Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #301 (permalink)

The Mets apparently could have gotten a little money back for Buck's 6M but chose to lessen the load with the final two guys, which I'm guessing is why it wasn't immediately reported. Nickeas is nothing; he will catch Dickey if Thole gets hurt. Becerra is a high-upside case. No deal changers there. Awesome.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #302 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

As a Mets fan in rebuilding mode I think its a win for them.

Dickey never had a year like he did in 2012. Thats not to say he cannot do it again but I am sure the odds are against him even with his stellar record vs the AL East in his last 4 starts. He has never won more than 13 games before 2012. He is 5 games over over .500 for his career and never pitched more than 208 innings before 2012. Also never had more than 134 K's before 2012
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #303 (permalink)

Solid for the Jays who are obviously playing for 2013.

Fantastic move for the Mets who are obviously playing for 2014+.
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #304 (permalink)

Mets want to bring in an upside starting pitcher, some relievers, some catching depth, and are looking at outfielders.

Deal was talked about before winter meetings, died because they only offered D'Arnaud and Syndergaard basically got it done.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #305 (permalink)

Real happy about this move for my Metropolitans. Won't pay dividends this spring but could definitely pave the road for a bright future.

Really glad I got to see Dickey's 20th win at Citi, definitely a day to remember.
cjsayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #306 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsayde View Post
Real happy about this move for my Metropolitans. Won't pay dividends this spring but could definitely pave the road for a bright future.

Really glad I got to see Dickey's 20th win at Citi, definitely a day to remember.
Were you with The 7 Line army?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Were you with The 7 Line army?
Nah, my buddy's mom is the head of ticket sales and gets 4 tickets to every game so we sat behind the 3rd base tarp. Great seats!

I saw them out in center field, in full force. I'm thinking about buying an opening day ticket with them because it looked like a blast.
cjsayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #308 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsayde View Post
Nah, my buddy's mom is the head of ticket sales and gets 4 tickets to every game so we sat behind the 3rd base tarp. Great seats!

I saw them out in center field, in full force. I'm thinking about buying an opening day ticket with them because it looked like a blast.
Yeah, it was definitly awesome. I've never seen a game from center field either, so it was a plus plus.