Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASEBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/)
-   -   Fantasy Baseball - 5 Keeper League (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/428821-fantasy-baseball-5-keeper-league.html)

85GoCards 01-09-2013 04:09 PM

Fantasy Baseball - 5 Keeper League

Interested in opinions on my keeper selections for 2013. My league lets you keep 5 MLB players and 1 MiLB. There are no limits to how long you can keep a player. Here are my current players, ranked in the order I'm leaning toward at the moment:

[U]MLB Keeper Options[/U]
Mike Trout
Ryan Braun
Albert Pujols
Jered Weaver
Manny Machado
David Wright
Jason Kipnis
Curtis Granderson
Cliff Lee

[U]MiLB Keeper[/U]
Anthony Rendon

I have a pending 3 team trade where I'd give up Machado, Weaver, Kipnis, and Wright in order to get Stanton and Strasburg. I also have a pending offer to trade Granderson and Lee to get the first overall pick in this year's draft. So far these deals are not done, so I'm free to discuss other options.

So I have two questions:

1) Who would you try to trade for if my trades fall through?
2) If I can't make any trades, which of my guys would you select as the 5 keepers?

dbaks 01-09-2013 04:13 PM

I would trade Granerson and Lee for 1st pick.

Keep:

Mike Trout
Ryan Braun
Albert Pujols
Manny Machado
David Wright

Then you could always add Weaver with the #1 pick to get your top 6 back....or maybe someone drops someone ever better and you have 1st pick!

STHendricks 01-09-2013 04:21 PM

your team would be unreal if you can swing this: give up Machado, Weaver, Kipnis, and Wright in order to get Stanton and Strasburg

jusdukky 01-09-2013 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=STHendricks;3989775]your team would be unreal if you can swing this: give up Machado, Weaver, Kipnis, and Wright in order to get Stanton and Strasburg[/QUOTE]

This ^^^^^ and the other trade as well!!

rmiller1k 01-09-2013 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=STHendricks;3989775]your team would be unreal if you can swing this: give up Machado, Weaver, Kipnis, and Wright in order to get Stanton and Strasburg[/QUOTE]

i agree...weaver is on the downslide and wright and machado combined probably wont put up the power numbers of stanton.

Adamchuk 01-09-2013 04:29 PM

Agree, do the two trades and run for the hills

Win4Vin 01-09-2013 04:58 PM

hitters > pitchers (for me at least..)

robertr1105 01-09-2013 05:03 PM

1) I don't know which teams have which players in your league, but I'd try to trade Wright and Granderson for a solid pitcher, maybe a Felix Hernandez type guy.
2) Trout
Braun
Pujols
Weaver
Machado

death2redemptions 01-09-2013 07:06 PM

Get rid of Granderson

55_marlins_sp 01-10-2013 02:42 PM

Do the deals.

85GoCards 01-10-2013 02:44 PM

Thanks for all the feedback!

I'm still hoping to get the deals done, but still haven't heard final word yet.

Assuming all players I didn't list are available, are there any other players you'd try to trade for (other than what I've listed)?

btimm 01-10-2013 03:15 PM

I can't say much of anything, as I don't know your league settings. However, I would try to get Kershaw in any league format. Felix as well. I will say the following, assuming you play in an active league with a fair amount of trade acitivity. If you can't get any deal done, I would likely keep Trout, Braun, Pujols, Wright, and Lee. Assuming you can make moves next year such that you wouldn't keep Lee again of course, but I don't see a ton of difference between Lee and Weaver next year and Weaver has much more perceived value. I would then try and trade Weaver for a big upgrade to your MiLB keeper, see if you can someone like Wil Myers. Just a thought.

MC80_LCM 01-10-2013 03:29 PM

What about trying to move Pujols for someone younger since there is no cap on how long you can keep players. As much as I do like him he has had easily his worst 2 years of his career and who knows if he has more than 3 or 4 more productive years. Maybe you can get someone younger who's not quite as good but will be productive over the next 6-8 years. I mean, I would certainly swap him with Wright in that trade to get Stanton and Stras if it pushes it over the edge.

85GoCards 01-10-2013 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=MC80_LCM;3996454]What about trying to move Pujols for someone younger since there is no cap on how long you can keep players. As much as I do like him he has had easily his worst 2 years of his career and who knows if he has more than 3 or 4 more productive years. Maybe you can get someone younger who's not quite as good but will be productive over the next 6-8 years. I mean, I would certainly swap him with Wright in that trade to get Stanton and Stras if it pushes it over the edge.[/QUOTE]

While I've considered moving Pujols, I wouldn't do it for a pitcher and an outfielder. I think you have to factor in positional scarcity when evaluating this option. There are a LOT more OF & SP available than quality 1B options. Pair that with the fact that I already have the two best outfielders and that I could possibly fill my third OF spot in the 10th round or later, I don't think this would be a good idea.

armyatc22 01-10-2013 03:37 PM

Remember a number 1 pick in a keeper league isn't that big of a deal. Most of the first and second rounders are already gone....at most you will be getting a number 2 pr 3 pitcher

711 Cards 01-10-2013 03:39 PM

Dude, who are you playing against? Your team is stacked! And def do the trade to get Stanton.

85GoCards 01-10-2013 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=711 Cards;3996521]Dude, who are you playing against? Your team is stacked! And def do the trade to get Stanton.[/QUOTE]

lol, I'm in a 14 team league too! I made a LOT of trades during last season. The only players I drafted still on my team are Machado and Trout. All the other guys were acquired as the season went on.