Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #51 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

The last sentence of your post is accurate. As for the rest.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
To his credit (if this makes sense), I doubt Jaypers has been bought out or anything for his undying support. I believe that will be the case with Topps though because just like the Five Star Club I am sure part of the deal was that he can say nothing negative about them from now on.
Incorrect. I don't throw my undying support behind any company, and I have no problem speaking my mind about any of Topps' products, be it positive or negative. I'm not a Topps employee. I was not hired by them. They consider my opinions (along with the other two winners).

Quote:
Back to Leaf though, for anyone who has been around for awhile, you all probably know that Jaypers has support for anyone who gives him attention.
Again, incorrect. Should I support tonedef because he gave me attention above? I support products (not companies) that have a good premise, sell well and have a good reputation behind them.

Quote:
BG (Leaf) is very vocal on the boards, and I think Leaf and Jaypers have made a love connection.
I realize you're using hyperbole, but I have supplied my input on only a small number of his products since he went into business. The rest, I am not interested in. Hardly love, or else I'd be talking to him about a great deal more of them.

As for the remainder of your post, he doesn't treat me any better than anyone else, I have absolutely no 'in' with his company, I get no special perks from him, I am no one's pawn and I do not get 'used' by him or anyone else. I haven't even spoken to him over the phone for months now.

You and the 'multiple people' you refer to can continue to believe whatever you wish, but what I just typed is fact. You can either believe it or don't.

And as I'm not interested in making this thread about me, I won't be posting further in it. Carry on.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited by Jaypers; 12-16-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post

Again, incorrect. Should I support tonedef because he gave me attention above? I support products that have a good premise, sell well and have a good reputation behind them.
If this is true, for the life of me I don't know how you can support a company that doesn't have enough employees for quality control that they can misspell the name of the #1 card in their set (Leaf Draft Football) and then correct it in time for a "hot error."

A company that's product sucks so bad, they have to put other company's products in their boxes to sell them.

Seriously, I haven't gotten involved in this until I saw your post and nearly threw up laughing! Good reputation behind Leaf??? LOL!
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
I'm not a Topps employee.

I get no special perks from him, I am no one's pawn and I do not get 'used' by him or anyone else.

With all due respect, the Bowman Scout title makes you one or the other. They either hired you for your help and opinion, or they will be using you for your help and opinion. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that, but you are indeed one or the other.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #54 (permalink)

Why this post has turned into an attach on JP is beyond me. If you're attacking him, it is truly misplaced.

http://bigbreaksportscards.com
http://twitter.com/BigBreakCards
http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Break-Sports-Cards
BCA-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #55 (permalink)

As a collector, I couldn't care who got the product and how much they got..

I just want to be able to grab a box or two whether online or from my LCS..

I have bought a bunch of BG's products over the years, and anytime I have issues with the cards/BGS Encasing cracking/etc.. he always takes care of me..

I know he takes care of the little guy, whereas I have received nothing from Topps, UD, Panini..

Maybe that's why I keep buying his products..
pinbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
Excuse my ignorance on this, but I am missing something. Are the people complaining about multiple cases going to certain people missing out on cases because of this?

I have no idea what it takes to have a direct account.

This is the key to this. What if they didn't sell out and they unloaded this wax? 155 cases is a real low print run, it would be embarrassing if it did not sell out.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
To his credit (if this makes sense), I doubt Jaypers has been bought out or anything for his undying support. I believe that will be the case with Topps though because just like the Five Star Club I am sure part of the deal was that he can say nothing negative about them from now on.

Back to Leaf though, for anyone who has been around for awhile, you all probably know that Jaypers has support for anyone who gives him attention. BG (Leaf) is very vocal on the boards, and I think Leaf and Jaypers have made a love connection. Jaypers has made some suggestions in the past and has been listened to by BG. I guess it would be kind of like a ballplayer with a bad attitude taking the time to sign an autograph and be personable to one person. Use Bonds as an example. The entire world knows that he is a prick and only cares about himself. Every now and then though, you find someone who had a good experience with him and will constantly support him because of their personal interaction even though it may be the exception, and not the rule.

It basically boils down to this the way I see it:

1) Jaypers loves to do in-depth research and post analysis on prospects.
2) This information makes a lot of people look up to and respect his opinions.
3) BG sees this and knows getting favorable comments from Jaypers can only be good.
4) BG treats Jaypers super nice and may or may not give him any perks. I doubt he gets any, but others seem to think so.
5) Jaypers enjoys the attention and super nice treatment from BG and likes others to know he has an "in" with the company.
6) Leaf/Razor (depending on the time frame discussed) gets nothing but love from Jaypers because he has been very impressed with them as a whole.
7) BG sits back and smiles because his plan has worked, and his pawn is doing what he wanted him to do....Mad props to BG and Leaf/Razor.

Sorry for the long post. I am bored and felt like sharing my opinion. And for the record, this opinion is shared by lots of others because I have been specifically told so by multiple people.

I do not see anything wrong with anything said above. BG is just being a smart and getting free positive publicity. Jaypers seems to be happy being used in this manner (unless he doesn't see it) so others should not have a problem with it either.

Or, it is very possible that I am completely wrong even though the above is what is perceived by many.
My vote is that you are completely wrong
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA-Jim View Post
Why this post has turned into an attach on JP is beyond me. If you're attacking him, it is truly misplaced.
Jealousy.

bobbo
Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #59 (permalink)

Naive-

adjective
having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous.
having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous: She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has a very naive attitude toward politics.
having or marked by a simple, unaffectedly direct style reflecting little or no formal training or technique: valuable naive 19th-century American portrait paintings.
not having previously been the subject of a scientific experiment, as an animal.

Last edited by Major_League; 12-17-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote