Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do the Twins have anyone worth collecting?

I was going to collect Pedro Florimon, but I want someone that might actually make an All-Star game at some pint in their career.

I love Span, but I'm a little late to the party for him. Mauer and Morneau are too old. Maybe Byron Buxton.
gopherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

miguel sano in Baseball | eBay

your welcome
Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchance13 View Post
Thanks. Where do I get a list of all his available cards?
Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you're interested in Span, I have a 2007 Bowman Signs of the Future available. I have 2 of them but one is tucked away safely in my PC
Old 11-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I think right now there is some value in Kyle Gibson
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

The only Twins players worth collecting right now are retired HOFers like Killebrew, Carew, Puckett, or Blyleven. They hold their value. There is no one in the Twins organization right now that even interests me, and I'm a huge Twins fan.
Current Wantlist: Tiger Woods autographed framed memorabilia, Autograph baseballs of H. Killebrew, R. Carew, K. Puckett, B. Blyleven, M. Kemp, C. Kershaw, S. Castro, E. Longoria, and R. Cano. Must be from reputable authenticators (JSA, UDA, Steiner, etc.)
jand8791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

max Kepler
Adam Scott Walker No cards yet though.

And the people above already mentioned Sano and Gibson
Currently starting on a set of 96-97 Topps Chrome Refractors all PSA 9. lMK if looking to sell something I may need thanks. Currently Have 1 of 220 and bidding on one more currently.Exquisite Auto's of Thurman Thomas in Bills jersey
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have a large amount of Kepler. I think he is gonna be a really good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinusall View Post
max Kepler
Adam Scott Walker No cards yet though.

And the people above already mentioned Sano and Gibson
StlScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlScott View Post
I have a large amount of Kepler. I think he is gonna be a really good one.
I only have a few of his autos as of now. Hard to keep buying his Autos knowing the condition issues with 2010 Bowman Chrome
Currently starting on a set of 96-97 Topps Chrome Refractors all PSA 9. lMK if looking to sell something I may need thanks. Currently Have 1 of 220 and bidding on one more currently.Exquisite Auto's of Thurman Thomas in Bills jersey
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jand8791 View Post
The only Twins players worth collecting right now are retired HOFers like Killebrew, Carew, Puckett, or Blyleven. They hold their value. There is no one in the Twins organization right now that even interests me, and I'm a huge Twins fan.
lol, when I first read the thread title the first thing that popped into my mind was "does Harmon Killebrew count?"

guess I'm not the only one on that train of thought
Old 11-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Travis Harrison thoughts

I would add Eddie Rosiaro to the list also.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Span will be with Braves by the time season begins so don't start up on him
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Span will be with Braves by the time season begins so don't start up on him
Even with the Braves signing Upton?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
Even with the Braves signing Upton?
Yes, they still need a leadoff hitter and most likely choices would be Fowler and Span at this time
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

I +1 the comment about the HoFers. But don't collect Bert. He's mine. I'll circle you if you shanghai cards I need!

Though you are right. And the other issue you'll find is that Topps and everyone doesn't even include the Twins in their products. If I recall correctly, Topps Series 1 only had the Harmon Killebrew cut sig for Twins hits... so 1 auto out of the entire print run. Way to keep me enticed, Topps!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swowannabe View Post
I +1 the comment about the HoFers. But don't collect Bert. He's mine. I'll circle you if you shanghai cards I need!

Though you are right. And the other issue you'll find is that Topps and everyone doesn't even include the Twins in their products. If I recall correctly, Topps Series 1 only had the Harmon Killebrew cut sig for Twins hits... so 1 auto out of the entire print run. Way to keep me enticed, Topps!
I never realized that about Series 1 this year. Back in 2010 the Twins had 11 players in the Topps Chrome base set which I believe was second most next to the Yankees. I think it varies depending on how the team is doing
Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
lol, when I first read the thread title the first thing that popped into my mind was "does Harmon Killebrew count?"

guess I'm not the only one on that train of thought
Knew someone would agree. Seriously though, when you look up and down the Twins roster there is no one that really stands out as a MVP-type caliber player right now. Also, with the Twins rebuilding no one is off limits in terms of being trading, including most prospects. I collect guys like Puckett and Killebrew because they are HOFers and franchise players. There also weren't too bad for the Twins and are fun to watch old highlights of. There value is only going to increase.
Current Wantlist: Tiger Woods autographed framed memorabilia, Autograph baseballs of H. Killebrew, R. Carew, K. Puckett, B. Blyleven, M. Kemp, C. Kershaw, S. Castro, E. Longoria, and R. Cano. Must be from reputable authenticators (JSA, UDA, Steiner, etc.)
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

I guess Chris Parmelee is not even worthy of honorable mention ;
And Joe Mauer may not be so bad.

JMHO
FunDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

I'm a huge Twins fan and really love Ben Revere! I also collect Florimon and have about half of his cards other than plates and supers. His only super is actully on eBay now for I think $150 Bin.
twinsvikings31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDragon View Post
I guess Chris Parmelee is not even worthy of honorable mention ;
And Joe Mauer may not be so bad.

JMHO
Parmelee wouldn't be too bad if he was just consistant. Goes down to triple-A and hits .330 something with some power and comes up to the big leagues and can barely hit .210 I have a feeling 1B will basically be his job to lose considering all the injuries with Morneau and this year the last of his contract.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

don't go with harrison, dude doesn't have the bat like Sano does, and can't field anywhere.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #22 (permalink)

Miguel Sano and Oswaldo Arcia might be a good option. Plus Joe Mauer's stuff should be more affordable.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
I never realized that about Series 1 this year. Back in 2010 the Twins had 11 players in the Topps Chrome base set which I believe was second most next to the Yankees. I think it varies depending on how the team is doing
Not necessarily true. To a degree, yes, but you're telling me that you want no-name chumps from some other teams over Mauer and Morneau? The Twins have plenty of no-name chumps (well, not chumps, they play for the Twins, but you know what I mean) to have one GU and one auto in there... at least give Minnesotans a reason to buy the product.

Also, I will admit there was a Joe Mauer silk card #/50, but I don't think those count as the "hits" in the boxes (they're extra) so I won't count them as a "hit" for the purpose of my point. And you could argue printing plates, too.

That being said, even when it comes to HoFers, you're lucky if you get Bert, Kirby, Harmon, or Rod in any of the products. Bert has been in Tribute this year from Topps, and other than that it's Panini or Leaf that has had all of his 2012 cards. Last year he was a SP in Series 2 and Update (I think) and in Lineage.

Oh wait, he was a Cleveland Indian mini framed redemption auto thing in Archives, #/50. My bad, two products.

It also irritates me when they, on a whim, change uniforms for players. Molitor in a Twins Uniform, Thome in a Twins Uniform, Bert as an Indian! But now Molitor is a Brewer, Thome is a White Sock, Bert is a Pirate! Yarrrr!

Go with the team they played the longest for! Good plan? Great plan!

/rant.

But seriously. More hits for Twins in products, Topps, if you're reading this. It's getting ridiculous. We may not have Bryce Harper, but we still like our team, even if they lose 100 games a season.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

I am pretty high on Oswaldo Arcia, made the jump to AA and played well. Great work ethic too, takes extra BP and is usually one of first to arrive at stadium. Might make his debut this coming season if AAA fairs him well.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:35 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsvikings31 View Post
I'm a huge Twins fan and really love Ben Revere! I also collect Florimon and have about half of his cards other than plates and supers. His only super is actully on eBay now for I think $150 Bin.
I saw that and put in an offer. I'm not sure why he has make an offer on there as he won't budge. Oh well, saved some money for my Topps Chrome Refractor sets. I think I need about 200 cards to have every one complete back to 1996.