Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #26 (permalink)

Pretty cool of Leaf to even take the time to talk to joe collector and post on message board.

Not hard to figure out with any business. Your big money spenders get perks. Could really care less what dealers get what products. With all people that hate Leaf, why does anybody care.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
As someone who's talked to BG on the phone a few times, IMO, that doesn't sound like him at all. He wasn't at all hard to talk to, didn't have any sense of self-entitlement, and was open to any and all opinions I had to offer.

I can't speak to the distribution of his products, as that wasn't a topic we discussed.
I'm shocked u feel this way. Or should I say "represent" you feel this way.

lmfao
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
I'm shocked u feel this way. Or should I say "represent" you feel this way.

lmfao
Guess I struck a nerve - I actually presented a different viewpoint than yours.

I represent no card company, I have no favorite company, and your comments are silly.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Pretty cool of Leaf to even take the time to talk to joe collector and post on message board.

Not hard to figure out with any business. Your big money spenders get perks. Could really care less what dealers get what products. With all people that hate Leaf, why does anybody care.
I agree. I actually stated I was thankful he called me.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:

I represent no card company, I have no favorite company, and your comments are silly.
We all know what's really going on here. But please continue the charade! It's well... silly.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
We all know what's really going on here. But please continue the charade! It's well... silly.
The only charade going on here is in your head.

I have no problem giving advice to Leaf, Topps, Panini or anyone else.

More competition is a good thing - it forces them to step things up amongst themselves, and we get to benefit from it all.

But by all means, just for you, I will gladly resign as a Bowman Scout and quit posting my viewpoints, as they clearly are offensive to you.

My job is done here.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #32 (permalink)

I read the "cliffsNotes" version, and I still don't understand why people are upset - is someone getting cut out of the action on this?

Besides, it doesn't seem like anyone likes the cards anyway... so why be upset about how they are distributed?

I have no opinion or horse to ride in this race - just trying to educate myself. I am appreciative of any help.

I'm also curious about JP's "charade" that ML alluded to... a little transparency, please?
ScooterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterD View Post
I read the "cliffsNotes" version, and I still don't understand why people are upset - is someone getting cut out of the action on this?

Besides, it doesn't seem like anyone likes the cards anyway... so why be upset about how they are distributed?

I have no opinion or horse to ride in this race - just trying to educate myself. I am appreciative of any help.

I'm also curious about JP's "charade" that ML alluded to... a little transparency, please?
+1. Not sure what the big deal is. Per Brentandbecca twitter feed, sounds like a lot of dealers had a chance at this product and passed on it.

I'm missing the charade part of things. I recall that Jaypers buys a lot of Leaf prospect products, but I have never seen him try and shill for the company. He seems as straightforward a member as any on this forum.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #34 (permalink)

From another site

"Greetings all.... I will post a single response to this thread taking the very wise advise of a number of fellow members who always advise to avoid confrontation and just say what you have to say..

1> standard direct accounts (stores, small internet dealers and show dealers) were permitted to order one case. That is it.

2> select internet retailers who support the full line of leaf products in a meaningful way were permitted to buy a SMALL AMOUNT MORE... The rumor and speculation quantities are merely that...

3> WE MADE 155 10-BOX CASES. THAT IS IT. Regardless if you agree with our distribution method, the quantity is factual. 155 cases is 155 cases no matter what.

4> Leaf NEVER stated that every single account was given 1 case. Based on the confusion/assumptions of a small handful of direct accounts, I will be happy to reword future order forms with YOUR MAXIMUM ORDER IS X.

5> We made this product for retailers of all sorts to have an opportunity to have an item that was NOT controlled by distributors. The response to this confusion makes me question if RETAILER only items are a good idea, as we have never had this sort of manufactured issue with distributor only products.

Lastly, I has seen several people refer to me as being cocky or arrogant. Most who have spoken to me in person know that I am confident and friendly as well. I know some of you do not buy our products for various reasons not related to that specific product. I understand and am sorry that is the case. The other manufacturers are probably fortunate you do not hold them to the same standard as no one would ever buy cards again.

Regardless, my job as a collector and manufacturer is to make the best most desirable product possible. I am undeterred in this quest regardless of how loudly my opponents yell otherwise.
I do hope in time that the products are able to do all the talking and I am not forced to come to the "defense" of claims that may not be factual.

All I can do is come here and provide great service and answers (even in the face of the firing squad)... Hopefully, I can win over those who have yet to give us a chance.. Well work hard to win you over one collector at a time.

Thanks to those who have supported Leaf Memories. It was a blast (and challenge) to build, but we are already getting cards for the future and couldnt be more excited at the prospect of eventually having most cards in the set signed as buybacks!
Have a great holiday... further questions can be directed to me by phone at 214-519-1078 or email at brian@leaftradingcards.com....

Brian"
strider_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Being a douche bag on the internet is fun.
frzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

and this is why I dont buy leaf.......
superjames27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Surprise surprise whiny bitches are going to whine.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzg View Post
Being a douche bag on the internet is fun.
And he is soooo good at it.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
And he is soooo good at it.
I just don't get how people can go out of their way to be a dick online... on a SPORTS CARD message board. If he was a 12 year old, that'd be one thing. You're an adult, act like one. I'm sure you're not a whiney douche in person, so don't be one online.
frzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzg View Post
I'm sure you're not a whiney douche in person, so don't be one online.
he could very well be... the influence of terrible members since 2011 have increased ten-fold..
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #41 (permalink)

For those questioning why some are upset, this is the solicitation email that was sent out. Read it for yourselves and you tell me if we were wrong to believe this product wasn't going to end up in anyone's hands in bulk.

Greetings... here it is... the final release coming out in 2012...
2012 Leaf Memories Baseball
This salute to 1990 Leaf (one of the most popular sets of all-time) will be among the most highly coveted Leaf releases to date.
Including both buyback and original content, this release will excite both the old school collector who loved 1990 Leaf, as well as the newer collector in search of true rarity...
155 10-box Numbered Cases produced
This is ONLY available to direct accounts (not available to distributors)!!!!!
Each Box contains:
10 Base Cards (combination of buybacks #/20,/5,/1 and Leafs "cards that never were" #/99 and 1/1 plates)
2 Autograph Cards (combination buybacks #/ player's Jersey number and original "cards that never were" #/25 and 1/1 plates)
This product will begin shipping LATE THIS WEEK!... We expect sellout within 24 hours and we will ship immediately...
*** On this release, direct accounts placing orders agree NOT to offer this product on Dealernetb2b or ebay below Factory cost (includes auction format closing below cost)within the 1st 60 days.. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in immediate termination of account.
Factory Cost $XXX/10 box case.... LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER NO EXCEPTIONS
(We will begin confirming orders at 1 PM in an effort to allow customers supporting all of our products first opportunity to order)

http://bigbreaksportscards.com
http://twitter.com/BigBreakCards
http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Break-Sports-Cards
BCA-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
he could very well be... the influence of terrible members since 2011 have increased ten-fold..
Should we stone him???
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA-Jim View Post
For those questioning why some are upset, this is the solicitation email that was sent out. Read it for yourselves and you tell me if we were wrong to believe this product wasn't going to end up in anyone's hands in bulk.

Greetings... here it is... the final release coming out in 2012...
2012 Leaf Memories Baseball
This salute to 1990 Leaf (one of the most popular sets of all-time) will be among the most highly coveted Leaf releases to date.
Including both buyback and original content, this release will excite both the old school collector who loved 1990 Leaf, as well as the newer collector in search of true rarity...
155 10-box Numbered Cases produced
This is ONLY available to direct accounts (not available to distributors)!!!!!
Each Box contains:
10 Base Cards (combination of buybacks #/20,/5,/1 and Leafs "cards that never were" #/99 and 1/1 plates)
2 Autograph Cards (combination buybacks #/ player's Jersey number and original "cards that never were" #/25 and 1/1 plates)
This product will begin shipping LATE THIS WEEK!... We expect sellout within 24 hours and we will ship immediately...
*** On this release, direct accounts placing orders agree NOT to offer this product on Dealernetb2b or ebay below Factory cost (includes auction format closing below cost)within the 1st 60 days.. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in immediate termination of account.
Factory Cost $XXX/10 box case.... LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER NO EXCEPTIONS
(We will begin confirming orders at 1 PM in an effort to allow customers supporting all of our products first opportunity to order)
It's pretty obvious now, that it is misleading. Brian will just talk out of the other side of his mouth to explain this. Obviously I could care less who gets what cases, but if I were a breaker or direct account, I could see why they would be pissed off.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:08 AM   #44 (permalink)

I'm now being told that its awfully presumptuous of me to think I'd be considered on the level with an online retailer. (This was by the owner of a different forum, not BG). C'mon, give me a break. This is 155 cases we're talking about. This isn't 5,000 cases of Bowman Chrome, this is 155 cases. If you get that email above and see 155 cases, you aren't thinking that anyone is getting bulk.

http://bigbreaksportscards.com
http://twitter.com/BigBreakCards
http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Break-Sports-Cards
BCA-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA-Jim View Post
I'm now being told that its awfully presumptuous of me to think I'd be considered on the level with an online retailer. (This was by the owner of a different forum, not BG). C'mon, give me a break. This is 155 cases we're talking about. This isn't 5,000 cases of Bowman Chrome, this is 155 cases. If you get that email above and see 155 cases, you aren't thinking that anyone is getting bulk.
Agreed and you can guarantee that some of those people got more than 20 cases(I wouldn't doubt that's lowballing it) and are still selling them.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:

But you sure do come here to defend this one company the majority of the time, shall we pull up the posts in your history?
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #47 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
But you sure do come here to defend this one company the majority of the time, shall we pull up the posts in your history?
As long as the posts include this thread.

Bowman Scouts Selected

It makes perfect sense - all I ever do here is defend him and his company, then enter and win this contest, which allows me to have direct input as to which players will be included in future Topps products.

Can't wait to read your spin on this.

There's absolutely no medium with people like you - you're either a hater or a sheep.

(And for the record, I think Brian's statements about Leaf Memories' distribution are definitely conflicting.)

Last edited by Jaypers; 12-16-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #48 (permalink)

I wonder how many sealed cases are left of this product?
I would think at least half the run has now been opened.
So I'm not sure how anyone could have much qty left in inventory.
BOOMER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #49 (permalink)

To his credit (if this makes sense), I doubt Jaypers has been bought out or anything for his undying support. I believe that will be the case with Topps though because just like the Five Star Club I am sure part of the deal was that he can say nothing negative about them from now on.

Back to Leaf though, for anyone who has been around for awhile, you all probably know that Jaypers has support for anyone who gives him attention. BG (Leaf) is very vocal on the boards, and I think Leaf and Jaypers have made a love connection. Jaypers has made some suggestions in the past and has been listened to by BG. I guess it would be kind of like a ballplayer with a bad attitude taking the time to sign an autograph and be personable to one person. Use Bonds as an example. The entire world knows that he is a prick and only cares about himself. Every now and then though, you find someone who had a good experience with him and will constantly support him because of their personal interaction even though it may be the exception, and not the rule.

It basically boils down to this the way I see it:

1) Jaypers loves to do in-depth research and post analysis on prospects.
2) This information makes a lot of people look up to and respect his opinions.
3) BG sees this and knows getting favorable comments from Jaypers can only be good.
4) BG treats Jaypers super nice and may or may not give him any perks. I doubt he gets any, but others seem to think so.
5) Jaypers enjoys the attention and super nice treatment from BG and likes others to know he has an "in" with the company.
6) Leaf/Razor (depending on the time frame discussed) gets nothing but love from Jaypers because he has been very impressed with them as a whole.
7) BG sits back and smiles because his plan has worked, and his pawn is doing what he wanted him to do....Mad props to BG and Leaf/Razor.

Sorry for the long post. I am bored and felt like sharing my opinion. And for the record, this opinion is shared by lots of others because I have been specifically told so by multiple people.

I do not see anything wrong with anything said above. BG is just being a smart and getting free positive publicity. Jaypers seems to be happy being used in this manner (unless he doesn't see it) so others should not have a problem with it either.

Or, it is very possible that I am completely wrong even though the above is what is perceived by many.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #50 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Excuse my ignorance on this, but I am missing something. Are the people complaining about multiple cases going to certain people missing out on cases because of this?

I have no idea what it takes to have a direct account.