Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Last edited by luck15hope; 12-31-2012 at 03:15 AM.
luck15hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
That is such a shame. The card is clearly legit.

Shame on you buyer abusing the eBay system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
You're an idiot.

Blocked on Ebay
Maybe my perspective is skewed ... and I would still be pissed if I were the seller ... but this buyer doesn't appear to have a history of doing this. Are you sure you guys aren't overreacting a little?

I guess what I'm asking is ... is it such a bad thing for a guy to want an expensive autographed card to carry the "Topps Certified Autograph" seal?
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #29 (permalink)

Know what you are bidding on BEFORE YOU BID.

A TTT printing plate may or may not have certain letters or features on the front, depending on what color the plate is. ALL Hosmer TTT white whales were on-card autos in 2011.

If the buyer can't do 5 minutes' worth of googling, how is it the seller's fault?

KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BIDDING ON. This is a waste of everyone's time because of an ignorant buyer. Sorry if this hurts his feelings, but it needs to be said.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #30 (permalink)

I believe I am a very reasonable person but something just doesn't feel right about this. The basis of this return is that it was fake. There hasn't been anything or anyone that can claim its not real other then the buyer. I will ask, if I can get topps to disclose that this is a legit card would that be sufficient or what will it take to understand its real other then obtaining only black printing plate white whales.
Fyi, This was a 2 card lot, one 2011, one 2012 white whale hosmer auto.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Maybe my perspective is skewed ... and I would still be pissed if I were the seller ... but this buyer doesn't appear to have a history of doing this. Are you sure you guys aren't overreacting a little?

I guess what I'm asking is ... is it such a bad thing for a guy to want an expensive autographed card to carry the "Topps Certified Autograph" seal?
There will not be the saying if the printing plate doesn't have the color that the saying is written in. Only the black have it.

The buyer's excuse is merely that... an excuse.

Sure he was polite, but polite as you cheat and essentially steal from the seller?

His post about it's his money and he will do what he wants? He is a scammer.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #33 (permalink)

Question for everybody; isn't every White Whale from that product autographed. It's clearly a White Whale. It evens says it on the back.

Do you think that auto is fake barob72?
izybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I assume this is the auction:

Eric Hosmer 2011 RC 2012 Triple Threads White Whale 1 1 Bat Jersey Auto | eBay
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Last edited by luck15hope; 12-31-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #36 (permalink)

OP- Just get your cards back. And for Gods sake, split those up and resell them. Why on Earth would you sell those together???
izybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #37 (permalink)

Being in the printing business i can say my-coolectibles is right only the black plate will have those words on it because it is the only plate where that content would appear when they used the plate to produce the actual card and thus it is authentic. i am suprised topps has not told you that.
Gocubs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #38 (permalink)

Sorry Buyer Something seems fishy to me i think your friend backed out on a deal you had with him. So now your trying to get money back since the deal went south. Ya you have 45 days but after 1 day shoot a week max you should have contacted the seller . Not wait till a month later. i hope if you do end up sending back that they are sent safely and insured. But as the seller i would fight this since the item has no issues and is real .
Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #39 (permalink)

buyer: blocked
Lancemountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #40 (permalink)

This is ridiculous...I haven't dealt with TTT printing plated yet but it only makes sense that the black plate would have the wording on it and not the others (which are mostly for the photo of player). I think the buyer is strapped for cash for the holidays and spent more than he thought he actually had. As far as the Topps comment...not believable. I suggest the OP makes his own phone call. Don't let the buyer get away with this. It's time for buyers to protect themselves! Haha, it's not even my transaction and I'm highly annoyed!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #41 (permalink)

I have to agree with the blocked assesment.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flkrsn5 View Post
This is ridiculous...I haven't dealt with TTT printing plated yet but it only makes sense that the black plate would have the wording on it and not the others (which are mostly for the photo of player). I think the buyer is strapped for cash for the holidays and spent more than he thought he actually had. As far as the Topps comment...not believable. I suggest the OP makes his own phone call. Don't let the buyer get away with this. It's time for buyers to protect themselves! Haha, it's not even my transaction and I'm highly annoyed!
Agreed. I called topps and they obviously said they could go back and certify the auto and that this is how the cards are. They told me to send them a picture so they will do something about it? I've asked buyer would a statement from topps saying its legit be good enough but I haven't heard back and I'm guessing all he really wants is his money back or the proof from this thread would be sufficient enough that its legit.
Oh well what do you do? Refund and move on I guess.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barob72 View Post
So I'm the guy who purchased this card and at the outset I didn't question even to the point of leaving positive feedback. I don't go around authenticating and then returning big purchases like this one. It wasn't until a (collector) friend of mine stopped by to see my new purchases (and there have been many ... check my feedback). He pointed out the discrepancy and said for the money it's best to make sure. So I called Topps and opened a ticket with them. They called back today stating they cannot guarantee that it's authentic and when I asked the rep if there were any other examples they could not provide one.
Now speaking to the back of the card. I have another concern regarding the numbering. I own two other 1/1 TTT auto's from Eric Hosmer and none have a sticker affixed to the card reflecting the number. If you look at the attached image it does appear there is a sticker with the number '136'.

Although I trust the seller I'm not certain this is an authentic card. And for the money I spent I want 100% certainty. Ebay protects buyers up to 45 days after purchase so I'm not breaking any rules. This is the very first instance where I am questioning the authenticity of a card. Unfortunately the seller purchased from another person so there is no redemption card to show as further proof.
I'm very sorry it turned out this way because I did want the cards. I'm a die hard Royals fan and heavily invested in both Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas. It makes no difference to me if you agree or disagree because in the end it's my money.

Kyle, Once again I'm sorry with how things turned out. I hope you can find another seller. Maybe there's another Hosmer fan here who will buy it.
You're a tool
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #44 (permalink)

So what I'm getting from this is...the buyer is an idiot. If you don't know what you're bidding on and aren't comfortable with it, then don't bid. Don't #@#@#@#@ the seller over because you're a tool.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalukabubuday View Post
Agreed. I called topps and they obviously said they could go back and certify the auto and that this is how the cards are. They told me to send them a picture so they will do something about it? I've asked buyer would a statement from topps saying its legit be good enough but I haven't heard back and I'm guessing all he really wants is his money back or the proof from this thread would be sufficient enough that its legit.
Oh well what do you do? Refund and move on I guess.
Yea, I wouldn't refund $#!+...the proof is there. You shouldn't have to refund buyers solely for the fact that they are idiots. He had the pictures/scans to go off of in the listing and that didn't "draw a flag" then until his "buddy" who also is an idiot said something. It's legit, I would send eBay all of his messages and let them know his REAL reasoning behind wanting a refund. He obviously has nothing else to say after the members here showing the proof it is real. You should charge him a fee for even holding that card, haha. WHAT A TOOL!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
There will not be the saying if the printing plate doesn't have the color that the saying is written in. Only the black have it.

The buyer's excuse is merely that... an excuse.

Sure he was polite, but polite as you cheat and essentially steal from the seller?

His post about it's his money and he will do what he wants? He is a scammer.
Now that my headache is gone, I see the light. Didn't realize this about the white whales.

Buyer, you should be ashamed if you return this card.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #47 (permalink)

DO NOT refund this guy one penny until you have the cards back in your hands in good condition! If he wants to return it, there's nothing you can do about it. You will have to accept the return, ebay will side with him all day long. Hopefully you'll only be out some shipping costs.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flkrsn5 View Post
Yea, I wouldn't refund $#!+...the proof is there. You shouldn't have to refund buyers solely for the fact that they are idiots. He had the pictures/scans to go off of in the listing and that didn't "draw a flag" then until his "buddy" who also is an idiot said something. It's legit, I would send eBay all of his messages and let them know his REAL reasoning behind wanting a refund. He obviously has nothing else to say after the members here showing the proof it is real. You should charge him a fee for even holding that card, haha. WHAT A TOOL!!!
I hear you and I think everyone sees right through the buyers remorse/claim its fake but doesn't ebay protect the crap out of buyers
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
DO NOT refund this guy one penny until you have the cards back in your hands in good condition! If he wants to return it, there's nothing you can do about it. You will have to accept the return, ebay will side with him all day long. Hopefully you'll only be out some shipping costs.
For sure.... No other way but to wait till it gets returned.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #50 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno

This thread is a fake.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote