Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhacksPacks View Post
Again, this is what happens when there is ZERO licensed competition. They have ZERO reason to satisfy customers. Zero.
And that about sums it up.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #27 (permalink)

And people who sold them pre-sale wont wait on topps to take 8-12 weeks to send them out..topps might be smart and give them over the phone or apply them to the user account lol
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
And people who sold them pre-sale wont wait on topps to take 8-12 weeks to send them out..topps might be smart and give them over the phone or apply them to the user account lol
That's why you should never sell anything until in hand.
jubjub47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #29 (permalink)

I tend to feel that many sports card collectors hold Topps to a much higher standard than any other business. The mistakes, errors, botched promotions, etc. are a consequence of doing business, seen in many industries and especially in retail. I have been "let down" and "disappointed" by far more retailers than Topps, and yet, at least I haven't seen, the pitch forks coming out as often in other situations.

As far as Topps CS, I have NEVER had a problem with them. I break cases regularly so I always have missing hits, damaged cards, etc. Every time this happens I type up a formal letter stating my complaint and desired compensation, follow the instructions via their website depending on the type of claim it is, and I have always been made right in 10 days or less. I think the record for me is 5 days turnaround time on a damaged card I sent in. I just had a damaged Bryce Harper Topps Chrome variation...a $100+ card that I sent in and quickly received back a beautiful replacement. I am not a special customer or huge spender by any means...just an average Joe who follows standard protocol and respectfully voices my complaints.

When I hear horror stories about people getting the phone hung up on them and poor treatment by Topps, I tend to look suspiciously at the consumer. I think a person's attitude, tone of voice, and how they handle confrontation are key elements in Topps' response. My wife worked the phones for mail order returns as a side job in college and the stories she came home with were unbelievable. Some people just don't know how to speak respectfully and work out a problem without getting puffed up and angry, and those types of people get hung up on because they've become unruly and disrespectful. My wife is a sweetheart but she hung the phone up on many a ranting customer because they didn't even give her a chance to do her job, or were flat out disrespectful.

I'm sure one or two people will respond to this post about a time they were screwed by Topps even though they were polite. Fine, there are outliers in every case, but I think the MAJORITY of people would have pleasant experiences dealing with Topps if they kept their cool, followed the instructions that Topps gives on damaged and missing card replacements, and used formal letters as opposed to calls or e-mails.

Anyway, that's my post for the thread. I won't carry on further and argue with people, but from my own personal experiences this is how I feel about the situation.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #30 (permalink)

BTW, anyone else notice that they also left out ALL the Bowman's best inserts? Sell sheet advertises 1:6 packs, and they included NONE other than the numbered ones.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
BTW, anyone else notice that they also left out ALL the Bowman's best inserts? Sell sheet advertises 1:6 packs, and they included NONE other than the numbered ones.
hmm that's interesting.....
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep!

Replied to your tweet

Major League Collect ‏@Major_League_Co

@Ajax1723 @toppscards Noticed this myself. Another "error" I guess?
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Yep!

Replied to your tweet

Major League Collect ‏@Major_League_Co

@Ajax1723 @toppscards Noticed this myself. Another "error" I guess?
They will quickly be conferring and putting out a statement, "If anyone feels that they are missing their Bowman's Best inserts....."
Old 11-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
I tend to feel that many sports card collectors hold Topps to a much higher standard than any other business. The mistakes, errors, botched promotions, etc. are a consequence of doing business, seen in many industries and especially in retail. I have been "let down" and "disappointed" by far more retailers than Topps, and yet, at least I haven't seen, the pitch forks coming out as often in other situations.

As far as Topps CS, I have NEVER had a problem with them. I break cases regularly so I always have missing hits, damaged cards, etc. Every time this happens I type up a formal letter stating my complaint and desired compensation, follow the instructions via their website depending on the type of claim it is, and I have always been made right in 10 days or less. I think the record for me is 5 days turnaround time on a damaged card I sent in. I just had a damaged Bryce Harper Topps Chrome variation...a $100+ card that I sent in and quickly received back a beautiful replacement. I am not a special customer or huge spender by any means...just an average Joe who follows standard protocol and respectfully voices my complaints.

