Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
This thread is a fake.
True.. Does not say Topps Certified
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #52 (permalink)

Real low ball move by the buyer here. Clearly card is real. I'm blocking on Ebay as well.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #53 (permalink)

Wow. I don't even sell on eBay and I'm blocking the buyer here.

It saddens me how pathetic some people are these days.

And all along I was asking myself, "Man, I don't even have the slightest idea how to go about faking a Topps Printing Plate."

Then I realized that if I did, I'd probably be more interested in making printing plates for real world currency so I could, you know, print my own money -- instead of spending a ridiculous amount of time making a fake baseball card printing plate and selling it for... well, my internet isn't loading the auction page, but I'm guessing it's in the $200 range, tops.

Really? Making a fake baseball card printing plate so you can sell it for $200?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #54 (permalink)

This dude is blocked. Even if he originally thought that he was right, the OVERWHELMING evidence presented in this thread should have shown him that he was dead wrong. Once I am told that he's dropped his case, I'll unblock.

America is clearly wheezing its last ethical gasps.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #55 (permalink)

If after all of this the buyer still returns the cards then all this is, once again, is another guy buying something thinking he can flip for profit, realizing it ain't gonna happen, and using the shoddy fleabay return system to his advantage to get out of a bad investment. BLOCKED

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #56 (permalink)

Buyer: Card is questionable

Everyone Else: Card is legit *shows proof*

Buyer: *crickets*
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #57 (permalink)

So say 30 days ago a card is worth 500% of what it worth now. Someone bought it at its high and after a huge drop in value, want a refund. Could you claim how the card lost 80% of its worth and seek damages )or whatever you would call it?) what's to stop buyers from returning any card of a player that tanks and screw the seller out of a lot of money?
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #58 (permalink)

If i were you seller i would contact ebay and say this is buyers remorse. He had it for to long to come up with this BS .
Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD617 View Post
So say 30 days ago a card is worth 500% of what it worth now. Someone bought it at its high and after a huge drop in value, want a refund. Could you claim how the card lost 80% of its worth and seek damages )or whatever you would call it?) what's to stop buyers from returning any card of a player that tanks and screw the seller out of a lot of money?
nothing can stop buyers from using the ebay system to their advantage when trying to flip for profit.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barob72 View Post
So I'm the guy who purchased this card and at the outset I didn't question even to the point of leaving positive feedback. I don't go around authenticating and then returning big purchases like this one. It wasn't until a (collector) friend of mine stopped by to see my new purchases (and there have been many ... check my feedback). He pointed out the discrepancy and said for the money it's best to make sure. So I called Topps and opened a ticket with them. They called back today stating they cannot guarantee that it's authentic and when I asked the rep if there were any other examples they could not provide one.
Now speaking to the back of the card. I have another concern regarding the numbering. I own two other 1/1 TTT auto's from Eric Hosmer and none have a sticker affixed to the card reflecting the number. If you look at the attached image it does appear there is a sticker with the number '136'.

Although I trust the seller I'm not certain this is an authentic card. And for the money I spent I want 100% certainty. Ebay protects buyers up to 45 days after purchase so I'm not breaking any rules. This is the very first instance where I am questioning the authenticity of a card. Unfortunately the seller purchased from another person so there is no redemption card to show as further proof.
I'm very sorry it turned out this way because I did want the cards. I'm a die hard Royals fan and heavily invested in both Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas. It makes no difference to me if you agree or disagree because in the end it's my money.

Kyle, Once again I'm sorry with how things turned out. I hope you can find another seller. Maybe there's another Hosmer fan here who will buy it.

I have to disagree on this. Card is extremely legit and if I were the seller I would definitely NOT accept this as an excuse. This card is legit like everyone here has stated, this is just the buyer trying to get out of a bad investment. Then of all things has the guts to come on here and try to prove his case.. Sad

Last edited by Swingman; 12-13-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Swingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
So I'm the guy who purchased this card and at the outset I didn't question even to the point of leaving positive feedback. I don't go around authenticating and then returning big purchases like this one. It wasn't until a (collector) friend of mine stopped by to see my new purchases (and there have been many ... check my feedback). He pointed out the discrepancy and said for the money it's best to make sure. So I called Topps and opened a ticket with them. They called back today stating they cannot guarantee that it's authentic and when I asked the rep if there were any other examples they could not provide one.
Now speaking to the back of the card. I have another concern regarding the numbering. I own two other 1/1 TTT auto's from Eric Hosmer and none have a sticker affixed to the card reflecting the number. If you look at the attached image it does appear there is a sticker with the number '136'.

Although I trust the seller I'm not certain this is an authentic card. And for the money I spent I want 100% certainty. Ebay protects buyers up to 45 days after purchase so I'm not breaking any rules. This is the very first instance where I am questioning the authenticity of a card. Unfortunately the seller purchased from another person so there is no redemption card to show as further proof.
I'm very sorry it turned out this way because I did want the cards. I'm a die hard Royals fan and heavily invested in both Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas. It makes no difference to me if you agree or disagree because in the end it's my money.

Kyle, Once again I'm sorry with how things turned out. I hope you can find another seller. Maybe there's another Hosmer fan here who will buy it.
Sorry but it took you almost a month to figure out you were having buyers remorse? Why dont you call topps and figure it out... If i were the seller id fight this to the end bc ur having nothing but buyers remorse... 30+ days later...and to OP if you can remember who you got it from if it was a redemption then its still listed in his account....just have the original owner dig up the page...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #62 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Weird that the buyer hasn't made any more posts on Blowout - yet he has been on the site. Shocking I say. Shocking.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
So I'm the guy who purchased this card and at the outset I didn't question even to the point of leaving positive feedback, because let's face it, we know it's real. I don't go around authenticating and then returning big purchases like this one. It wasn't until a (buyer) friend of mine stopped by to see my new investments (and there have been many ... check my feedback). He pointed out that he would only purchase it from me for less than i paid.

Although I trust the seller, I'm not certain i can make money on this card. And for the money I spent I want 25-40% more than i paid if i were to sell. Ebay protects buyers up to 45 days after purchase so I'm not breaking any rules, just abusing the system. This is the very first documented instance where I am returning a card because i cannot make money on it. Unfortunately the seller purchased from another person so there is no redemption card to show as further proof.

I'm very sorry it turned out this way because I did want the cards to sell. I'm a die hard Royals fan and lost tons of money on both Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas. It makes no difference to me if you agree or disagree because in the end it's the seller's loss, not mine.

Kyle, Once again I'm happy with how things turned out, after all, i get off scott-free and you even have to pay me to return it to you, god i love ebay. I hope you can find another seller. Maybe there's another Hosmer fan here who will buy it.
fixed that for you.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
fixed that for you.
This should be pinned. Haha
Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
fixed that for you.
This is amazing.. BRAVO!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
This should be pinned. Haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
This is amazing.. BRAVO!
occasionally i fire on all cyliders. not often, but it happens
Old 12-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #67 (permalink)

UPDATE:
Buyer wants to send it to Beckett and have it graded. He says if it gets graded and slabbed he will keep the card. If for some reason it is ungradable or returned unslabbed then he wants a refund.

question:
Im hoping this will end this "fake" claim and everything works out but the devils advocate in me thinks, can't you ask for a certian grade and if its not above that grade they return the card to you?
I asked for a copy of the BGS submission.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalukabubuday View Post
UPDATE:
Buyer wants to send it to Beckett and have it graded. He says if it gets graded and slabbed he will keep the card. If for some reason it is ungradable or returned unslabbed then he wants a refund.

question:
Im hoping this will end this "fake" claim and everything works out but the devils advocate in me thinks, can't you ask for a certian grade and if its not above that grade they return the card to you?
I asked for a copy of the BGS submission.
you can definitely set minimum grades on all BGS orders. If you ask to see the submission slip, the buyer must check the box that states if the card does not meet minimum grade, BGS will slab it as authentic.

on all my BGS bulk subs, i specify that all cards not meeting minimum grade be slabbed as authentic. otherwise, BGS will return the card with a white slip, unslabbed.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #69 (permalink)

The buyer should post all the information he submits to Beckett in this thread if he wants to try to salvage his reputation on here.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
you can definitely set minimum grades on all BGS orders. If you ask to see the submission slip, the buyer must check the box that states if the card does not meet minimum grade, BGS will slab it as authentic.

on all my BGS bulk subs, i specify that all cards not meeting minimum grade be slabbed as authentic. otherwise, BGS will return the card with a white slip, unslabbed.
The buyer needs to instead ask for the card to be authenticated and not graded. The plates will always take a huge hit on the grade and it will probably come back a 6 or 7, if not lower. It's not the condition of the card that's in question, just the autograph, so he just needs to get it authenticated.

Like a lot of other people have said, the words aren't showing up, because it's not the black plate. I have several white whales with no words on it. He needs to learn about plates before bidding.

Lastly, I find it funny that the buyer hasn't said anything else on this forum, but contacted the seller by PM. I guess he knows he's WRONG and is now not wanting to speak up and admit it. Be a man, grow a pair, and just admit you're wrong and just enjoy your card. Everyone knows that White Whales are all autograph cards and it would be pretty impossible to make a fake one, because I'm sure no one just has extra WW plates sitting around their house, just waiting to be made into fake cards. Wow, some people just amaze me.

Last edited by obenheimer; 12-13-2012 at 11:09 AM.
obenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #71 (permalink)

yellow plate - no topps certified statement

55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #72 (permalink)

Buyer is an idiot. Hope no one does business with him on this forum.

What's up with the wave of idiots who don't know what they're buying?
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #73 (permalink)

Yes tell him to authenticate it . There will be no issues unless he tampered with the card himself.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

I would like to send the card to a grading company to have it authenticated, brilliant!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #75 (permalink)

If only the buyer had taken the blue pill instead...
ntgm37 is online now   Reply With Quote