I have no reason to believe the cards are not on the way. I will be joining his next big break (assuming the chrome lot arrives!)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #1034 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
I, also, didnt participate in this break. For the most part boomo has done a pretty good job with the break. He got the cards out really fast, and I havent heard a report of actual damage to a card from shipping (I am not saying that how he shipped is how I would but rather he did package well enough that there was no damage).

The biggest problem that I have seen is that he talks down to everyone like they are a child.
After reading like 10-15 pages of argument (over the last several days) about the shipping method ... I've realized that the issue isn't about the shipping method at all. It's about the shipper being arrogant.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #1035 (permalink)
Banned

Boomo had a good idea, he exequted well, cant wait to get my lot!!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #1036 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
After reading like 10-15 pages of argument (over the last several days) about the shipping method ... I've realized that the issue isn't about the shipping method at all. It's about the shipper being arrogant.
don't go making sense in this thread... all the cards were damaged because of poor shipping.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #1037 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne81486 View Post
Boomo had a good idea, he exequted well, cant wait to get my lot!!
Quote:
don't go making sense in this thread... all the cards were damaged because of poor shipping.
Commence lip lock on sack...
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #1038 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Commence lip lock on sack...
commence you not having anything better to do with your over 6k post in a little over a year... step away from the computer
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #1039 (permalink)

Quote:
I honestly think if boomo had said something along the lines of "I used what I thought was the best method, and I apologize if it didn't live up to what you expected out of this break ... if you have any other feedback, please PM me, I would love to hear it", etc etc etc ... this thread would be about 10 pages shorter.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #1040 (permalink)

Quote:
commence you not having anything better to do with your over 6k post in a little over a year... step away from the computer
Yes I have plenty of time these days. I was hit by a transport truck 2 years ago and my right arm does not function anymore. I can't work as a firefighter and spend much time here.

Thanks for more wonderful insight
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #1041 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Yes I have plenty of time these days. I was hit by a transport truck 2 years ago and my right arm does not function anymore. I can't work as a firefighter and spend much time here.

Thanks for more wonderful insight
Umm ......

Last edited by calculusdork; 12-12-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #1042 (permalink)
Banned

so, to all u people, apologizing, offering free cards, and yes getting him the tracking # was not done well? you are reading one side of the story, this slightly anal persons version. as i recall, mind u still shipping papers out, was he asked if i forgot a popick orange, which i said i did and i said i mailed. Didnt know i needed to put him on speed dial to keep him updated. Thjat was completely unreasonable dude, but i get it, its all about bashing me for whatever your reasons are. Cus once again, thats much more satisfying then getting maybe a refund or some free cards.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #1043 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post

so, to all u people, apologizing, offering free cards, and yes getting him the tracking # was not done well? you are reading one side of the story, this slightly anal persons version. as i recall, mind u still shipping papers out, was he asked if i forgot a popick orange, which i said i did and i said i mailed. Didnt know i needed to put him on speed dial to keep him updated. Thjat was completely unreasonable dude, but i get it, its all about bashing me for whatever your reasons are. Cus once again, thats much more satisfying then getting maybe a refund or some free cards.

Almost everyone, I would assume, would agree with you. But you seem to be rather narcissistic. That is where the problem comes into play.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #1044 (permalink)

Quote:

You continue to fight any criticism. We are all wondering why?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #1045 (permalink)

I'm not sure whether the problem is because he slammed the cards on the desk as he ripped, he didn't package them properly when he shipped, or he's just a narcissist.

You ship internationally Boomo?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #1046 (permalink)

i dont feel like creating a new thread
for those who won and got their chrome prospects or rookies up to gold
what did you average
ref
blue
gold
base chrome
?

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #1047 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
i dont feel like creating a new thread
for those who won and got their chrome prospects or rookies up to gold
what did you average
ref
blue
gold
base chrome
?
Prospect (1 player): Chrome x102, Ref x28, Blue Ref, Gold Ref
RC (1 player): Chrome x125, Ref x3, Blue ref x4
Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #1048 (permalink)

When I read this thread I see a guy (Boomo) that tried to do something different in the hobby at a level that hadn't been done before. Some things went well and some things didnt and there are people who can understand that and there are people who can't.

It seems to me based upon Boomo's responses that he does care about the product and the service he provides. People who try something new are often times critiized for what they are doing and that is what I am seeing a lot of here.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #1049 (permalink)

Quote:

You do know that you wouldn't lose as much credibility if you actually used grammar, proper spelling and punctuation, right?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #1050 (permalink)

I think I can make this easy for everyone ...

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being highest:

Originality - 10
Entertainment Value of Presentation (video) - 9
Quality of Service - 9
Quality of Delivery Method - subjective
Overall Professionalism - 3

Edit values as you see fit. Then you get to decide which of those is most important to you.

Last edited by calculusdork; 12-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Closed Thread