Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #201 (permalink)

Hmmmmm.....

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikpounder View Post
There was a mention of "rules" for this product earlier and I checked the sponsoring company's website. It mentions:

"As well giving you a shot to be listed on the “Top 10 Leader Board” listed daily on Sports Cards Price Guide Subscriptions, Values, Trading, Organize | Beckett.com which will be updated weekly"

and

"While an overall leader board will be kept for the Grand Prize Award Ceremony on www.beckett.com."

Doesn't that sound like Beckett.com is endorsing this product?
Not necessarily. If the company that shall not be named is simply buying advertising, then Beckett is not "endorsing" the product. Similar to how anybody can buy advertising on CNBC (stock tip scams, penis enlargement pills, gambling "edge" websites), but CNBC is by no means endorsing the product.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #203 (permalink)

Who knows - I could be wrong - maybe Beckett is on board here. Just going with the paranoia at this point...
Friarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friarg View Post
No - it sounds like they plan to use the Beckett forum boards to keep their tally..and so what if some people misread that and think there working with Beckett? Nothing shady there, right?
LOL. If they are really using a forum to tally the points, that is truly shady.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #205 (permalink)

Wow, the mods sure do kiss Boomo's a** over on FCB....
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Wow, the mods sure do kiss Boomo's a** over on FCB....
Did anything interesting happen?
Mt death2redemption...you started this by your lies!!! A real stand up member!!! You have said lie after lie after lie about me...its funny whenever I used to say anything you would not use my quote but add or subtract to it....I guess you have to keep your fake world going....oh just if your members knew... your worse then a liar....your a created of lies.... - Jason Mars
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Did anything interesting happen?
PM Sent....
Old 01-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #208 (permalink)

Cuz his kisses theirs during breaks

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsenny View Post
Guys please just stop. I'm just defending my breakers and their decisions so if they decide to not break this, then I'll agree with them on that. I mentioned that already but I guess you guys and your mob mentality was stuck in the mindset that we need to bash this kid for everything he's worth because he doesn't agree with us.
you guys WAS stuck, i can't take it anymore, why can people not understand singular and plural anymore? i'm only 30, you can't tell me i'm getting so old blah blah, go learn the difference, it's not hard, you learn it in 3rd grade
Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #210 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Is mgsenny the retarded cousin of sportscardtheory or the other way around?

Anyone who spends a dime on this product hates money, which I respect if you can afford to be raci$t.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #211 (permalink)

I also wouldn't trust a product that pretty much is geared only to be a group break. People get "slots" that are way over priced for what is in there and the slots get randomed based on when the payment gets sent. While I think card companies take into account the aspect of group breaking, this is really the first "product" to be set up to only be a group break product, from the way they introduced the product to people, to the pricing of the boxes, to the design of the product.

Also anyone who would watch the breaks on blogtv and go with boomo is an idiot. You're telling me over all the great breakers on blogtv that boomo was the best? It seems like they were like well who is the least likely to fuss over the product being terrible, and who wouldn't have standards for their clients.

And of course this product was "rushed". Topps 5 Star Baseball was released in like Mid-November right? That means that over the past month and a half they were still adding cards to the boxes. I wouldn't be happy with any of those boxes and a redemption for a chance of winning a drawing is about as worthless as the paper I wipe my butt with.
hitman1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
PM Sent....
Thanks, that was a fun read

Looks like the BO community isn't well liked on that site...I guess we're all a bunch of whiny trolls, especially now that boomo hates us
Mt death2redemption...you started this by your lies!!! A real stand up member!!! You have said lie after lie after lie about me...its funny whenever I used to say anything you would not use my quote but add or subtract to it....I guess you have to keep your fake world going....oh just if your members knew... your worse then a liar....your a created of lies.... - Jason Mars
Old 01-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #213 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Thanks, that was a fun read

Looks like the BO community isn't well liked on that site...I guess we're all a bunch of whiny trolls, especially now that boomo hates us
fwd PM and catch me up on the drama kthanks
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
fwd PM and catch me up on the drama kthanks
Forwarded!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #215 (permalink)

Sounds like a certain someone on that certain site might be up in the air about that certain product lol...

"i will do more if people want to buy it, but the tickets left a bad taste and I think the company needs to eliminate them.
No one would complain if they just eat those and charge a few hundred less per case. Otherwise, they may not be selling
all that much of this thru the case route."
Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #216 (permalink)

Quote:
I cant speak for you guys, but I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #217 (permalink)

Fwd to me next

Old 01-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #218 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

wait.

what?

people bought into what he was selling? really?

i really need to show you guys all the arizona beach front property I have available to sell for $500 paypal gift.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
wait.

what?

people bought into what he was selling? really?

i really need to show you guys all the arizona beach front property I have available to sell for $500 paypal gift.

Probably a better chance getting your money back on that Arizona beach front property instead of those cards.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
This was the information listed on the website as of yesterday:

©2012 Heroes of Sport, all rights reserved
1234 5th street, city, state
555-555-5555

I don't need Google maps to know that's as fake as it gets. Maybe they've changed it since then, but I have no interest in giving them another page hit.
It has been updated. Is that the wife beater behind bars?
Aleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #221 (permalink)

Who is LCB? Never heard of them

The best online blog buster is Chad hands down

Like someone said above if you bust this stuff after seeing and hearing what came out of it already your just retarded

Side note I bet this LCB will have a lot more viewers tonight and for some reason I have a feeling that the boxes they open are going to have a lot more nicer hits
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #222 (permalink)

For what it's worth, this product violates the "Grab Bag/Lottery" laws that most states have enforced.

I doubt anything will come of it, but it is technically illegal to produce a product such as this.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
For what it's worth, this product violates the "Grab Bag/Lottery" laws that most states have enforced.

I doubt anything will come of it, but it is technically illegal to produce a product such as this.

100% correct. Happens all the time, so must not be enforced. Does not matter who is bustingthe product. For the cost ... its not worth it in my eyes. As for people trying to bring more hype to the people busting this stuff, that there is no way they would bust it if it was a scam is a joke in my eyes. Only thing the people busting it care about is making money off the people willing to over spend on the chances of a hit. At least with Topps you know what cards are in the product. No sell sheet, no way in hell I would touch it. Plus someone mentioned what if they only sell a certain amount... does the auctions still happen?
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #224 (permalink)

I'm pretty srue that other than the three folks who wound up with the Jackie auto, Ruth 1/1 GU, and Arod bat, no one believes that this was a good idea to bust.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescout View Post
you guys WAS stuck, i can't take it anymore, why can people not understand singular and plural anymore? i'm only 30, you can't tell me i'm getting so old blah blah, go learn the difference, it's not hard, you learn it in 3rd grade
Yeah and you also learn the correct rules of capitalization in like first grade, but who's keeping track? What about comma splicing? I know that may be a bit advanced for you; 5th grade stuff right there.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 01-04-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: trying hard to not delete this thread
mgsenny is online now   Reply With Quote