Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #26 (permalink)

My wife and mom in law jaws drop when they see me selling a card for 100+ lol

They just cant imagine why in the world someone will pay so much money for cardboard.

I pray for the day I pull a card that sells for a few thousand or even 10k+ card like a Superfractor Auto of a hot player. I think they will have a heart attack that day lol
Old 12-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
My wife and mom in law jaws drop when they see me selling a card for 100+ lol

They just cant imagine why in the world someone will pay so much money for cardboard.

I pray for the day I pull a card that sells for a few thousand or even 10k+ card like a Superfractor Auto of a hot player. I think they will have a heart attack that day lol
My dad tripped out when the Animal Kingdom Patch Card he pulled out of a box of 2012 Goodwin sold for $300. He only opens when I buy a case and ask him to help.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Nap View Post
My dad had similar story. His mom threw away his shoebox of cards when he went to college. He knew for a fact he had at least 3 Mantles in there, among other things. He went to the grave never forgiving her for that. She was still alive when he died. The moral, don't leave your sh#$ at your parents house. It might get thrown away. My mom on the other hand made me come home after dad dies and go through EVERYTHING. She didn't want me to experience the same thing.
similar story here. my grandmother donated my dads entire comic book collection to the kids at church while he was serving in Vietnam. he was sick to his stomach when he came home and found out. he was and still is very particular about his belongings and kept his collection in excellent condition. he tells me stories of the gems he had in there from his childhood (50's-60's).
Old 10-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

This version is funnier than the other one.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #30 (permalink)

Yeah, but how was the Garth Brooks show?
OriginalWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKards View Post
Back around 1993 I was a delaer at llocal card shows in and around Dallas/Ft. Worth. I had a very good collection and was making decent money every weekend show. One weekend, there was a show at the Arlington Convention Center (next door to the old Arlington Stadium where the Texas Rangers used to play). On one Saturday I was at a show buying/selling/trading cards while my mom stood in line for tickets to go see Garth Brooks at Texas Stadium. I told her after the sell was over to meet me at the show.

A few hours later she showed up with tickets to the show. We walked around a little bit. She didn't know anything about the card collecting industry. I went up to one delaer that I knew and I saw that he had a Mickey Mantle Rookie Card. Can't remember what grade it was, but it was a nice card.

I asked him to pull it out and I covered the price on the card and asked my mom how much do you think this card costs? She knew who The Mick was and she guessed $300!!!!!!!!! The guy behind the table almost had a heart attack. I revealed the price, around $75,000!!! She said "that's almost more than a f**king house!!!!!" LMAO still thinking about that.
You did a better job this time I guess... A Very Funny Story better than your first attempt
AwesomeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

When I was little and getting heavy into baseball cards, my grandmother who helped me start up my own shop told me when she was growing up she was kind of a tom-boy and loved baseball. She was a Yankees fan and had a bunch of yankees baseball cards.

I have always wondered what she had in her collection.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Nap View Post
My dad had similar story. His mom threw away his shoebox of cards when he went to college. He knew for a fact he had at least 3 Mantles in there, among other things. He went to the grave never forgiving her for that. She was still alive when he died. The moral, don't leave your sh#$ at your parents house. It might get thrown away. My mom on the other hand made me come home after dad dies and go through EVERYTHING. She didn't want me to experience the same thing.
my Aunt said she through out 3 big cartons of my cousins hockey cards from the late 60's and early 70's ... ouch!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #34 (permalink)

Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door once at like 8 AM on a Sunday (man and woman). Before they gave me the usual speech, I told them I was hungover and had some random ho in my bedroom. They weren't amused when I asked if they wanted to join us...
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:26 AM   #35 (permalink)

You could call Panini and see if they will fix it.

Follow me on Twitter @Davesportscards
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Then there was this one time that a fella in South Dakota was working on the highway, when a big rig pinned the left side of his body to the concrete. He wound up having to have his entire left side removed.

He's all right now.
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote