Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #76 (permalink)

based on OP's screenname, the appropriate reply to buyer shouldve been
"shut your mouth, go away"
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #77 (permalink)

I guess I should open up a case on this one and get my money back as well huh? It can't be a real autograph. LOL.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #78 (permalink)

Sorry seller, you're getting screwed here. At least when BGS slabs it authentic, you'll supposedly get to keep with the current sale. Just a pain to have to go through all of this when it's extremely obvious that it's not fake.
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barob72 View Post
So I'm the guy who purchased this card and at the outset I didn't question even to the point of leaving positive feedback. I don't go around authenticating and then returning big purchases like this one. It wasn't until a (collector) friend of mine stopped by to see my new purchases (and there have been many ... check my feedback). He pointed out the discrepancy and said for the money it's best to make sure. So I called Topps and opened a ticket with them. They called back today stating they cannot guarantee that it's authentic and when I asked the rep if there were any other examples they could not provide one.
Now speaking to the back of the card. I have another concern regarding the numbering. I own two other 1/1 TTT auto's from Eric Hosmer and none have a sticker affixed to the card reflecting the number. If you look at the attached image it does appear there is a sticker with the number '136'.

Although I trust the seller I'm not certain this is an authentic card. And for the money I spent I want 100% certainty. Ebay protects buyers up to 45 days after purchase so I'm not breaking any rules. This is the very first instance where I am questioning the authenticity of a card. Unfortunately the seller purchased from another person so there is no redemption card to show as further proof.
I'm very sorry it turned out this way because I did want the cards. I'm a die hard Royals fan and heavily invested in both Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas. It makes no difference to me if you agree or disagree because in the end it's my money.

Kyle, Once again I'm sorry with how things turned out. I hope you can find another seller. Maybe there's another Hosmer fan here who will buy it.
and.........BLOCKED

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #80 (permalink)

Olajuwon, Drexler, Earl Campbell/Longhorns, Byfuglien, Red Wings, Patrick/Evander Kane
pengages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #81 (permalink)

Don't buy printing plates if you don't understand that certain colors will not be seen on some of them, text included.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #82 (permalink)

OP has a small printing set up in his back yard churning up printing plates. Brilliant!
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
yellow plate - no topps certified statement

That's a sick patch!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #84 (permalink)

i have 5 triple threads printing plates graded by bgs and they all graded very well other than surface and my average is about an 8 on the surface subgrade
Old 12-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #85 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So I'm the guy who purchased this card and at the outset I didn't question even to the point of leaving positive feedback. I don't go around authenticating and then returning big purchases like this one. It wasn't until a (collector) friend of mine stopped by to see my new purchases (and there have been many ... check my feedback). He pointed out the discrepancy and said for the money it's best to make sure. So I called Topps and opened a ticket with them. They called back today stating they cannot guarantee that it's authentic and when I asked the rep if there were any other examples they could not provide one.
Now speaking to the back of the card. I have another concern regarding the numbering. I own two other 1/1 TTT auto's from Eric Hosmer and none have a sticker affixed to the card reflecting the number. If you look at the attached image it does appear there is a sticker with the number '136'.

Although I trust the seller I'm not certain this is an authentic card. And for the money I spent I want 100% certainty. Ebay protects buyers up to 45 days after purchase so I'm not breaking any rules. This is the very first instance where I am questioning the authenticity of a card. Unfortunately the seller purchased from another person so there is no redemption card to show as further proof.
I'm very sorry it turned out this way because I did want the cards. I'm a die hard Royals fan and heavily invested in both Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas. It makes no difference to me if you agree or disagree because in the end it's my money.

Kyle, Once again I'm sorry with how things turned out. I hope you can find another seller. Maybe there's another Hosmer fan here who will buy it.
Douchebag of the year!
coyne81486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #86 (permalink)

Sad how degrading and low people can be with how they refer to others they know nothing about. I'm not friends with anyone on this board, and after reading most of these posts I'm thankful for that.

I never once had buyers remorse. I never once had the need for money. I never once tried to use ebay to my advantage. I stick to everything previously stated in my single post.

I noticed the OP neglected to follow up after all was said and done. I did submit the card for grading with the understanding that if Beckett was unable to authenticate I would proceed with my claim. The one and only thing I am negligent in is not having the full information on the card prior to purchase. I've been collecting cards longer than most on this board but up to this point had not purchased printing plates. The opportunity on this one could not be passed up so I negotiated a great price and made the deal. It wasn't until someone else looking at my collection (and obviously just as ignorant as me on printing plates) noticed the difference between this one and a few others I had also recently purchased. It was then I contacted the seller which ultimately led me to submit to Beckett (and by the way it was also my suggestion to submit to Beckett).

I could care less if you block or curse me. I've got thick skin. But it bothers me the bravery and crass people, human beings, show when they are typing on a keyboard. Would you call out these same names to me face to face? I find it difficult that you would. I did nothing more than take steps to protect myself through ebay. I was very clear with the seller time and again .... time and again ... that I didn't want to return the card but did want certainty it was legitimate. Beckett not only verified that but graded it mint in the process so I guess karma worked out in the end. Case closed.
barob72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #87 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

""Once again I'm sorry with how things turned out. I hope you can find another seller. Maybe there's another Hosmer fan here who will buy it.""

""I was very clear with the seller time and again .... time and again ... that I didn't want to return the card but did want certainty it was legitimate""

-Putting aside the necro for a second, coupled with your opening of an eBay claim, you do realize these contradict each other?

Good.

I don't think folks would have reacted so bad had you not filed a case on it. Such was not required to obtain proof of legitimacy. This was demonstrated not only in this thread (showing examples of this type of card) but in your ultimate decision to submit for authentication as settlement. You could have easily done this without reporting/opening a case.

That part about you contacting Topps and expecting help was cute. Lesson learned, i trust.

As an aside, to your point of being a collector since before i was in diapers, then how the heck do you not know to check something out first before you bid? All these factors tend to show that you are not the kind of experienced collector/buyer some want to fuss with on eBay.

To me, at least, that's the rub. And potentially abusing the refund/case system when the investment didn't look as good as when you made the purchase. But that's a topic for another time, i think.

lobo_hacker, who kinda thinks a necro of more than 30 days is bad form

Last edited by lobo_hacker; 01-11-2013 at 06:40 PM.
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Sad how degrading and low people can be with how they refer to others they know nothing about. I'm not friends with anyone on this board, and after reading most of these posts I'm thankful for that.

I never once had buyers remorse. I never once had the need for money. I never once tried to use ebay to my advantage. I stick to everything previously stated in my single post.

I noticed the OP neglected to follow up after all was said and done. I did submit the card for grading with the understanding that if Beckett was unable to authenticate I would proceed with my claim. The one and only thing I am negligent in is not having the full information on the card prior to purchase. I've been collecting cards longer than most on this board but up to this point had not purchased printing plates. The opportunity on this one could not be passed up so I negotiated a great price and made the deal. It wasn't until someone else looking at my collection (and obviously just as ignorant as me on printing plates) noticed the difference between this one and a few others I had also recently purchased. It was then I contacted the seller which ultimately led me to submit to Beckett (and by the way it was also my suggestion to submit to Beckett).

I could care less if you block or curse me. I've got thick skin. But it bothers me the bravery and crass people, human beings, show when they are typing on a keyboard. Would you call out these same names to me face to face? I find it difficult that you would. I did nothing more than take steps to protect myself through ebay. I was very clear with the seller time and again .... time and again ... that I didn't want to return the card but did want certainty it was legitimate. Beckett not only verified that but graded it mint in the process so I guess karma worked out in the end. Case closed.
How about this one wise guy. Are there any Hosmer TTT Rising Rookies that are not autographed? How about any Hosmer TTT Rising Rookies that aren't on card autographs? Is there anything that looks suspicious about the card to believe it would be fake? Three no's so far. If you had any background knowledge in the least of printing plates, it's pretty obvious based on the coloring of the plate and the on card autograph that the card is real.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote