Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Finally Requested Topps Replacement

I guess I will see how this goes for me... I have went back and read the horror stories and successes from others on here.

I have been waiting at least 6 months for a 2012 Museum Collection Momentous Material Jumbo Relic Autograph of Ian Kinsler. This is one of the sweet jumbo patch auto's #/10. I called today about Bowman Draft issues and finally asked for a replacement after being told there are still no updates on the card.

Has anyone else replaced one of these patches and how did it go? I know there were quite a few redemptions among the set.

Thanks

-------------

Almost 2 months later the replacement finally showed... well the swift kick to the mid section showed.

Rick Porcello Triple Threads Auto/Jersey #/10... Last one sold for $7 in auction and the patch on the one I got isn't even as nice.

Just beyond frustrating, had multiple offers of $80-100 when the Kinsler card came out. Will be sending it back to Topps with a letter.

-------------

I guess the first slap in the face wasn't bad enough... Here was the 2nd replacement they sent me.

-------------

March 4th... Finally received something comparable, I will add scans tonight...

Brian McCann 2012 Museum Collection Momentous Material Jumbo Relic Autograph #/10

and a Chris Sale Topps Marquee Titantic Threads Auto Jersey #/10

Pathetic it took 3 tries, $10 in postage, and 2 and 1/2 months, but glad that is my last and final Topps Redemption card, will never make that mistake again.

Last edited by allstarauction; 03-04-2013 at 01:42 PM.
allstarauction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

So it has been almost a month and no replacement. I was told I would have something in 2-3 weeks.

Called this morning and they were not able to find my request in the system (AKA, they never put it through). So I can expect to have a replacement in 2-3 more weeks... So a big thanks to Julianne for allowing me to waste 30 minutes of my time (on hold) and then not even processing the request.

Also asked about the Bowman's Best replacements for Draft and they keep saying nothing has been decided.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

I just can't seem to request a replacement I've been waiting on 4 Verlander redemptions most notably 2012 Topps Finest Justin Verlander Game Changers Auto Relic #/5 I sent it in like 4-5 months ago Topps has sent me 2 emails about replacements but I have not responded to either I really would like this card I check the status a few times a week but it always says pending.... I would probably stop collecting if I got a replacement that wasn't on par with this card
Michigan300rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Topps is pretty good at greasing over squeaky wheels when it comes to social media. You might want to try Twitter or some other outlet (facebook?). Topps seems to cringe when people start complaining too loudly and should answer you pretty quickly. Hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

This is one of the reasons I have this screen name
Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarauction View Post
So it has been almost a month and no replacement. I was told I would have something in 2-3 weeks.

Called this morning and they were not able to find my request in the system (AKA, they never put it through). So I can expect to have a replacement in 2-3 more weeks... So a big thanks to Julianne for allowing me to waste 30 minutes of my time (on hold) and then not even processing the request.

Also asked about the Bowman's Best replacements for Draft and they keep saying nothing has been decided.
I called in a couple of replacements a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing. Called back today and found out they were never put through (yay Topps). Put them through again and added my Rendon Platinum and Platinum Gold. Was very leery of doing this as Rendon is rising but I hate Platinum so hoping they send me Rendon Chromes. I guess we'll see. Also still waiting on missing hits from months ago.

Last edited by jmscoggin; 01-16-2013 at 04:39 PM.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well Tuesday will be 3 weeks, still nothing... so frustrating.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hang in there buddy.

Not sure about Topps but in 2008 I pulled a redemption for a 2008 SPX rookie signatures Max Scherzer and this was while I was in college. 4 years later in the begining of 2012 or somewhere around that time I recieved it back home with a 2009 UD Goodwin Auto Alex Hinshaw as a bonus.

Kinda made me laugh but it sort of got my interest back into collecting and I found this board through eBay and have been lurking ever since. Your post compelled me to share my story.

Anyways, good luck on your redemption!
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Almost 2 months later the replacement finally showed... well the swift kick to the mid section showed.

Rick Porcello Triple Threads Auto/Jersey #/10... Last one sold for $7 in auction and the patch on the one I got isn't even as nice.

Just beyond frustrating, had multiple offers of $80-100 when the Kinsler card came out. Will be sending it back to Topps with a letter.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Ouch, terrible replacement.
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hey, I had the same card of Matt Cain replaced w/ Yovanni Gallardo Triple Threads jersey auto/9...
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
Hey, I had the same card of Matt Cain replaced w/ Yovanni Gallardo Triple Threads jersey auto/9...
that's even WORSE!
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #13 (permalink)

I guess the first slap in the face wasn't bad enough... Here was the 2nd replacement they sent me.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

See if you can get Kinsler again. Topps tweeted out last week that he had signed all of his cards. They tend to get them done during spring training. Sorry about your luck though. I'm still waiting on 2011 Topps Finest Mike Moustakas Redemptions. I'd rather wait than chance it with their crappy CS.

Here is their tweet from Feb 13

Quote:
Topps Company ‏@toppscards

Happy to report Ian Kinsler has signed his outstanding @toppscards thank you for patience,! pic.twitter.com/YqeBt3SW

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #15 (permalink)

Good lord they think Jeremy Jeffress is an equal replacement for Ian Kinsler! I'm worried now that my Matt Kemp/Andre Ethier dual auto will be replaced with a Matt Laporta/Ryan Garko!
MadHandle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Wow...that's a slap to the face, followed with a back hand, and a kick to the groin.
LINK FOR THAT IS TO THE LEFT and UNDER MY AVATAR
TakaTanakaGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakaTanakaGiant View Post
Wow...that's a slap to the face, followed with a back hand, and a kick to the groin.
FINISH HIM!
MadHandle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

Hey, at least your getting cards. I've been waiting on two dozen redemptions that have been LIVE since December 10th.

Topps is telling me they just flat out refuse to ship. Was unaware they could just decide not to ship me the cards I've redeemed; not sure how to proceed.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

I really don't see Topps giving you anything more than what they already gave you, but I hope you get what u want.
Lastminute73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

As a Royals fan it doesnt get much worse than that.
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Disgusting. That is the reason I sell every single redemption I pull.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Hey, at least your getting cards. I've been waiting on two dozen redemptions that have been LIVE since December 10th.

Topps is telling me they just flat out refuse to ship. Was unaware they could just decide not to ship me the cards I've redeemed; not sure how to proceed.
Seriously? They give you no other reason than they don't want to ship your cards? That is messed up. Why did they pick you?
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Seriously? They give you no other reason than they don't want to ship your cards? That is messed up. Why did they pick you?
I've been told due to the number of redemptions I have, I'm causing quality control issues for Topps (IE they don't have them). Unless I agree to stop inputting redemptions (and I do so for x period of time) Topps refuses the right to send me my redemptions for up to 4 months from my first request to ship them.

Specifically, I'm waiting on Middlebrooks and Bauer Bowman Chrome RC autos from 12 (and I doubt my Light and Shaffer redemptions will ship anytime soon).
Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarauction View Post

Maybe the THC that seeped into the uniform after Jeffress sweated in it is what Topps is considering as part of the value. Pull the relic out, roll it up and smoke it. May make up for the lost value.
mjbuchanan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuchanan80 View Post
Maybe the THC that seeped into the uniform after Jeffress sweated in it is what Topps is considering as part of the value. Pull the relic out, roll it up and smoke it. May make up for the lost value.
I lol'd....