Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Holland Civic Center Show

Apparently there is a show in SW Michigan so I am headed there now.

If anyone has a display or is stopping by let me know

Bretthews80@gmail.com

We can discuss how much higher the prices are than BOC and eBay then buy the #@#@#@#@ we want anyways.

Also, if there is anything you want me to look for I guess I could try.

Hoping there is a whole booth of Shawon Dunston Jr plates for $20 and Superfractors for $200.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Show was weak as expected with turrible pricing

Why doesn't anyone at these shows have their cards all catalog'd and searchable on an iPad?

Seems like 1 day of scanning a month and an hour a day you would capture so many more sales. You could also track what is searched for and what sells pretty easily with history. Then use that information to make future purchasing decisions.

Or you could have a ratty old box of cards 900 little kids with colds have sifted thru that you will never sell and dead stock you can't reinvest in new inventory to stay current and fresh.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Show was weak as expected with turrible pricing

Why doesn't anyone at these shows have their cards all catalog'd and searchable on an iPad?

Seems like 1 day of scanning a month and an hour a day you would capture so many more sales. You could also track what is searched for and what sells pretty easily with history. Then use that information to make future purchasing decisions.

Or you could have a ratty old box of cards 900 little kids with colds have sifted thru that you will never sell and dead stock you can't reinvest in new inventory to stay current and fresh.
Is there an app you can catolog with?
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, the average person can afford to have an Ipad loaded with images of his cards so the general public can fondle his computer and still purchase nothing from him.

Was this request for real? If yes, thanks for the laugh.

Quote:
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Yeah, the average person can afford to have an Ipad loaded with images of his cards so the general public can fondle his computer and still purchase nothing from him.

Was this request for real? If yes, thanks for the laugh.
If you are planning to sell a good amount of cards I think you could swing $250 for a gen 1 iPad.

Thank YOU for what I assume was an equal laugh on my part.

I'd rather have them touch a screen I can put a protector on than some $100 cards
Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

Is still want to kmow how to catolog on an ipad
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
Is still want to kmow how to catolog on an ipad
I would do it on a gallery website and there are many. If you grew past that I think a COMC system would be ideal long term. If I could go to a show, look up everything I was looking for to see what was in their stock... I'd go to that booth 1st everytime.

It would require a tech savvy person and some time, but you could also have the people who visit your booth check back when there is no sale and potentially become web shoppers and repeat customers which is even more valuable.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

I thought I recognized you from the Unicorn Farm on 84th and Burlingame.

Quote:
If you are planning to sell a good amount of cards I think you could swing $250 for a gen 1 iPad.

Thank YOU for what I assume was an equal laugh on my part.

I'd rather have them touch a screen I can put a protector on than some $100 cards
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

If you are talking about high-end cards it would not be worth while, because they are right in front of you in the showcase. If you are talking about lower-end cards it probably would notbe worth it for the simple fact of having to keep it updated. Everytime you sell 4-5 cards you have to go back and adjust. Then if you forget your inventory is off. Not to mention the cards that get stolen when you are not looking. You could set it up perfectly and it would be a mess in a month. Nice idea in a perfect world, but it would not translate to the real world IMO. You also have to think about the cost to replace the Ipad when it gets dropped every so often.