Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

I'm only curious on what you paid so I know what a steal you got haha. Lots of a great cards here. I'm sure you will submit some to beckett?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

Those cards graded by GEM, in my opinion decrease the value of the card. They are notorious for grading trimmed and fake cards. That is a nice lot though, nice pick up.
hearseguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #28 (permalink)

SiiiiiiiIIIIiii111111iiiiiiiiiiCCCCCCkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Freaking DISGUSTING!!!!!!11!!!11 Totally NNNNNNNAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!1
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #29 (permalink)

PM me if you are interested in selling the baseball rookie cards

Check out my eBay store for great cards at great prices! Everything set OBO!
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

Any roberto clemente or lesean McCoy? If so pm me please.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearseguy View Post
Those cards graded by GEM, in my opinion decrease the value of the card. They are notorious for grading trimmed and fake cards. That is a nice lot though, nice pick up.
These aren't vintage though so I doubt any trimming. I have done pretty well in the past with gem 10's always getting a minimum of what they sell for raw and considerably more a few times. Will get back to everyone with interest soon just let me know what you want and I'll come up with prices. Thanks guys.

Nuccionino- I got a great deal that's all I want to say for now. Definitely a good amount of profit to be made. When the dust settles and i get some of my money back ill let you know what I paid.

Last edited by JoeD617; 12-08-2012 at 03:15 PM.
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #32 (permalink)

Let me know seperate prices for the big bens, both Vicks, Wade and emmitt. Also let me know what the raiders are numbered to. Nice pick ups
Old 12-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

How much for the
kobe bryant
barry sanders premium player

Last edited by boston77yankees; 12-08-2012 at 03:30 PM.
boston77yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol no I don't get ripped off and it's nobody's business but mine. Thank you soooo much for worrying about me though it really means a lot!!! Lets just say ill make my money back in 5 cards or less. On my way back for a ton more now. Pics to follow.
Man...i love internet/message board "tuff guys".....
jdbuzz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #35 (permalink)

PM me on the Jeter Pinnacle.
craines27mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:06 AM   #36 (permalink)

Pm me on the Thomas die cut insert and the Griffey die cut donruss please
Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #37 (permalink)

Can you send me prices on any griffeys.
Gocubs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #38 (permalink)

interested in the kobe rookies pm me please
Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #39 (permalink)

Also interested in the Latos if selling.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #40 (permalink)

Man that is a nice lot of cards. I wish I could find something like that once. Every flea market or garage sale I go to has a bunch of late 80s early 90s junk lol. Congrats

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #41 (permalink)

Some of those 90s inserts sell for $10-20.00 a piece. A very lucrative market to get into if you get a low buy-in. Very nice find. I do see the value in that. Kobe ungraded Rookies sell for $25.00 BCCG 10. BCCG 10 is approximately the value of a Gem 10. BCCG is a sub-par grading arm of Beckett. BGS has tougher standards, BCCG more lenient. Roethlisberger RC's sell for 5.00 a pop unslabbed by any company. I'd say he made a fairly good amount of profit if he picked the lot up for $20-30.00.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

How much was the lot???
mdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #43 (permalink)

Every gem graded card I have touched has been altered.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
SiiiiiiiIIIIiii111111iiiiiiiiiiCCCCCCkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Freaking DISGUSTING!!!!!!11!!!11 Totally NNNNNNNAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!1
pretty much this.

op seems like an arse.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #45 (permalink)

Never claim to have gotten a steal and not share a price. You leave yourself open for half the comments your getting.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
The gem 10's dont add value. Come on now. Yes if it was a BGS 10 but its going to sell as a raw card with that company.
This is true, may decrease value as nobody wants a card graded by GEM. $15 tops for that card IMO...
Old 12-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #47 (permalink)

For everyone asking a price I do not want to share yet. I don't want people to hold it over my head when trying to buy cards. Let's just say I sold 4 Peyton manning RC's an got most o my money back from the first lot. I didn't post any response to be a tough guy I just thought it was funny for someone to be worried about me who doesn't know me and it was a sarcastic comment. I already apologized once for it. Hard to determine someone's tone on the Internet. I posted this pickup for one reason, to try to HELP anyone find cards for their PC an also make my money back, maybe some profit of course, in the meantime. I also will keep some and also give/trade some to friends. The rarer inserts in this lot are very sought after and I think I will do very well here. When I move a good amount I'll let you know what I paid. There are a lot of nice cards in here and like isaid I will make my money back on 5 cards or less. Figure get the SV for the top 5 cards or so and thats about what I paid for everything. Anyone who really wants to know and not just try to get a steal on a card since I did can do the little work. Anyone interested please PM me what you want and offers are encouraged as I am very busy with work. Thanks.

I also understand GEM doesn't add value to most cards but most of these are in great shape. I have sold some in the past for a decent premium and also some for the same as raw. I don't see these being altered since most are low end RC's, it's not like they are Jeter SP RC's and other very valuable cards. I didn't buy them because they were GEM I bought them because they were RC's of superstars in great condition. If you assume everything graded by gem is altered then you must assume every raw card is also? Not sure I really understand since they are mostly $5-15 cards and not worth altering. I just think they are very willing to give out a 10 lol. Also the Rivera (if that what was being talked about) is in very nice condition and I will be keeping it. If I did sell it I would almost guarantee it would sell for the price of a raw copy and probably slightly more.

Last edited by JoeD617; 12-09-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #48 (permalink)

See, this is what I can not stand. Why is it such a big deal to post what you paid? For example, if you buy a 52 Topps Mantle for $20 bucks, it doesn't mean the card isnt worth $15,000. The members that you would want to deal with would acknowledge your "steal" and pay going rate if they wanted the cards. The shady members who would expect you to sell for pennies are the ones you wouldn't want to deal with anyway.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFcollector View Post
See, this is what I can not stand. Why is it such a big deal to post what you paid? For example, if you buy a 52 Topps Mantle for $20 bucks, it doesn't mean the card isnt worth $15,000. The members that you would want to deal with would acknowledge your "steal" and pay going rate if they wanted the cards. The shady members who would expect you to sell for pennies are the ones you wouldn't want to deal with anyway.
Trust me iv done it before and people wouldn't stop lowballing me and saying "You only paid this!" and etc. I pretty much said what I paid for anyone who really wants to know for the sake of knowing not lowballing the top 5-6 cards SV. If you NEED to know for whatever reason PM me.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD617 View Post
Trust me iv done it before and people wouldn't stop lowballing me and saying "You only paid this!" and etc. I pretty much said what I paid for anyone who really wants to know for the sake of knowing not lowballing the top 5-6 cards SV. If you NEED to know for whatever reason PM me.
I completely respect your right not to disclose the price you paid, and trust me, I don't care what you paid lol. I am in the process of returning your PM, just a bit busy at the moment. I just said that because i don't see the big deal, and if I get low balled i just dont deal with that member anymore.