Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
Still, $1.65 versus .45 on a low end card, when multiplied many times over, definitely adds up. Like I said, I've shipped hundreds of cards this way and have had zero complaints or incidents. You take the risk when shipping this way, but it's a risk most sellers of low end stuff are willing to take.
And for the buyer (or maybe it's just me as a buyer) $1 can be a big difference relative to the value of the low-end deal.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSizzle31 View Post
Hey guys. I've never shipped anything in a PWE but today I sold a Drew Stubbs Gypsy Queen auto to a forum member for $3 del in PWE. My question is, how do you ship in a PWE?

My thought was to put the card in a sleeve and top loader, put the top loader in a team bag, and put the team bag in the PWE. Is that the common practice? Do I need to put in decoy cards? I hope not.

Also, how many stamps does a single card in PWE take? 1 or 2?

Thanks

Dan
penny sleeve, top loader, team bag...seal that in a pwe....tape the seams of the envelope...write non machinable on the front
.....cost= 65 cents and. It bypasses the sorting machine...do it all the time with no issues

BUCKET:
http://s228.beta.photobucket.com/user/casket_photos/library/
jeeptrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopster3977 View Post
I just cannot understand why sellers/buyers would use PWE as a shipping option. You can't get delivery confirmation with PWE, and it only costs $1 more to ship using Ebay/PayPal shipping and you get free delivery confirmation.

As a seller/buyer I would never accept this type of shipping. Very amateur, and does nothing to protect the card(s).
How can you say it is amateur when you have never done it? I have done over 500 transactions in a PWE (400 nonmachiaable) and not once where there was damage. I have done about 500 transactions in a bubble mailer and have had three issues with damage.

Second, especially with trades, the saving on shipping is worth it. I made a trade with the member I quoted below for cards that I wouldn't even be willing to trade in a bubble mailer. You say oh well the DC is on a bubble? I am saving $1 per PWE deal compared to a bubble mailer. Regardless if selling or buying. Mainly, I get rid of cards that I couldn't with $2 shipping or $1.64 whatever.

Thirdly, I have sold many cards in a PWE that I couldn't sell in a bubble mailer because the price was a lot smaller. That $1 saving for a buyer adds up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptrader View Post
penny sleeve, top loader, team bag...seal that in a pwe....tape the seams of the envelope...write non machinable on the front
.....cost= 65 cents and. It bypasses the sorting machine...do it all the time with no issues
Here is one of the members that just received a nice PWE deal from me. No issues.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #29 (permalink)

I can't believe that everyone that thinks this method of shipping is okay. What a bunch of cheapskates, amateur's, and don't want to protect themselves for just a lousy dollar or less.

Carry on kids.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I can't believe that everyone that thinks this method of shipping is okay. What a bunch of cheapskates, amateur's, and don't want to protect themselves for just a lousy dollar or less.

Carry on kids.
There are examples in this thread of people who have done hundreds of PWE deals each with little or no bad experiences, so your statement doesn't exactly hold water....
Old 12-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Carry on kids.
Well at least we will continue to do deals. Instead of responding to me like an adult, you act like an amateur and name call. You must be new to this hobby, actually I know you are. I can tell. Anyone who buys for a PC wants to buy as cheap as possible. I have a PC of a player where I won't buy an auto worth $3 total with shipping. I see his cards not sell for $.99 plus $2.99 shipping. Yet that same card will be FS for $.99 plus $1 shipping I buy it. Buyers have this mentality. If THEY (buyers) can save a $1 over 100 deals. That is $100! Same with selling. I have so many cards in front of me that aren't worth the price of shipping in a bubble mailer. So if I get $1 shipped for it and profit $.50 from it, awesome. If I make 10 sales a week doing this, that is $5 more a week. $20 a month, $260 a year. All by saving on shipping so buyers will be willing to purchase.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:

Carry on kids.
Uh oh...he broke out the "kids"...he must be mad serious! Dude, it's a baseball card message board. That means we are dealing with cardboard. It's not life or death.

Also, resulting to name calling is the last defense of someone with no valid argument.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #33 (permalink)

Exactly what statement have I made calling anyone names? Just calling a spade a spade.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:

Carry on kids.
Do you have any argument other than "you guys are wrong, I'm right,"? There is more than a large enough sample size to show that PWE is perfectly acceptable with a low-end deal, especially when jersey/patch cards aren't involved.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Exactly what statement have I made calling anyone names? Just calling a spade a spade.
You called people who ship in a PWE a cheapskate? I have posted legit reasons from both buyers and sellers and you can't respond to it because you know you have been proven that it isn't, so now you are trolling. Then you say, "carry on kids.' I mean come on, you are the kid in this thread, acting all upset because no one is on your side so you pout and start trolling.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

I've sold dollar cards, and even lost money due to shipping in a bubble envelope, toploader, sealed in a team bag with delivery confirmation. I never have ever sent anything PWE, and never will.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Do you have any argument other than "you guys are wrong, I'm right,"? There is more than a large enough sample size to show that PWE is perfectly acceptable with a low-end deal, especially when jersey/patch cards aren't involved.
100 deals with a PWE using jersey cards and a couple patches. No issues there either. Nonmachinable PWE is really not a bad thing. it is a cheaper method for everyone around to get rid of low-end stuff. We aren't talking about shipping high-end stuff in a PWE, that is crazy. But low-end deals, it saves everyone.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I've sold dollar cards, and even lost money due to shipping in a bubble envelope, toploader, sealed in a team bag with delivery confirmation. I never have ever sent anything PWE, and never will.
So, other than losing money because of your own stubbornness, do you have an argument as to why sending in a PWE is "wrong"? Especially since you've never done it.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So you cannot comment on it then. I mean you have never done it, you just assume it is bad, with no proof. Why did you even post in this thread when you have nothing to prove?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #40 (permalink)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^It's called delivery confirmation.

I can't believe all the kiddies getting so butt hurt over my position.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:

Ok, great. Good for you.

Notice I didn't call you a horrible business person for losing money on a low end deal.

KCCO!!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^It's called delivery confirmation.

I can't believe all the kiddies getting so butt hurt over my position.
There you go again, grow up. I know the UP is boring but grow up.

You are that worried that people will try and scam you over a few bucks? I mean most of my PWE sales are under $1.64 which is the way you ship. People wouldn't even pay $1.64 to buy things that I got rid of for $1 shipped.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
There you go again, grow up. I know the UP is boring but grow up.

You are that worried that people will try and scam you over a few bucks? I mean most of my PWE sales are under $1.64 which is the way you ship. People wouldn't even pay $1.64 to buy things that I got rid of for $1 shipped.
As an Ebay Powerseller/Highest Rated Seller, I've earned respect. So what have you done lately?
Old 12-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
As an Ebay Powerseller/Highest Rated Seller, I've earned respect. So what have you done lately?

I think you are missing the point. In this thread alone there have been close to a thousand instances of PWE shipping going off without a hitch. If you don't agree, then fine. The name calling and puffing out of your chest over your internet respect is pretty funny though.

KCCO!!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Blowout = eBay?
Old 12-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
Blowout = eBay?
And your point sir???????
Old 12-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Me too, and who cares? Man you are annoying. Look who thinks he has the biggest and best of everything! At least I don't get childish and make fun of people.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Me too, and who cares? Man you are annoying. Look who thinks he has the biggest and best of everything! At least I don't get childish and make fun of people.
I have received PWE's, all bad transactions.

I'm not getting all puffy here. You tell me to grow up, but I'm almost trice your age. And by the way, I have plenty to do here in the UP. And I'm retired!

PWE's are an unprofessional way to ship, do it right and spend the extra buck.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
And your point sir???????
That you have converted me to the ways of the bubble mailer.

Oh Lordy Lordy, I'll never ship in a PWE again!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I have received PWE's, all bad transactions.

I'm not getting all puffy here. You tell me to grow up, but I'm almost trice your age. And by the way, I have plenty to do here in the UP. And I'm retired!

PWE's are an unprofessional way to ship, do it right and spend the extra buck.
That is all I wanted to hear, your reasons. Took you long enough, although I don't believe all were. Unless all means 1 or 2.

Because you name to name call and puff your chest out. Hence why you need to grow up.

And who said PWE is unprofessional? You? Was unaware you also made the shipping rules in cards.