Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HitDog44
Post '07 UD Spectrum Mystery Celebrity Redemption?

Anyone heard anything about the 2007 Upper Deck Spectrum Mystery Celebrity Redemption cards/checklist/etc..? It's been sitting in the UD redemption as "Athlete committed to sign, please be patient" since last May. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Better call customer service if it has been that long. If they can't promise you what you deserve, they better hook you up with something better.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Did you guys see the autos that UD will not be getting in football? It covers from 2004 to 2007 and includes 100 autographs. It also includes high end products like UD Premier FB. I feel for the folks that purchased those redemption cards. This is why people are starting to stop buying the redemptions and when this gets out to the general population they will be buying even less.
sammyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default spectrum mystery redemption

I talked to Upper Deck a couple of weeks ago. They told me that the mystery autos will ship the beginning of March. Also I was told that most of the "mytery celebrities" were athletes. For me, that's a good thing, since they seem to fairly short printed.
sepamol68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HitDog44

Thanks for the update!

I e-mailed UD and they said a replacement could not be made since the cards were in production. Current status shows "Waiting for stock to be confirmed and shipped".
Old 03-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

My redemptions are now in the Fulfilled category and says to expect them in about 2 weeks!
galar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Where did you see a list of the FB autos that aren't going to be fulfilled. Would love to see that. Thanks!
MagnificentBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hello, hello, hello.......any word on the list of FB redemptions that are NOT going to be fulfilled??
MagnificentBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepamol68 View Post
I talked to Upper Deck a couple of weeks ago. They told me that the mystery autos will ship the beginning of March. Also I was told that most of the "mytery celebrities" were athletes. For me, that's a good thing, since they seem to fairly short printed.
There were no "athletes" on the list from an Upper Deck press release way back.

"From one of the Upper Deck Press releases:

"The celebrities included in the Spectrum of Stars Mystery Redemptions have been announced as Katey Sagal, Michael Madsen, Ed O’Neil, Danny Bonaduce (Print Run Unannounced), Fergie (Print Run Unannounced), and Ernest Borgnine (Print Run Unannounced)."

I'm glad to see my redemption listed af fulfilled at last. I'll be thrilled if I get a Fergie and happy to get a Katey Sagal or Ed O'Neil (loved the lowbrow humor of Married, with children). I'm really just hoping to not get Bonaduce or Borgnine.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

About a month ago I called Upper Deck and talked to a person from the redemptions department. When I asked when the Mystery Celebrity Auto would be shipped, she told me that the autographs would be back from the signers in January, they would manufacture the cards and ship beginning in March. She added that most of the signers were athletes. It seemed odd, because I never asked her about who they were.

They still don't have the checklist on the Upper Deck website. It has been a year since the Spectrum initial release. Why all the mystery. If the celebrities were announced a year ago, why does it take a year to get them to sign. I have seen the redemptions go for as much as $150. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for any of the listed signers. It is as if someone knows something I don't. I really think Donruss Americana has stole Upper Decks thunder as far as celebrity autographs. The only reason I can think of for the one year delay of all for the redemptions is that they are trying to create some buzz for the 2008 Spectrum release. Upper Deck was right that the cards would ship in March. I have 4 cards coming so hopefully I will get something decent.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

I saw on another board someone has recieved their card and it was Debbie Gibson and the first one to hit feebay is also Debbi Gibson, signed in green ink and she added "Lost in your eyes".

Interesting that she was not on UD's list of who the mystery signers were, I wonder what other surprises there will be.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Smile Finally in hand!

I just recieved my 4 redemptions. Black Autos of Ed O'Neill and Katey Sagal. A red auto Michael Madsen "R Dogs" (# to 15). Debbie Gibson Green "Lost In Your Eyes". I have no idea what the population is. Considering putting them up for auction. I have no idea what they are going for. I talked to Upper Deck yesterday. I was told that the reason the checklist was not posted on their website was that there was some trouble with the signers. Some wanted more money and held the process up. I have only seen 4 different online. Is it possible that that is all there are? Upper Deck seems to tell something diiferent every time I talk to them.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

do you have a scan of the Ed O'Neill card?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Smile

I have the picture attached. As well as the Madsen R Dogs auto.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

These are my other 2.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

those are sweet!