Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards

If he becomes a flop, it might go down to maybe a few hundred dollars. I'd say get it graded and then sell to the highest bidder on eBay. You might double or triple your money if you hold onto it till spring training.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #27 (permalink)

The value of a 2nd year superfractor rarely ever goes up
Old 12-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #28 (permalink)

I would keep it.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
The value of a 2nd year superfractor rarely ever goes up
Too bad it's his 4th year in cards lol
Old 12-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Gonna have it looked at tomorrow, if he thinks it will get a 9.5 or 10 ill send it out,
Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Too bad it's his 4th year in cards lol
Right...True dat!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #32 (permalink)

Ok, if he wins MVP next year ( not saying he can or will). What's this card worth?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
You have nothing to lose keep it. You don't have anything in it so you're risking nothing.
Yes he is. If you own a house and can rent out a storefront downstairs and instead choose to open up a store yourself, do you say your holding place of the storefront is free? You're passing on rent money.

Just like here, the alternative isn't risk and make, or risk and or stay where you're at because it wasn't your gambling money. He has an opportunity at 2K, so any choice should be compared with that option, not against nothing.
Current Non-Sports FS Thread including Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and more! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/786317-updated-fs-thread-sons-anarchy-walking-dead-game-thrones-breaking-bad-etc.html
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #34 (permalink)

If someone wanted to give me 2k for a card I had, of a kid that has not been in the league for very long, I would sell it and sell it fast.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
If someone wanted to give me 2k for a card I had, of a kid that has not been in the league for very long, I would sell it and sell it fast.
+1......Did you expect to get a card like this ?......Sell it and buy the new
prospects.....
scorpion1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1157 View Post
+1......Did you expect to get a card like this ?......Sell it and buy the new
prospects.....

Of course I did not expect it. But, if this is a $2000 card today lets say, my downside is $2000. Is the upside for this card more than that? If he has a meteoric season next year does this card have $4k,$5k,$6 potential.

That's what I'd like to hear opinions on.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
Of course I did not expect it. But, if this is a $2000 card today lets say, my downside is $2000. Is the upside for this card more than that? If he has a meteoric season next year does this card have $4k,$5k,$6 potential.

Personally, if it was auto-ed, I'd say its got big potential, but I would sell, it is a RC super, but it isnt autographed. If you actually have an offer north of 1500, I would take that, definitely.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #38 (permalink)

Take 2000

You could break 1000 more boxes and never pull a card that would sell for 1000...

He will be great but 2000 is a ton for a card..

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #39 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I hope you are steering me in the right direction.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

That isn't his true "first card" to begin with so value won't increase too much. It's not even autographed. If he won the MVP next year (which most likely won't happen) I don't see that card increasing more than $500 max. He is already at the moment way over-hyped and his popularity can't increase all too much more.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
That isn't his true "first card" to begin with so value won't increase too much. It's not even autographed. If he won the MVP next year (which most likely won't happen) I don't see that card increasing more than $500 max. He is already at the moment way over-hyped and his popularity can't increase all too much more.
Is this a fact or are you just blowing smoke up people's a$$es again?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #42 (permalink)

Three points:

1) Has nothing to do with how much is invested. Could be a case, could be one pack, could have found the card on the ground, and ultimately, the question is: How much will this card be worth at peak.
2) Financial situation plays a key role. You said you don't "need the money now." So that means you can strictly base this on a current-vs.-potential argument.
3) That being said, I think you're overlooking the fact that this is his, what, 12th? 13th? 14th? Superfractor on the market, and not autographed, to boot. If this were a rookie card, or could even be argued as such, there's a discussion to be had. But this kid has cards from 2009, 2010, 2011 and now 2012. Soon - very soon - to be 2013. That's a whole lot of product with him in it.
Ultimately, it would take a whole lot for that card to double in value. If you're content with $3K, put it on eBay for $4K, with a minimum of $2500 and just leave it up, month after month.

One thing is for sure: Heck of a pull. Congrats.
Broncoboys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #43 (permalink)

The 2012 bowman Harper super #BCP10 originally sold for $3300 and change. It was then resold for $4300 and change. Just saying...
californiakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Is this a fact or are you just blowing smoke up people's a$$es again?
OK, you got me! The truth is, that card could be worth over $10,000 if he does well next year
Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiakron View Post
The 2012 bowman Harper super #BCP10 originally sold for $3300 and change. It was then resold for $4300 and change. Just saying...

$3300 ungraded $4300 graded....I think
Old 12-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
$3300 ungraded $4300 graded....I think
correct which is why i would not accept an offer at $2000... not to be greedy but be patient unless you need the cash now
Old 12-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #47 (permalink)

Back in 2010 when Bowman Sterling FB came out I hit the Sam Bradford auto superfractor. At that time Bradford was really hot and his stuff was fetching a premium. I immediately sold it for a rather large sum (I won't be specific, but I will say it was at least double your top offer). 2-3 months later, someone else hit the Sam Bradford auto jersey superfractor from the same product Bowman Sterling (basically the same card as mine, just their's had a jersey piece and mine did not) and they struggled to get offers even 1/4 what I got for mine). Why did this happen, different product had come out, more superfractors were available from other product, the one big buyer already purchased mine, or any other reasons. My question to you is, what do you think the value of your card will be if someone pulls the auto'd version and it sells for $2,000 or right around there? You will be very hard pressed to get close to $2,000 in my opinion. With more and more superfractors of him coming out, I believe you will be really limited on the upside, with much more risk on the downside.

$2,000 for a piece of cardboard is a ridiculous price and I think you are crazy for passing it up, even if you do not need the money. Bryce Harpermania is already crazy and no matter how great of a season he has, I just don't see the hype getting much more than it already is.

Last edited by jasoncardmonger; 12-22-2012 at 01:22 AM.
jasoncardmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncardmonger View Post
Bryce Harpermania is already crazy and no matter how great of a season he has, I just don't see the hype getting much more than it already is.
If the Nats get to the World Series the current hype will look like batting practice in the rain.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
If the Nats get to the World Series the current hype will look like batting practice in the rain.
That's a hypothetical situation. The factual situation is that with every Topps/Bowman superfractor, 1/1 or otherwise rare card that is produced from this point foward, it further washes out the value of this card in question.
The way I look at mid to long term holding, is that you could wait a year and cross your fingers that this sure fire $2,000 turns into $4,000 or you could cash out now and put that money to work.
This card won't shoot up in value out of the blue. something has to happen. He either needs to go to the WS or go on a sizeable hitting tear or win a very major award. Either way, you're looking at about 8 months of holding, minimum, under the absolute best case scenario.
On the flipside, If you're confident in your flipping skills, you could turn that $2000 into way more than $4000 in the same 8 month time frame, without waking up every morning hoping Bryce doesn't turn an ankle rounding first.

Take the money.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #50 (permalink)

I wouldn't sell it for less than $3000 right now.

Spring training $4000.

Anything after that the card would likely increase (playoffs, AS's, WS's, on a good team)

$$$ is not an issue...they will pay.

1-Nat's have a growing fan base.
2-Harper commercials will be plentiful increasing his popularity.
3-A BC product with the RC logo on it.

You're in the driver's seat on this one.

If you are asking what to do that usually means you need your arm twisted, so don't do it.

I wouldn't get it graded either unless you were keeping it and wanted a nice display/ extra protection. It's a 1/1 and from what a potential buyer can see is in legit condition adding attractiveness of a possible pristine. Let the buyer get it graded.

Worse case scenario, take the 2K in 3 months.