Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Splitting a case

Me and a friend are talking about splitting a case of bowman draft. We both like to rip, we both like the same prospect heavy sets, and I would like this to be something we do a few times a year with several products.

Does anyone here have a "case breaking partner"?

I would like to know if there is anything anyone does so that both parties walk away happy with what they get. Do you do a draft? Just take 1/2 boxes? Rotate the hits?

I am thinking of making a list of all the good hits (auto, ref auto, blue auto, blue ref, gold ref, etc) and maybe rotating who gets what each time? Example would be if I get a gold ref auto this product, next gold ref auto would go to partner, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Unless you guys plan on selling all the hits, I'd just split the boxes, and hope no one's bitter that they missed out on the bigger hit(s).
Old 11-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do a team draft starting from 1-30 rotating picks.. To me seems to be the easiest way when I have done things like this..
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
XL5

The problem with rotating the auto hits is that it still might not be equitable. What if (using BC as an example) the first blue is Hamilton, the second is Scooter, and he third is Solar?

Either do a hit draft after you bust everything or do a box draft before you open anything.

Hit draft, one guy gets first pick of all the cards, other guy gets next pick, etc. Decide before you open if it's going to be a snake draft or not. Usually coin flip for first pick. Keep going until you run out of whatever you consider hits. Split the rest.

Box draft, you open the case, shuffle the boxes. One guy picks a box, other guy picks a box, first guy picks a box, etc.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

I break cases with slugger82685 and jhollywood here on the forums. The way we do it is we each get our PC team then either random or draft the rest of the teams (snake draft).
Old 11-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you really want to be fair on the hits, then random the #1 pick and do a snake draft on the hits. If you really want to gamble, then just split the boxes.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Typically in a situation like this, we agree ahead of time that anything with eBay value over $100 gets sold and split automatically.

First we split the boxes up. Then keep everything you open in your own box.

After that, each person gets to protect 1 hit from the boxes they opened, then do a hit draft on the rest. That way if one person has 2 big hits, it balances out. If there is only 1 big hit, at least the person who opens it gets it. Who gets first draft pick? Paper Rock Scissors for it.

Check out my group breaks!
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would get every hit from the case and have an alternating draft of the hits. One case you go first, next case he goes first.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmasterp View Post
Typically in a situation like this, we agree ahead of time that anything with eBay value over $100 gets sold and split automatically.

After that, each person gets to protect 1 hit from the boxes they opened, then do a hit draft on the rest. That way if one person has 2 big hits, it balances out. If there is only 1 big hit, at least the person who opens it gets it. Who gets first draft pick? Paper Rock Scissors for it.
I like it.

America is clearly wheezing its last ethical gasps.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmasterp View Post

I like this one best too
azviking101 is offline   Reply With Quote