Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFcollector View Post
I completely respect your right not to disclose the price you paid, and trust me, I don't care what you paid lol. I am in the process of returning your PM, just a bit busy at the moment. I just said that because i don't see the big deal, and if I get low balled i just dont deal with that member anymore.
Understand completely, but if I ignored every member that lowballed me before, there would be very few members left to deal with!
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #52 (permalink)

People making a huge deal over what someone paid is comical. If you as an individual get a great deal are you going to go around and broadcast that to everyone and hurt the market value of your card? I don't think so. If I get a steal that there is no physical proof (such as ebay) I am certainly not going to announce a price anywhere.

Nice pickups OP
Old 12-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #53 (permalink)

I dont get why everyone is so obsessed about what he paid for this lot. The OP has every right not to post the purchase price if he doesnt want to. As he said, people are going to lowball him on cards just because they saw him get a good deal. It happens all the time. So either he posts the purchase price and its a great deal and everyone lowballs him, or if he posts the purchase price and it happens to be way too high people will laugh at him and say he got ripped off. It is a no win situation if he decides to list the price. I know I get lowballed every time I try to sell something that I bought on ebay cause I found it listed incorrectly and ending at a bad time of the day. Card can be $30 sale value but I happened to get it at $8 cause the name was not spelled right and it ended at 4:30 am and people will come back saying 'well you only paid $8 for it so thats the price I want it for'. Everyone only seems concerned about what someone paid for the card when they are the ones trying to buy it from that person. If someone tries to sell a card they bought for $20 and it may only be worth $10 he cant say 'well I bought it for 20 so that is what I should get back'. Sorry for the rant but you see this crap too often on here.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/

Last edited by GOWIFB; 12-09-2012 at 04:00 PM.
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
I dont get why everyone is so obsessed about what he paid for this lot. The OP has every right not to post the purchase price if he doesnt want to. As he said, people are going to lowball him on cards just because they saw him get a good deal. It happens all the time. So either he posts the purchase price and its a great deal and everyone lowballs him, or if he posts the purchase price and it happens to be way too high people will laugh at him and say he got ripped off. It is a no win situation if he decides to list the price. I know I get lowballed every time I try to sell something that I bought on ebay cause I found it listed incorrectly and ending at a bad time of the day. Card can be $30 sale value but I happened to get it at $8 cause the name was not spelled right and it ended at 4:30 am and people will come back saying 'well you only paid $8 for it so thats the price I want it for'. Everyone only seems concerned about what someone paid for the card when they are the ones trying to buy it from that person. If someone tries to sell a card they bought for $20 and it may only be worth $10 he cant say 'well I bought it for 20 so that is what I should get back'. Sorry for the rant but you see this crap too often on here.
I guess I feel if you are going to post about some amazing deal and tell everyone, why not let us know how great of a deal it is. Otherwise just quietly list your items in the B/S/T area or on Ebay and don't bother showing off a bunch of average stuff.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
I guess I feel if you are going to post about some amazing deal and tell everyone, why not let us know how great of a deal it is. Otherwise just quietly list your items in the B/S/T area or on Ebay and don't bother showing off a bunch of average stuff.
I never once said how amazing the deal was before anyone asked. I put sick flea market pickup and everything will be fs. That's it. Thanks for the reasonable posts John & GOWIFB, appreciate it.
So far I've posted a few nicer cards on here and eBay, and here's a few Griffeys & Ripkens people asked about. All OBO

1998 UD Big Boppers /500-$20 OBO
1998 Donruss Preferred Power-$5
1999 Invincible-$3
2000 Hands of Gold-$3
Entire Griffey lot- $22

1997 Pinnacle Clout MUSEUM COLLECTION-$30 OBO
1997 Finest Masters-$15 (unpeeled)
2000 Skybox Dominion Eye on October-$13 (NM)
1997 Donruss The Only Way I Know /5000-$5
1998 Pinnacle Performers /10000-$6
2000 Fleer Showcase Consummate Prose-$3
Entire Ripken Lot- $50
Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #56 (permalink)

Can you let me know how much you are looking for on the Manning inserts?

I think this was a nice lot of cards by the way. Someone above mentioned them as being "average" but to me these type of cards are what I enjoy the most, so they are more than average to me. I'm sure others feel the same way. A lot of people don't want a card unless it's autographed and that's fine, I just hate it when people put down other types of cards simply because it's not something that they personally like.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #57 (permalink)

The Barry sanders ft? Thanks

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o527/Yastrzemski8/
fakeelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #58 (permalink)

UPDATE & Way better pictures and price here.
SICK Flea Market Find Update & pictures!