When I hear horror stories about people getting the phone hung up on them and poor treatment by Topps, I tend to look suspiciously at the consumer. I think a person's attitude, tone of voice, and how they handle confrontation are key elements in Topps' response. My wife worked the phones for mail order returns as a side job in college and the stories she came home with were unbelievable. Some people just don't know how to speak respectfully and work out a problem without getting puffed up and angry, and those types of people get hung up on because they've become unruly and disrespectful. My wife is a sweetheart but she hung the phone up on many a ranting customer because they didn't even give her a chance to do her job, or were flat out disrespectful.

I'm sure one or two people will respond to this post about a time they were screwed by Topps even though they were polite. Fine, there are outliers in every case, but I think the MAJORITY of people would have pleasant experiences dealing with Topps if they kept their cool, followed the instructions that Topps gives on damaged and missing card replacements, and used formal letters as opposed to calls or e-mails.

Anyway, that's my post for the thread. I won't carry on further and argue with people, but from my own personal experiences this is how I feel about the situation.
The code card is different than normal mistakes. Topps tweeted about the code cards like 2 weeks before release and said it will be 1:6 packs. So there should be about 48 cards per case. People figured they can get $2-$3 a card. That added about $100 to $150 in added case value. So a $700 case just become a $550 - $600 case. Some people bought cases because of that. Now people are getting 20-25 codes a case. That means they are getting closed to $60 in value instead of the $100-$150, that's why people are pissed.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #35 (permalink)

What is supposed to be the insertion rate for Jumbos?
babybull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #36 (permalink)

Anyone contact topps about this yet?

I got the expected 24 per case instead of 48 and will be contacting them.

Check out my group breaks!
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #37 (permalink)

Tweeted to Topps

@toppscards Opened five jumbo boxes and was shorted 30 prospect redemptions and had no Bowman's Best, what gives?
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #38 (permalink)

Just spoke with Topps. He didn't have anything definitive but he has heard from other collectors that the codes & the Bowman's Best were shorted and they are going to work on remedying the situation.

I was told to keep the UPC of the box (I expressed that I didn't want to keep boxes of wrappers in my office).

If I were you I'd keep the UPC and the receipts if you have them. I may just stash the wrappers somewhere just in case they require it for a redemption. If I hear more I'll let you know but I don't think we are going to get el shafto here.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #39 (permalink)

I opened a full box yesterday and there was no cards in it... Thinking of making a claim on that but I threw the box away so don't know if that would work..
Old 11-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #40 (permalink)

Anyword on what Topps is doing about no Bowman's best?

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #41 (permalink)

I called Topps yesterday saying I was missing 72 Codes (opened 3 cases). The customer service representative told me I'd get an e-mail in the next 2-3 business days about whether they are going to e-mail or ship me the codes. I fully expect I'll have to call again Monday or Tuesday and get an update. Did not ask about the Bowman's Best though, but I think I probably will Tuesday.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
I called Topps yesterday saying I was missing 72 Codes (opened 3 cases). The customer service representative told me I'd get an e-mail in the next 2-3 business days about whether they are going to e-mail or ship me the codes. I fully expect I'll have to call again Monday or Tuesday and get an update. Did not ask about the Bowman's Best though, but I think I probably will Tuesday.
I plan on calling them Monday.. Opened two cases here

Had one Blue Refractor auto with no signature on it as well

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #43 (permalink)

just bumping for others to review. it appears they are filling "missing" codes according to current twitter posts. I also have a pending redemption from the beginning of the year so I just made a double inquiry email to them.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #44 (permalink)

Looks like the codes aren't selling for much. Hopefully the prices go higher when the season starts.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
Looks like the codes aren't selling for much. Hopefully the prices go higher when the season starts.
what are they at currently?
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

look on ebay
mdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #47 (permalink)

$1 or so per code. pretty lame
wilsonsingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #48 (permalink)

And what exactly do the codes do?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
And what exactly do the codes do?
This is why they aren't selling for much, I would be 80% of the hobby doesnt even know about them or what they do.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsingles View Post
$1 or so per code. pretty lame
Good thing everyone bought on the news of these.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote