Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #326 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
So you can put it in an ugly box and charge close to $100 for it.
I mean... I got time.

ScooterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #327 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsenny View Post
So this is how Live Case Break will be breaking this product, which is totally fair. It's actually better than fair and you will most likely get something.

The format for the break will be done as a 6 spot team draft with 1 box of Heroes of the Game and 1 box of 2012 Bowman Sterling Baseball for $149.99 per spot. The reasons we selected Bowman Sterling Baseball are many, but some of them are that the product has 18 hits, so the likelihood of someone getting skunked is very low and it gives representation to some teams that may not be as well represented in the Game of Heroes product. Now, I am sure some of you are saying "what team will memorabilia redemptions go to?" If there is a team visible or noted on the piece of memorabilia, it will be awarded to that team (photo, hat, jersey, etc). If there is no team noted or visible on the memorabilia, and the player was active during the 2012 season, it will go to the team that the player ended the 2012 season with. If the player is retired, it will go to the team that the player played the most number of games with during their career. Franchises that have been moved or discontinued will be traced to their modern day franchise.

As an example, the Nolan Ryan photo where he was giving a good ol spanking to Robin Ventura would be awarded to the Rangers, as it is a Nolan Ryan 8x10 photo. There would not be a random between the Rangers and White Sox.

Plus, if the memorabilia redemption isn't filled for whatever reason. LCB will refund you your purchase in the break and keep whatever bowman sterling cards you pulled if you so choose. So basically it'll be like you didn't even purchase a spot in the break. If you ask me, this is probably one of the best ways this product can be broken. And any golden tickets pulled will be randomed amongst the 6 entrants.
The best way this product can be broken is by not being broken. The company owner should open the cases and put the few hundred dollars worth of cards per case back in their pc.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #328 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcardtheory View Post
Shocking that anyone would think this place is full of immature trolls, huh.
Look who's talking?

sportscardtheory's opinion on the Haiku situation.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but it couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people. Every time I go on the BO boards I feel like I just walked into a high school jock party full of idiot kids trying to be cool. In no trading card forum is there a worse mix of terrible moderation, authoritarian rules, kids, idiots and a-holes. A scam like this would never get that far here on FCB.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #329 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Look who's talking?

sportscardtheory's opinion on the Haiku situation.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but it couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people. Every time I go on the BO boards I feel like I just walked into a high school jock party full of idiot kids trying to be cool. In no trading card forum is there a worse mix of terrible moderation, authoritarian rules, kids, idiots and a-holes. A scam like this would never get that far here on FCB.
Well you sure are not welcome here
Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #330 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Well you sure are not welcome here
Lol, yeah, I seem to recall him trying to act like he was above everyone here at BO lol. Then I found this on FCB.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #331 (permalink)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #332 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol, yeah, I seem to recall him trying to act like he was above everyone here at BO lol. Then I found this on FCB.
lol Wow. Almost a week later and you are still thinking about me, quoting my old posts and even scouring other site's for juicy quotes of mine. I appreciate that you care so much about me. Thank you!
sportcardtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #333 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcardtheory View Post
lol Wow. Almost a week later and you are still thinking about me, quoting my old posts and even scouring other site's for juicy quotes of mine. I appreciate that you care so much about me. Thank you!
Actually, I was frequenting the other site like I do, and happened to see your rather childish post. And was reminded of your hypocritical statement here. Go stare at yourself in the mirror some more. You are obviously self absorbed.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #334 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually, I was frequenting the other site like I do, and happened to see your rather childish post. And was reminded of your hypocritical statement here. Go stare at yourself in the mirror some more. You are obviously self absorbed.
Looks like the Blowout nemesis is back LOL by the way...I like your new signature!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #335 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like the Blowout nemesis is back LOL by the way...I like your new signature!
Lol! Yes.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #336 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for caring enough about me to stalk me. It's endearing.
sportcardtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #337 (permalink)

The owner has posted on the FCB thread.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #338 (permalink)

Got a link?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #339 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Got a link?
It's posted numerous times within this thread.

Freedom Card Board.com#@#@?#@#@By collectors, for collectors
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #340 (permalink)

Found it. This was particularly funny.

"This company was built for the hobby. I have over 20 years of experience in this business and it is our goal to have the biggest hit to dollar ration in the industry."

Well, from what I've seen you have a looooooong way to go to achieve that goal. By the looks of the product, you ain't trying too hard.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #341 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

So wait...the Ruth bat was won from Goldin Auctions?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Get Don West on the phone.

I wouldn't let Ken Goldin scrub my toilet much less auction something off.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #342 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to asw37

Anyone have any links to any breaks of this stuff other than boomos first break? Would love to watch a couple
Old 01-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #343 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by this guy View Post
Hello,

My name is Will Jaimet and I'm the owner of Heroes of Sport. This message board has been brought to my attention by several people. I'm not going to address each issue individually, but I am willing to speak with anyone who has a question about my company. We are in this business for the long term and will follow through on everything we say we will do. If anyone would like to ask me a question about anything to do with our company, please feel free to email me at WillJ@heroesofsportinc.com or you can call the office toll free at 855-HEROES1 Monday through Friday. If I miss your call, I will get back to you.

This company was built for the hobby. I have over 20 years of experience in this business and it is our goal to have the biggest hit to dollar ration in the industry . I will personally answer all emails in a timely manner, and I look forward to getting to know some of you. I will not be coming back on this forum to respond to future posts made by other members. Have a great rest of the week.

Will Jaimet
Founder of Heroes of Sport
biggest hit to dollar ration in the industry

so "ration" the hits to the $$$'s?

as in spend $100, get a $5 hit?

also, this was his response (one week later from my sending ?)

note: i asked for specific PSA/JSA #'s, he gave me the beat around the bush type of answer. go figure............................

Mike,

Sorry for the mixup on our address, it has been corrected on the site. Our address is:

13500 SW Pacific HWY #442
Tigard, OR 97223

All of our redemptions say on them the type of authentication they come with. We only use JSA & PSA for autographs. In some cases, we purchased large groups of autographs from auction houses where the items had been pre-certified by JSA or PSA. In that instance, they will come with a Heroes of Sport Letter of Authenticity that states exactly where the item was purchased from, the lot #, and which company certified it. And just for clarification, the auction houses usually fly in JSA or PSA and pay them a day rate to look at the entire auction. The authentication company will then create individual LOA's for the more valuable items and do a blanket pre-certification for the rest of the auction.

I hope that answers your questions, and if you would like to speak with me personally, feel free to call the office to discuss. I also apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We have been hit by a whirlwind since the product went live and I have gotten behind on the emails. Have a great evening.

Will J

From: "Mike Pitale" Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:27 AM
To: "info@heroesofsportinc.com" <info@heroesofsportinc.com>
Subject: Question???
What is your actual address, all I see listed @ your site is this:

Heroes of Sport, all rights reserved
1234 5th street, city, state
555-555-5555

Also, do you have PSA,JSA or other COA #’s for the prizes that will be given out to winners? I would like to see and verify them before buying into your product.

Thanks,
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #344 (permalink)

Why such a rush to get this product to market?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #345 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
biggest hit to dollar ration in the industry

so "ration" the hits to the $$$'s?

as in spend $100, get a $5 hit?

also, this was his response (one week later from my sending ?)

note: i asked for specific PSA/JSA #'s, he gave me the beat around the bush type of answer. go figure............................

Mike,

Sorry for the mixup on our address, it has been corrected on the site. Our address is:

13500 SW Pacific HWY #442
Tigard, OR 97223

All of our redemptions say on them the type of authentication they come with. We only use JSA & PSA for autographs. In some cases, we purchased large groups of autographs from auction houses where the items had been pre-certified by JSA or PSA. In that instance, they will come with a Heroes of Sport Letter of Authenticity that states exactly where the item was purchased from, the lot #, and which company certified it. And just for clarification, the auction houses usually fly in JSA or PSA and pay them a day rate to look at the entire auction. The authentication company will then create individual LOA's for the more valuable items and do a blanket pre-certification for the rest of the auction.

I hope that answers your questions, and if you would like to speak with me personally, feel free to call the office to discuss. I also apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We have been hit by a whirlwind since the product went live and I have gotten behind on the emails. Have a great evening.

Will J

From: "Mike Pitale" Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:27 AM
To: "info@heroesofsportinc.com" <info@heroesofsportinc.com>
Subject: Question???
What is your actual address, all I see listed @ your site is this:

Heroes of Sport, all rights reserved
1234 5th street, city, state
555-555-5555

Also, do you have PSA,JSA or other COA #ís for the prizes that will be given out to winners? I would like to see and verify them before buying into your product.

Thanks,
yeah, that's not shady at all. so most of this stuff looks like it will ship with their own certificate of authenticity? wow. how retarded can people get. all the idiots buying into group breaks of this garbage deserve what they get.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #346 (permalink)
Banned

Oh I didn't know if I buy a box of Topps or Upper Deck or Pannini or whatever that company is called now that I would get more than what I paid for the box.

I haven't opened boxes in a very very long time and I know it used to be very hard to get your money back on what you pulled.

But maybe this has changed now?

Or is that not true? Is there a chance I could get a box of Topps or Upper Deck or Pannini anything and it would contain less value in cards than what I paid for the box?
davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #347 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Oh I didn't know if I buy a box of Topps or Upper Deck or Pannini or whatever that company is called now that I would get more than what I paid for the box.

I haven't opened boxes in a very very long time and I know it used to be very hard to get your money back on what you pulled.

But maybe this has changed now?

Or is that not true? Is there a chance I could get a box of Topps or Upper Deck or Pannini anything and it would contain less value in cards than what I paid for the box?
Go back to the sandbox. The adults are talking here.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #348 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
yeah, that's not shady at all. so most of this stuff looks like it will ship with their own certificate of authenticity? wow. how retarded can people get. all the idiots buying into group breaks of this garbage deserve what they get.
Are you serious? Heroes of Sport authentication? LOL too funny
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #349 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you serious? Heroes of Sport authentication? LOL too funny
even worse, they are saying that their coa is basically just saying they bought it at a auction that jsa and psa were at and verified the item but didn't certify. so you're basically getting a piece of paper that says hey we got this from a place that jsa or psa was at, so just trust us that it is real okay. so pathetic. way too create a crazy nightmare paper trail so that if their items ever come back as fake you could never make it blow back on them. these guys really did their homework on this scam of a product.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #350 (permalink)

What a joke, the guy gets on a message board and basically says "just email me with questions so only you have the answer that I feel like giving right now". So much for transparency! We still don't know how many cases are going to be produced, how many points are available, or how many lottery tickets there are to draw from for the other stuff. No odds? No thanks. I swear, HE IS PACKING THIS STUFF OUT UPON DEMAND.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote