Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #51 (permalink)

Pot does not enhance your game play. It will only slow you down. Ridiculous ruling.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
nope, Larkin .295 lifetime hitter while Biggio's career just .281. Their power numbers were very even
Biggio at 291 had almost 100 more home runs than Larkin at 198... and 40+ more steals than Larkin. Biggio Rbis 1175- Larkin 960.... Biggio far better hitter.

Biggio Fielding %.984 for 3 positions... Larkin .975 at 1 position...

Biggio wins.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Pot does not enhance your game play. It will only slow you down. Ridiculous ruling.
Agreed.

He should have only received like a 5 or 10 day ban or something in that nature. I understand marijuana is a Schedule I drug on the federal level therefor illegal so there should be a punishment but 50 days is excessive. I thought a sentence like that was reserved for the use of performance enhancing drugs.
Mt death2redemption...you started this by your lies!!! A real stand up member!!! You have said lie after lie after lie about me...its funny whenever I used to say anything you would not use my quote but add or subtract to it....I guess you have to keep your fake world going....oh just if your members knew... your worse then a liar....your a created of lies.... - Jason Mars
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #54 (permalink)

I think bonds should be in period. Does anybody even knwo how steroids work? You still would have to put in work "if" he did take them. Walking 200 plus times and only swinging at pitches right there have to account for something. Steroids didn't make his patience better. Players of every generation did banned things that where overlooked when election time came up!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Braves View Post
Look at Pete Rose- banned for life from baseball. I heard his stats were pretty good.
Rose did something that was against the baseball rules at the time he was doing it.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #56 (permalink)

Anybody start a petition for Sele to get in yet? One vote first year on the ballot, let's start the campaign!
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #57 (permalink)

"I think he should have been a shoo-in," former Astros manager, player and broadcaster Larry Dierker said. "He should have been in on the first ballot. The people that vote for him aren't baseball players. They're writers, and a lot of the writers don't go to very many games. I'm not surprised."---My sentiment exactly.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhiggs View Post
Biggio at 291 had almost 100 more home runs than Larkin at 198... and 40+ more steals than Larkin. Biggio Rbis 1175- Larkin 960.... Biggio far better hitter.

Biggio wins.

that is absolutely false. Far better hitter??? I know it shows you from Houston but you need to be realistic. He is 14 points lower in career average to Larkin and you can account for his difference in stats like you stated above purely because Biggio had nearly 3500!! more plate appearances during his career. That is right around 5 more SEASON worth of ay bats to give Biggio those numbers.

Larkin was better career-wise in batting average, on-base percentage, slugging.... And if you go by averages per full season Larkin had a better average RBI total than Biggio as well but because of longevity. If Biggio and Larkin had equal amount of plate appearances it would clearly show Larkin as a slightly better hitter than Biggio
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #59 (permalink)

The HoF has been a joke to me since I found out Roger Maris wasn't in it.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Yes, he did and amphetamines weren't banned at the time. I don't believe steroids were banned yet either when Bonds was using them
1990 is when they became illegal in the united states ........for the millionth time !!!!!!!!!! so if you played baseball in america even though they were not testing for it you were still breaking the law ........ wether you worked for the mlb or kfc ......... if you were taking steroids you were breaking the law .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
1990 is when they became illegal in the united states ........for the millionth time !!!!!!!!!! so if you played baseball in america even though they were not testing for it you were still breaking the law ........ wether you worked for the mlb or kfc ......... if you were taking steroids you were breaking the law .

you can also get arrested for assault if you hit someone with an object but in baseball you can hit someone intentionally & get away with it sometimes without any type of penalty. In sports the rules can be bent especially when there is no threat of it being enforced with legal action
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziveus101 View Post
The HoF has been a joke to me since I found out Roger Maris wasn't in it.
Roger Maris isn't in the HOF??? Wow, I didn't even know that...that is insane
Mt death2redemption...you started this by your lies!!! A real stand up member!!! You have said lie after lie after lie about me...its funny whenever I used to say anything you would not use my quote but add or subtract to it....I guess you have to keep your fake world going....oh just if your members knew... your worse then a liar....your a created of lies.... - Jason Mars
Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
LOL at anyone who just assumes that Biggio didn't take PEDs simply because he's small and didn't hit a lot of HRs.
true..i dont think he did..
i think bagwell and piazza roided..look at early 90s pics/stats of them..

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
you can also get arrested for assault if you hit someone with an object but in baseball you can hit someone intentionally & get away with it sometimes without any type of penalty. In sports the rules can be bent especially when there is no threat of it being enforced with legal action
um no ............. steroids are illegal in the united states ....... once again ... it dont matter if you work for pizza hut or the mlb you cant do steroids !!!!!!!!
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
um no ............. steroids are illegal in the united states ....... once again ... it dont matter if you work for pizza hut or the mlb you cant do steroids !!!!!!!!
Yes, you could do steroids if you worked for pizza hut! Steroids are only illegal if you don't have a prescription for them. All steroids are Schedule III controlled substances which is a category of legal drugs that have less potential for abuse or addiction than Schedule I or II drugs and have a useful medical purpose (includes benzphetamine, Vicodin, weaker barbiturates, ketamine, and anabolic steroids such as Depo-Testosterone.). Schedule I controlled substances are drugs that have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and a high potential for abuse (Heroin, LSD, marijuana...however legal in certain states but not federally). These drugs are completely illegal.