Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #1051 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I think I can make this easy for everyone ...

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being highest:

Originality - 10
Presentation (video) - 9
Quality of Service - 9
Quality of Delivery Method - subjective
Overall Professionalism - 3

Now you get to decide which of those is most important to you.
And with him being the only person (for the time being anyway) doing breaks this large the top 3-4 are really the only things that matter imo. I think he has been hurting himself in this entire thread, but I am now considering getting some spots in his 2013 break.

Now there is realistic level of expectation because he has a break under his belt.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #1052 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincentr1224 View Post
You do know that you wouldn't lose as much credibility if you actually used grammar, proper spelling and punctuation, right?
really?!?! this forum has gone so far downhill it isn't even funny.. I didn't realize this was English class.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #1053 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusRelax View Post
Well, I really didn't want to post about this, but I feel that I should now. I purchased multiple lots from this break, including a Ty Buttrey lot and a Jeffrey Popick Chrome Orange to 1/1 lot. I received all my lots on Monday except for those two lots. I saw that a Jeffrey Popick Orange to 1/1 lot was pulled but I didn't get it in my lots, and the Ty Buttrey lot was still on the way. When I asked about the Popick on Monday after receiving my lots, Boomo's reply was he'd check for me in the morning.

On Tuesday morning, I didn't receive any update from Boomo like how he had promised. Strike 1. Tuesday afternoon, I receive my Ty Buttrey lot in the mail, and I still see no Popick. I email Boomo again, asking him about the Popick. His response is "yes my man, popick is in the mail." Strike 2 - no tracking number was provided for the newly shipped out Popick and there was no apology made for his mistake in overlooking the Popick.

Today, I write this message to him:

Ok, glad to hear it's in the mail. Do you have a tracking number? I understand that you must be super busy sending out everyone's packages, but for future notice, I must admit that I ended up not very satisfied with how this was taken care of.

1. I asked about the Popick, you said you would check in the morning, but ended up not getting back to me in the morning. I would have expected a reply in the morning about whether or not the Popick was found after you had looked for it.
2. When I asked you again about the Popick since I didn't find it in my Ty Buttrey lot, you said that you had shipped it out. I would have expected that, when it was shipped out, you would have sent me a message right then (instead of waiting for another message from me) apologizing for not shipping it out initially and stating that the Popick had shipped out and leaving me with a tracking number to track the purchase. If I was the seller, I would have upgraded shipping on this as well, since it was my mistake for not shipping it out in the first place, and my customer is now receiving his card late as a result of my mistake.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you my personal feedback. I'm going to still leave you positive feedback once I receive the Popick, but I did want to address these issues for you to help make your future case breaks better. I've seen how you've been slandered on the card forums; I won't be adding to the conversations there or anything either. This is purely personal feedback for you to take and improve your ebay business with.

Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas!

His response:

Dude it was 50 cases over 5 days and 100000 cards to sort. Can u give me a little break for bring human and pulling this off as well as i did? Dont u get an email when i print a label for u thru ebay? Nothing i did was intentional at all to upset anyone. I 100% did my best and made some human mistakes. I truly am sorry. Are these red sox guys? Ill send u more sox stuff if it helps

Strike 3 - STILL no tracking number given. I am sad to say that unfortunately I will no longer be participating in anymore boomo breaks in the future.
Dude, just relax.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #1054 (permalink)

I received Boomo's shipment and everything was packed securely.

Positive feedback and 5 stars left.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #1055 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Dude, just relax.
Seriously, how ironic can a post by one member be? Just typed a 2-page single-spaced thesis because he didn't get a tracking number.

Anyone that knows boomo knew how this would end. He has diarrhea of the mouth and just can't shut up when he should. This is the same guy that told a good member on another board to go kill themself because they listed a rare card to end on the same night as his.

America is clearly wheezing its last ethical gasps.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #1056 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredsox89 View Post
Prospect (1 player): Chrome x102, Ref x28, Blue Ref, Gold Ref
RC (1 player): Chrome x125, Ref x3, Blue ref x4
sounds about what i just got today

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
Old 12-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #1057 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Dude, just relax.
To Boomo's credit, I did want to say that the cards were shipped completely undamaged, and I have no issues with the shipping method. I also have no issues with the way he opened packs or put the cards down on the table. I guess what other people said is correct:

1. Lack of professionalism in responses to questions and comments.
2. Although he does seem to care, he doesn't really give off the impression that he cares about customer satisfaction

I agree I was probably anal about wanting a tracking number, so take it with a grain of salt. I just wanted to inform this board about the experience I had from this break, and everyone can make their own decision about whether they choose to join in his next break.

I think what Boomo is doing is great for the hobby, and for plenty of people his breaks are exactly what they want. I'm just not one of those people.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #1058 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusRelax View Post
To Boomo's credit, I did want to say that the cards were shipped completely undamaged, and I have no issues with the shipping method. I also have no issues with the way he opened packs or put the cards down on the table. I guess what other people said is correct:

1. Lack of professionalism in responses to questions and comments.
2. Although he does seem to care, he doesn't really give off the impression that he cares about customer satisfaction

I agree I was probably anal about wanting a tracking number, so take it with a grain of salt. I just wanted to inform this board about the experience I had from this break, and everyone can make their own decision about whether they choose to join in his next break.

I think what Boomo is doing is great for the hobby, and for plenty of people his breaks are exactly what they want. I'm just not one of those people.
There's nothing anal about wanting a del con number. It is common courtesy and the standard.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #1059 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
There's nothing anal about wanting a del con number. It is common courtesy and the standard.
Agree, but writing a lengthy, angry response about it was a tad much, as even he admitted above.

America is clearly wheezing its last ethical gasps.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #1060 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Agree, but writing a lengthy, angry response about it was a tad much, as even he admitted above.
I didn't say that my lengthy response was a tad much, and I don't believe it was an angry response either. I am perfectly fine with my response.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #1061 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
Not sure I agree that he doesn't care. Lack of people skills, yes. I do think he cares though. I have a similar issue as JusRelax. I received my Plawecki autos, but not my Plawecki Base Chrome-Gold Lot. I emailed Boomo and he emailed me back the next day and said he had not shipped it yet, but it would go out that day. That was only 2 days ago so I will give it a few more days before going back to him about it. He used the same tracking # for all my lots so I do not have separate tracking for the Chrome lot. I have no reason to believe the cards are not on the way. I will be joining his next big break (assuming the chrome lot arrives!)
Update: Plawecki lot came today. Packaged very nicely. Even had 2 2012 TTT FB Patch cards inside (M.Floyd/L.Miller). Thx Boomo!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #1062 (permalink)
Banned

Though harsh and laborintensive, boomo made 1k+
Old 12-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #1063 (permalink)

Did you really tell someone on another forum to die because they sold a rare card the same night as you? Just wonderin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post
Dude it was 50 cases over 5 days and 100000 cards to sort. Can u give me a little break for bring human and pulling this off as well as i did? Dont u get an email when i print a label for u thru ebay? Nothing i did was intentional at all to upset anyone. I 100% did my best and made some human mistakes. I truly am sorry. Are these red sox guys? Ill send u more sox stuff if it helps

so, to all u people, apologizing, offering free cards, and yes getting him the tracking # was not done well? you are reading one side of the story, this slightly anal persons version. as i recall, mind u still shipping papers out, was he asked if i forgot a popick orange, which i said i did and i said i mailed. Didnt know i needed to put him on speed dial to keep him updated. Thjat was completely unreasonable dude, but i get it, its all about bashing me for whatever your reasons are. Cus once again, thats much more satisfying then getting maybe a refund or some free cards.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #1064 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Did you really tell someone on another forum to die because they sold a rare card the same night as you? Just wonderin'
Oh SNAP...DRAMA!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #1065 (permalink)

Quote:
Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #1066 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL I remember that on FCB. I believe it was to a seller on ebay who was selling them same card #ed to 5 or something like that. The seller ended up being on FCB and told everyone lol
Old 12-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #1067 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmtampa View Post
LOL I remember that on FCB. I believe it was to a seller on ebay who was selling them same card #ed to 5 or something like that. The seller ended up being on FCB and told everyone lol
This is getting bad for boomo!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #1068 (permalink)

if you can't take one look at boomo, or look at one video and know boomo would tell someone to stuff it, I think you are the dummy........

the guy clearly is unorthodox in approaching/dealing with people, but you know what your getting? he's honest about it? you see the guy and he's answering back?

I mean? nothing wrong with that at all. I think it's up to "YOU" not to deal with him if you don't like something, not vice versa.

he clearly will never win a situation on here though, people talk just to talk and bash just to bash, so even a legit business will never win here. they will bash it reguardless. and probably be the first to bid on his new auction/break.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #1069 (permalink)

Here's the thread lol

Oh Man - Billy Hamilton
Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #1070 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's the thread lol

Oh Man - Billy Hamilton
Wow......class act.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #1071 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's the thread lol

Oh Man - Billy Hamilton
Wow. Speachless.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #1072 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's the thread lol

Oh Man - Billy Hamilton
Wow, I read the first page and LOL like crazy!

Nice way to entertain me after a long day at work!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #1073 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's the thread lol

Oh Man - Billy Hamilton
What a first class douchbag!!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #1074 (permalink)

"I love Boomo, he is the only one who could pull something like this off!" - said no-one ever

Plenty of guys can rip cases, especially if they have HELPERS ON CAMERA with them. Some people just need to get overthemselves. And if you're telling someone to die over a card or because of an argument that you started, then you're taking yourself way too seriously.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #1075 (permalink)

he needs to get laid
Closed Thread