Blowout Cards Forums
Shop MyLocker.net Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
whats the over/under on the number of sellers that do this for 2013 bowman?
Yes. Or others ordering more draft right now lol
Old 11-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
Did you take into account the $12.95 per auction he was charging for s/h?

Don't forget that 50 cases of cards weighs quite a bit. I'm not a shipping expert, but I would think the average cost for the base lots (roughly 300 cards each) would push $8-$15 pretty easily. I don't think he'll make much money on shipping costs.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #153 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseve43 View Post
Don't forget that 50 cases of cards weighs quite a bit. I'm not a shipping expert, but I would think the average cost for the base lots (roughly 300 cards each) would push $8-$15 pretty easily. I don't think he'll make much money on shipping costs.
Nah. You can ship 400 chrome boxed for $5.15.

You can ship 1200-1500 double boxed chrome for $11.00
Old 11-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
As the winner of both Plawecki auto spots and chrome thru gold spot, I'm glad you backed off. Including 20 cases of Plawecki autos from Houdini, I can't wait.
Probably for the best; I've never been a fan of competition, and there is a LOT less competition on Delgado than there is gonna be on Plawecki as he moves up. I just want some of his cards since I got to watch him play this past year
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #155 (permalink)
Banned

Best of luck to you Boomo!

I couldnt imagine busting that many cases. Moisturize or wear gloves because you know its gonna hurt!! lol

If the case ripping didnt kill me, My wife would if she saw that much product. A lot of hard work in my opinion. I personally dont consider it easy money!!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #156 (permalink)

Haha! This is great...please send me the link for this! Are people taking off work to watch the feed? Will this a be like a box break sleepover? You know what? Screw it, make it a short film...the making of. Haha, kudos Boomo and GOOD LUCK! I hope no one turns into a**holes and say you cheated them.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #157 (permalink)

I just added up all the auctions that he has ended for this break. It was a shade under 55K. You figure maybe 6k or 7k in fees, and maybe $500 in supplies you are looking at maybe 48k before the cost of the cases. While it might turn into a huge headache dealing with people that aren't happy with what was pulled, its looking like a profit of 15k or so depending on how much was paid for the cases. Not bad for a weeks worth of opening baseball cards.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
I just added up all the auctions that he has ended for this break. It was a shade under 55K. You figure maybe 6k or 7k in fees, and maybe $500 in supplies you are looking at maybe 48k before the cost of the cases. While it might turn into a huge headache dealing with people that aren't happy with what was pulled, its looking like a profit of 15k or so depending on how much was paid for the cases. Not bad for a weeks worth of opening baseball cards.
It won't be easy but it'll be fun. Probably the best $12-15k he's ever made.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markakis8 View Post
It won't be easy but it'll be fun. Probably the best $12-15k he's ever made.
Agreed, I'd gladly take a week or two off from work to do the same. Hopefully there aren't a ton of headaches from buyers that don't get the amount of cards they were expecting.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Agreed, I'd gladly take a week or two off from work to do the same. Hopefully there aren't a ton of headaches from buyers that don't get the amount of cards they were expecting.
I only hope that if he has to deal with multiple scumbags that he posts their ebay ID's and proper names so all of us can avoid them in the future.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Holy sweet baby jesus

15k profit...
Old 11-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #162 (permalink)
Banned

first time i won an auction of his, for Mitch Haniger of the Brewers, what can I expect for base, ref, and blues???
Old 11-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
whats the over/under on the number of sellers that do this for 2013 bowman?
what's the over/under on people keep coming up with money making situations until someone gets absolutely burnt on it because no one buys it..... eventually the market will just flood if people keep on doing this. it's like people keep going bigger & bigger lol.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Old 11-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #164 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
what's the over/under on people keep coming up with money making situations until someone gets absolutely burnt on it because no one buys it..... eventually the market will just flood if people keep on doing this. it's like people keep going bigger & bigger lol.
Im not sure there really will be an overkill with it, its targeting so many more people. Now people who normally would buy a case might say ill just buy some players from breaks and get what i can. A lot less risk in doing this than actually shredding cases and maybe getting nothing.....And this thought is solely based on the less risky spots, the high risk for example superfractor lot is crazy in my opinion............
Old 11-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #165 (permalink)
Banned

anyone won an auction of his for base, ref, and lue before out of 50 cases...and what did you get
Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdogg View Post
anyone won an auction of his for base, ref, and lue before out of 50 cases...and what did you get
Have you noticed nobody responds to your questions? Perhaps it's because you ask the same question 2-3 times in a matter of 6 posts. I'll try to help u

Last years draft a 50 case lot would have yielded you:

400+ paper prospects
110+ Chrome Prospects

250+ RC Paper
100+ RC Chrome

Ref 12-20+, Blue REF 1-3+

This years will be different as more prospects and less RC.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
Holy sweet baby jesus

15k profit...
Possibly, but "a week's worth of work" is a gross underestimation.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #168 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markakis8 View Post
I only hope that if he has to deal with multiple scumbags that he posts their ebay ID's and proper names so all of us can avoid them in the future.
this will happen with certainty. also, my ebay tells me 48,000 so not sure how someone got 55,000 unless they didnt notice i had some non bowman stuff listed last night. If i made a 7g mistake please point me to it.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #169 (permalink)
Banned

this is the link, i will start as soon as ups guy shows up wed. just check thruout the day

boomo - BOOMO Live - blogTV

only posting cus someone had asked
Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomo View Post
this will happen with certainty. also, my ebay tells me 48,000 so not sure how someone got 55,000 unless they didnt notice i had some non bowman stuff listed last night. If i made a 7g mistake please point me to it.
Lol ... if you're saying it's lower I think we'll go with your estimate.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
Im not sure there really will be an overkill with it, its targeting so many more people. Now people who normally would buy a case might say ill just buy some players from breaks and get what i can. A lot less risk in doing this than actually shredding cases and maybe getting nothing.....And this thought is solely based on the less risky spots, the high risk for example superfractor lot is crazy in my opinion............
Exactly my thought- I hope others who can continue to do this- I will definitely go towards buying lots of players I want in huge quantities rather than keep getting punished by wax (especially Bowman). It still has the same excitement as opening wax but you know you are getting the player you want.

I wish I could host!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
you have to think of it from a card printing company's perspective though, they might not want to really eliminate the buyers of the one box/case at a time all together, that's like turning the card community into walmart, lol without organization because once it's sold to the guy with 50 cases you have no control over it. where as you can control your markets better if you do a little at a time. I think it honestly might flood/mess up the market quite a bit, who really is interested in 1000 of the same player that collects? that's not realistic.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #173 (permalink)

gross of 48,000 would be 36,500 after fees, taxes & supplies. if he paid 650 per case that'd be a 4k profit. thats a ton of work & potential headaches for 4k but i'm still impressed he took in what he did as i was certain it'd be much less.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
gross of 48,000 would be 36,500 after fees, taxes & supplies. if he paid 650 per case that'd be a 4k profit. thats a ton of work & potential headaches for 4k but i'm still impressed he took in what he did as i was certain it'd be much less.
This figure also does not take into account the profit he will have from the Jumbo cases he was able to acquire due to the number of hobby cases he purchased.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
you have to think of it from a card printing company's perspective though, they might not want to really eliminate the buyers of the one box/case at a time all together, that's like turning the card community into walmart, lol without organization because once it's sold to the guy with 50 cases you have no control over it. where as you can control your markets better if you do a little at a time. I think it honestly might flood/mess up the market quite a bit, who really is interested in 1000 of the same player that collects? that's not realistic.
????? the Large Distributors get 100's of cases at a clip. Topps isn't controlling anything.

Bowman Draft isn't about collecting.... let that sink in first....... people prospect on certain players. and being able to aquire 1000 at a time is EXACTLY what prospectors want.

10% of the hobby case run won't mess with the market at all.