Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking James Ramsey Bowman Auto's

I'm a HUGE cardinals fan and I'm thinking of starting a James Ramsey Bowman Auto collection. I love that he has so many auto variations (signs with different bible verses) and given that he's a late first rounder...and was a college senior to boot, his cards aren't too expensive.

Anyway, if you have any 2012 Bowman plates, auto's, xfractors, etc you're looking to move (trade or sell) just let me know.
85GoCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85GoCards View Post
I'm a HUGE cardinals fan and I'm thinking of starting a James Ramsey Bowman Auto collection. I love that he has so many auto variations (signs with different bible verses) and given that he's a late first rounder...and was a college senior to boot, his cards aren't too expensive.

Anyway, if you have any 2012 Bowman plates, auto's, xfractors, etc you're looking to move (trade or sell) just let me know.
I have a question about players who sign with bible verses. I completely respect someone who is giving a free auto to write something like that if he feels strongly about it, but if you're paying for an auto be it at a show or in a pack of cards, do you think it's wrong to do this? I certainly do. I don't need anyone preaching religion and I certainly don't want to pay for his views while seeing whatever item I'm purchasing crash down in value.

Back in 1991, I went to the first Phillies carnival thing and paid for Tom Herr's auto. He wrong John 3:16 on the card. The way I look at it, I wasted $5 on that auto as I don't share his beliefs and didn't need them pushed on me when I'm paying for it. Now if it was a Free auto, different story.

What are your views?
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

The way I see it is that any inscription is rarer than no inscription. How many guys just sign their names...99.8%? I always ask guys to inscribe...whether it be a nickname, number, award, etc. I don't think it is pushing beliefs off on someone at all. They're not telling you to start going to church, their just adding something unique/special to their autos.

That's just my two cents though.
85GoCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I'm waiting for someone to write Austin 3:16 on their card. I'd buy that one.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

I find it down right offensive!
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think it's awesome actually. I'm not particularly religious but any inscription to me is cool, brings out the personality of the player and makes it seem like he really cares when he is signing
pkscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think it's great. Don't have a problem with it at all.
gmsieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't share the religious views of those who put bible verses on their autos, but it doesn't bother me in the least if they do it. It's not like they are standing there preaching at me taking up my time. I look at it as the player's choice of how they sign, like they have the choice to make their signature readable, elaborate, or a squiggle.

Richard
Dilferules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilferules View Post
I don't share the religious views of those who put bible verses on their autos, but it doesn't bother me in the least if they do it. It's not like they are standing there preaching at me taking up my time. I look at it as the player's choice of how they sign, like they have the choice to make their signature readable, elaborate, or a squiggle.

Richard
I guess my issue is when someone is paid for their autograph and I'm paying for that autograph, I just don't feel he should write something on the card I don't want to see.

Great points by all by the way!
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote