Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #26 (permalink)

What about Starchild in Gahanna? Is he still around? I've had good luck in the past digging through boxes of "commons" and pulling out some decent stuff. He usually checks beckett for pricing, but can still get some deals. Last I was in there was about two years ago though.
mr10pin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
I've been there twice, the first time was bad, the second time he had a few different bowman products to choose from, i ended up doing a 2010 bc for like $55 which I thought was good, he also said he was getting ready to move across the way into a bigger place, so it seemed like things were going in the right direction
I am from Tiffin and frequent the shop (Line Drive Sports Cards) quite often. If you are looking for wax from him, you can either put an order in or get there on Thursday afternoons as he only receives stock once a week unless there are special "sold" orders for customers. Dan is about the most reasonable guy to deal with. Especially if buying numerous boxes at once. Gives a decent price break. Never did hear the news he was moving into a larger shop. Haven't been there in quite some time either.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoreTheRoar View Post
There is a guy that I would buy from whenever we had "shows" here who had really good prices on wax (he would match online prices). Pretty sure his business card said Cardboard Dreams and I think he was up in Akron. A bit of a hike but worth it if you are looking to buy in bulk.
We were going to move to C-bus and he said he did shows down there. Unfortunitly he sold his shop and is out of the card racket.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

This might help:

baseball cards columbus ohio - Google Maps
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #30 (permalink)

Just once, wasn't impressed with the baseball selection.
GoTribe!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
I am from Tiffin and frequent the shop (Line Drive Sports Cards) quite often. If you are looking for wax from him, you can either put an order in or get there on Thursday afternoons as he only receives stock once a week unless there are special "sold" orders for customers. Dan is about the most reasonable guy to deal with. Especially if buying numerous boxes at once. Gives a decent price break. Never did hear the news he was moving into a larger shop. Haven't been there in quite some time either.
Dan is very reasonable...unfortunately Tiffin isn't big enough to support a larger shop. If so, I'm sure he would adjust his size accordingly.
mr10pin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr10pin View Post
Dan is very reasonable...unfortunately Tiffin isn't big enough to support a larger shop. If so, I'm sure he would adjust his size accordingly.
went to college/lived in tiffin for 4 years and never knew there was a shop there...bummer.
st0lenbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0lenbase View Post
went to college/lived in tiffin for 4 years and never knew there was a shop there...bummer.
It is extremely small.

PC: Jemile Weeks
Sqeeshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0lenbase View Post
If you walked the sidewalk downtown from Clover Club to Duck Inn, you woulda passed it every time. Its in the same building as the bake shop.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #35 (permalink)

I went to Mark's tonight in Grove City. Great guy, prices were pretty reasonable. Picked up a pack of Bowman Sterling hit a Billy Hamilton auto! I appreciate the feedback, been here a dozen times and had no clue the dude was four miles from here haha..
Cincyfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
If you walked the sidewalk downtown from Clover Club to Duck Inn, you woulda passed it every time. Its in the same building as the bake shop.
I got married at pioneer mill in september and was in a couple days beforehand, he said he was moving into the obama campaign headquarters that was on that same block, after the election was over
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
I got married at pioneer mill in september and was in a couple days beforehand, he said he was moving into the obama campaign headquarters that was on that same block, after the election was over

I am trying to figure out where that is
Old 12-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #38 (permalink)

I've known Ron for twenty years, since I started going to Otterbein - that was back when he was in the Glengarry Center (I worked at that wreteched dollar theater because, hey, it was a job). I'm sorry to hear there was a negative experience in his store - that's definitely not even close to the norm with him.

Almost crapped myself the other week when I turned into Cherry Park and didn't see his sign....was completely unaware that he and the store on the other side of the DMV had switched. It looks a million times better in there, and it also looks like he's stocking a bit more inventory.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #39 (permalink)

Come on in and see us. We are in Delaware, Ohio which is about 30 minutes North of Columbus. We have all of the newest boxes and we match most online prices. We have game used and auto's and supplies. Keith
Neuhart Cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTribe!!! View Post
Never been to Triple play or Mark's. Yes C&B is high, but has good selection of wax every time I go in. As far as not negotiating that is simply not true. Chuck's a great guy to talk baseball with. As honest as they come too. I've only been to Neuhart's twice. Nice guy, lot's of singles, not much of a selection of wax when I went. As guess everyone is different.
I'd like to make a correction. I've neer been to Neuhart's, I was thinking of Hartman's on Morse rd. I apologize for my idiocy. I've head alot of good things about Neuhart's though. Funny thing is I had never heard of it until this summer. I was working at a minor league ballpark in Normal, Illinois of all places. One of the employees there was from Delaware ande told me about it.
GoTribe!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
I've known Ron for twenty years, since I started going to Otterbein - that was back when he was in the Glengarry Center (I worked at that wreteched dollar theater because, hey, it was a job). I'm sorry to hear there was a negative experience in his store - that's definitely not even close to the norm with him.

Almost crapped myself the other week when I turned into Cherry Park and didn't see his sign....was completely unaware that he and the store on the other side of the DMV had switched. It looks a million times better in there, and it also looks like he's stocking a bit more inventory.
speaking of shops near Otterbein - where I currently go - what ever happened to the card shop on West Main near the corner of Cleveland Ave and West Main. It was in the strip mall right behind the McDonalds...used to go there all the time