Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #76 (permalink)

Using the PWE shipping method is so unprofessional. Even if the two parties agree. What happens when the buyer receives a damaged PWE? The agreement takes a different path then, and both parties are unhappy. So why don't all the members here that avocate this practice take the variable out so the transaction is successful?
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #77 (permalink)

I continue to disagree that shipping on ebay for $2 makes sense in a bubble on low priced items. If you're talking $10-$20 card, sure, but to send a card out for $2 plus $2 shipping in a bubble isn't worth your time.

Shipping $1.64
Envelope & supplies $.15 (roughly)
Paypal fee $.38 (roughly)
Ebay Fee $.44
Cost of card ???

First of all, if the card is complete junk, nobody is paying $2 plus $2 shipping for it so please don't talk about dumping base commons. I'd sell my base commons for $1 plus $2 shipping and send them in bubbles.

You're looking at $2.61 (roughly) in fees with a whopping "profit" of $1.39. Yeah, worth my time. I guess because I have a well paying job, spending 20 minutes listing, shipping, etc for $1.39 makes no sense and others may disagree. If you can't get your fees back, you had better be selling high end items.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopster3977 View Post
Using the PWE shipping method is so unprofessional. Even if the two parties agree. What happens when the buyer receives a damaged PWE? The agreement takes a different path then, and both parties are unhappy. So why don't all the members here that avocate this practice take the variable out so the transaction is successful?
What happens when a bubble mailer deal gets damaged? Same thing. Buyer gets money back. There is no difference. Try again. Again. 3 damaged deals in bubbles, 0 in PWE.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
If you ship in PWE, you take on the risk in the transaction. When I send my $3 dlvd cards out in PWE, if a customer says it hasn't arrived and has waited an ample amount of time, I refund no questions asked.

If I send 10 items PWE for $3 each ($30 total) and 1 doesn't show. That's 10%, which is never going to happen. Like the other person said, I still have $27.
Compared to the same 10 items costing me $16.40. Now I have $13.60 from the same transaction.

Makes no sense at all.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Yet you LOSE money on deals. Lol at this statement.
I seldom lose money on my auctions. Even if an item gets one bid, I start my auctions @$.99, I still ship professionally with a bubble envelope, toploader inserted into a team bag, and make sure the envelope is 3/4" thick to conform to the shipping standards set by USPS. I have never had a customer get a postage due from the carrier.

Everyone's argument for PWE's just don't hold water.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
I seldom lose money on my auctions. Even if an item gets one bid, I start my auctions @$.99, I still ship professionally with a bubble envelope, toploader inserted into a team bag, and make sure the envelope is 3/4" thick to conform to the shipping standards set by USPS. I have never had a customer get a postage due from the carrier.

I wish I had time on my hands to work 10-20 minutes at a time for a "profit" of $.30-$.50. I think I need to quit my job...
Old 12-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:

Except for the complete lack of issue and cost-saving effectiveness.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you not understand the concept of lost sales? The low percentage of damaged PWEs - given that the seller knows how to package properly - is worth the extra money even with minimal instances of refunds, as most people are not going to buy a $0.50 card and pay for $2 shipping on top of that.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #84 (permalink)

I don't sell dollar cards, not my style. I can't help that sometimes items don't get bids, but I still honor the sale.

Wow, if $20-$30 in sales makes a big difference in your bottom line, you're in the wrong business.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #85 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Actually everyone's arguments has held water, you are just stuck in this whole world that you are right.

I never had a customer get postage due either. 99% of sellers don't, so why bring that up? You still aren't better than everyone.

Last edited by nuccionino; 12-15-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I don't sell dollar cards, not my style. I can't help that sometimes items don't get bids, but I still honor the sale.

Wow, if $20-$30 in sales makes a big difference in your bottom line, you're in the wrong business.
Have you EVER thought that people aren't doing it as a business? Has that crossed your mind? I sell because it is easier for me. But if I make $500 a month in sales and $40 of that was from sales that were ONLY completed because I ship in a PWE, than that $40 pays for food or gas for the month. Any extra money is good money.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #87 (permalink)

I never said I was better than anyone else, just more professional in my shipping practices. So what's your argument?
Old 12-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:

The idea of volume is lost on this guy
Old 12-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I never said I was better than anyone else, just more professional in my shipping practices. So what's your argument?
That right there is you saying you are better than everyone. You are more professional in your shipping practices is your own opinion. Again, as I said twice before, we both have high feedback, stars, etc on eBay with different shipping techniques. So both of us have been professional.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #90 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
The idea of volume is lost on this guy
The idea that he can be wrong once in a while is as well.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #91 (permalink)

This isn't a business for me to earn money, more of a hobby/sideline. My selling just finances my collection.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
This isn't a business for me to earn money, more of a hobby/sideline. My selling just finances my collection.
Same here, so why did you say we are in the wrong business?
Old 12-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #93 (permalink)

I'm going out for dinner in a bit, so the little click of members here can keep on debating/trashing me until I return later. Carry on boys.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Same here, so why did you say we are in the wrong business?
Oh he just said that because he doesn't know what he talking about. That's why.
Coolstavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #95 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm going out for dinner in a bit, so the little click of members here can keep on debating/trashing me until I return later. Carry on boys.
Trashing you? You mean give you facts. Debating? Only with you.

Last edited by nuccionino; 12-15-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:

Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Make sure they provide an insulated box with shipping popcorn to take your leftovers home in. Wouldn't want them getting damaged in a protection-less paper carton.

And for the record, I'm not a boy. I am a man. I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
Make sure they provide an insulated box with shipping popcorn to take your leftovers home in. Wouldn't want them getting damaged in a protection-less paper carton.

And for the record, I'm not a boy. I am a man. I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!
Everyone knows real men drive a Smart car.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #99 (permalink)

Why are you guys still arguing with him?
Save your time and energy and let this thread die.
Sushiyoshi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Another click? This forum seems to be full of them. So who the heck is part of the one you are talking about?
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote