Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay question (help please)

I got a message from a buyer stating that he didn't receive his cards yet. He admits that the delivery confirmation states that the card was delivered on the 24th. I strictly ship with paypal shipping to the listed address to eliminate human error of writing down the wrong address. If he files an item not received claim will I be held liable to give him a refund even though the dc states that it was delivered. Any feedback will be much appreciated.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcjohnson View Post
I got a message from a buyer stating that he didn't receive his cards yet. He admits that the delivery confirmation states that the card was delivered on the 24th. I strictly ship with paypal shipping to the listed address to eliminate human error of writing down the wrong address. If he files an item not received claim will I be held liable to give him a refund even though the dc states that it was delivered. Any feedback will be much appreciated.
Was it mailed to a POBOX? It still might be in sorting, pickup or lockbox.

You should be protected if he files a claim.
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcjohnson View Post
Ya, you should be fine...you shipped to the listed address with tracking so you're covered. You used an eBay shipping label right? If so, don't worry because there is seller as well as buyer protection, and you did everything right.
91Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Braves View Post
Ya, you should be fine...you shipped to the listed address with tracking so you're covered. You used an eBay shipping label right? If so, don't worry because there is seller as well as buyer protection, and you did everything right.
yes I used ebay shipping label. Been selling for years sporadically and never had this problem before. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

My .02. You did everything right and should be just fine. As far as the buyer, not so much. I just had an Ebay item 'delivered' by USPS and signed for. Problem is that I never got it. Talked to the mail carrier and due to the sheer volume of stuff I get he couldn't remember it specifically but also did not remember giving it to me personally (signature confirmation). Went to the post office and they were able to show me the signature as it was signed for. Someone printed my first initial and last name. Opened a case with Postal Inspector and Ebay. Ebay told me to pack sand because tracking showed delivered. Postal case is still open but haven't heard anything. CC will not help because I authorized the initial purchase. Long story short is that I'm out $200. I am real suspicious of the mail carrier as there aren't a lot of ways for it to get signed for by someone other than me.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
My .02. You did everything right and should be just fine. As far as the buyer, not so much. I just had an Ebay item 'delivered' by USPS and signed for. Problem is that I never got it. Talked to the mail carrier and due to the sheer volume of stuff I get he couldn't remember it specifically but also did not remember giving it to me personally (signature confirmation). Went to the post office and they were able to show me the signature as it was signed for. Someone printed my first initial and last name. Opened a case with Postal Inspector and Ebay. Ebay told me to pack sand because tracking showed delivered. Postal case is still open but haven't heard anything. CC will not help because I authorized the initial purchase. Long story short is that I'm out $200. I am real suspicious of the mail carrier as there aren't a lot of ways for it to get signed for by someone other than me.
That really sucks man. Hope you get to the bottom of that and recover your cash.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Ya, I worry about that happening..sucks knowing that this really does happen! postal service should be held accountable for situations such as this.
91Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ebay and Paypal have said that because it shows delivered I am sol. I will be calling the postal inspector tomorrow and seeing if I can get an update. Feel really helpless about all of this. Just a really strange deal.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote