Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
I entered over 30 codes. Didn't get any Blue Wave packs. Apparantly your roster can contain as many as 20 players. There's no way (that I can see) in which you can delete them from your roster in favor of someone else, but once you enter your 21st code it automatically supercedes one of the prior choices you've made.
Same problem here... Put in 25 codes, only showing 20 players and no packs
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #52 (permalink)

are you guys using a certain internet browser?

as I go to login, it just loops back to the page and won't log me in

edit: tried on explorer, chrome, and on my ipad
stera8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #53 (permalink)

i thought topps was giving away the packs at specific time intervals?
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stera8 View Post
are you guys using a certain internet browser?

as I go to login, it just loops back to the page and won't log me in

edit: tried on explorer, chrome, and on my ipad
firefox working for me.
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #55 (permalink)

Worked for me to enter codes just now. Picking my player was a little biggy as it kept saying that it failed, but my roster has both players I selected.

Check out my eBay store for great items!
tdbaseballcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdbaseballcards View Post
Worked for me to enter codes just now. Picking my player was a little biggy as it kept saying that it failed, but my roster has both players I selected.
ha, and for me, player selection went fine and the front page says xx players selected, but my roster is empty. wth
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #57 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

The one part of this site I definitely don't like is that it won't let you simply bypass the screen with the four choices (in case you don't like the ones it gives you). If you go back to enter another code, it presents you with the same four choices, then once you've (reluctantly) chosen, it offers you four additional choices from the second code you entered.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #58 (permalink)

I entered 6 codes, on the fifth code I entered it said Congratulations you have unlocked a Blue Wave Pack. Any idea how to redeem these???
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #59 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I entered 6 codes, on the fifth code I entered it said Congratulations you have unlocked a Blue Wave Pack. Any idea how to redeem these???
Congrats. Check your email and see if it gives you instructions, as I believe you have to pay $3 s/h to have it shipped to you. If not, check the official rules.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
Congrats. Check your email and see if it gives you instructions, as I believe you have to pay $3 s/h to have it shipped to you. If not, check the official rules.
No email, checked rules and it states to pay the S&H and to allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Last edited by Davesportscards; 12-10-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
No email, checked rules and it states to pay the S&H and to allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Just spoke to a Topps Rep, she said email notifications for prizes wont start until January. She told me if I don't receive an email by the end of January to call again and they would get it sorted out.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Just spoke to a Topps Rep, she said email notifications for prizes wont start until January. She told me if I don't receive an email by the end of January to call again and they would get it sorted out.

This is flat out terrible so far on topps part. First all these site issues, then you have to pay shipping and handling if you win the packs, then this that they won't even be doing prizes until January (which it wouldn't surprise me if the system gets screwed up and those who got blue waves never get that email notification).

I'm having the problem of simply getting selected players to show up on my team. It says selection confirmed, but yet when I go to my roster it's still empty. Anyone else with this problem?

EDIT- web browser certainly makes a difference. I just tried doing it through my iPhone and I can now select players, so if you're having trouble being about to select the players you might have to use a different browser.

Last edited by johnm021; 12-10-2012 at 10:16 AM.
johnm021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #63 (permalink)

well this is making me approximately 10% as excited as before about the promotion. Can't even get the packs mailed to you immediately through the site? That's terrible.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #64 (permalink)

lineup is all set. is it a good idea to have 5 pitchers on your team? i dont see much about pitchers in the how to play part what happens if one of the prospects make the mlb team out of spring training?
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
well this is making me approximately 10% as excited as before about the promotion. Can't even get the packs mailed to you immediately through the site? That's terrible.
Went back through and re-read the rules, saw where it says you will be notified via email (which like I was told SHOULD be sometime in January), then after S&H payment allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Went back through and re-read the rules, saw where it says you will be notified via email (which like I was told SHOULD be sometime in January), then after S&H payment allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
I misstated my frustration I think - the 4-6 weeks for delivery doesn't bother me. It's the inability to claim the packs immediately that sucks. So if I win 10 packs with my codes, do I have to get them all shipped separately using each individual email, and pay shipping 10x? That wouldn't be efficient at all.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
I misstated my frustration I think - the 4-6 weeks for delivery doesn't bother me. It's the inability to claim the packs immediately that sucks. So if I win 10 packs with my codes, do I have to get them all shipped separately using each individual email, and pay shipping 10x? That wouldn't be efficient at all.
Good luck getting 10 packs... Almost at 50 codes without a single pack
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I wouldn't certainly hope they ship it all together! But you never know right? Yeah I know what you were frustrated about, I would have thought they would be redeemable after unlocking them. Another thing that is odd is that there is no way to see what you have unlocked. The only thing I can see is my roster. I don't see anything about unlocked prizes or anything.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #69 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

site worked for me only in bowman chrome ....in IE it died

oops meant google chrome

Last edited by Nick2317; 12-10-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Nick2317 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarauction View Post

Ouch, that is a lot of codes to enter without getting a single pack. Hopefully that is just bad luck and you will unlock some soon.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2317 View Post
site worked for me only in bowman chrome ....in IE it died
HA ... in Bowman Chrome.

This hobby plays with your mind!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarauction View Post
"Random Code Game. In addition to the Challenge, at randomly pre-selected intervals, the participant entering a Code will receive a pack of Bowman Blue Wave Refractor baseball cards (Approx. Retail Value: $2.99 each. [USD]). To take possession of Bowman baseball cards, participant must pay a shipping and handling fee of $2.92. Allow approximately 4 - 6 weeks from date of notification of having entered Code to receive pack of Bowman Blue Wave Refractor baseball cards. Packs will be shipped via regular postal mail to address provided at time of registration (as per Rule 2B above)."

I'm not quite sure what that means....does that mean that the code cards themselves do not unlock the packs?? The 5th code I entered unlocked a pack. Maybe after so many codes are entered (via combined total of ALL codes entered) the next say... 50 codes entered unlock packs? So after 1000 codes are entered the next however many entered unlock packs????
Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #73 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I don't think it goes by how many codes you enter. I think certain codes unlock certain items, not by the amount you enter.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies1960 View Post
I don't think it goes by how many codes you enter. I think certain codes unlock certain items, not by the amount you enter.
I'm saying a COMBINED total across the entire promotion. Not how many 1 individual enters. I could be wrong though, their wording sounds like what I have stated though.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #75 (permalink)

Is it just me or does it seem kind of pointless to pick a roster in december when a lot can happen between now and the start of the season? I guess if you are just trying to unlock blue waves it makes sense, but the odds of unlocking those haven't sounded great from the small sample of feedback so far. Maybe I'm overthinking it but a top prospect might struggle at the next level, where a lesser known may crush against lesser competition until getting a promotion.

Just my $.02...