Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay Seller Protection Question

An item I shipped show delivery but the buyer says it hasn't arrived and started a case.

I have never had this happen before. The whole transaction is $4.94 so it's no big deal financially, but I'm not sure what happens next.

Does ebay seller protection protect me? Do I escalate the case? Am I supposed to just refund him?

All help would be appreciated.

thanks
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Don't refund. Just provide the tracking number into the case and just say that it was sent to his verified address and shows delivered. After putting that you can escalate the case. eBay WILL side I'm favor of the buyer and issue them a refund, but under the seller protection they will not take the money from your account. Basically eBay will refund them from their own pocket.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards

This happened to me b4. All I had to pay was the seller fees. So you might be out maybe a few cents overall. Make sure you put him on your banned list so he can't do this again to you.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKards View Post
This happened to me b4. All I had to pay was the seller fees. So you might be out maybe a few cents overall. Make sure you put him on your banned list so he can't do this again to you.
I usually do this too. Even if the person is telling the truth, I usually block just in case. Only happen 2-3 times, but I feel better blocking them.

Check out my group breaks!
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Happening to me right now (as buyer). I can assure you that you are covered by Ebay and Paypal. As a sender I am happy that they do this to stop scammers. Unfortunately for me I am getting screwed on a sizable purchase. Somewhere along the line someone signed the signature confirmation on my cards and they never got to me. I even got the proof of signature card and filed a case with the Postal Inspector proving that it isn't my signature or even close. Paypal and Ebay have told me to pack sand. Other than a confirmation number of my case I haven't heard a peep from the Postal Inspector and it has been six weeks. Long story short, you're good.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote