Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default First Game Used Jersey pickup- Nate Roberts Beloit Twins-themed (scan heavy)

Got this from JT for a solid price. Saw Roberts play at one game earlier, he hit a triple and got him to sign a photo and a baseball. Hopefully he makes it to the majors, hitting .300 on his career so has a shot.

Proof photos:

Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice! The Rochester Red Wings have charity game used jersey auctions several times throughout the year. I have obtained four the last few years, a Liam Hendriks, Ray Chang, Esmerling Vasquez and an Anthony Slama. The Hendriks is a very nice blue color with red lettering/numbering. The Vasquex is a Minnesota Twins replica jersey. Each comes autographed too!

The Twins handle their minor league clubs very well, with whatever input they have with them I suppose.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
Nice! The Rochester Red Wings have charity game used jersey auctions several times throughout the year. I have obtained four the last few years, a Liam Hendriks, Ray Chang, Esmerling Vasquez and an Anthony Slama. The Hendriks is a very nice blue color with red lettering/numbering. The Vasquex is a Minnesota Twins replica jersey. Each comes autographed too!

The Twins handle their minor league clubs very well, with whatever input they have with them I suppose.
How much did the Hendriks and Slama run you? Hendriks seems to have a big fan base, at least on his 1/1s, and Slama should be set-up/closing or traded by the Twins this year. Not sure why we let him dominate Rochtester without calling him up.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
How much did the Hendriks and Slama run you? Hendriks seems to have a big fan base, at least on his 1/1s, and Slama should be set-up/closing or traded by the Twins this year. Not sure why we let him dominate Rochtester without calling him up.
I want to say the Hendriks was just under $100. Slama I got a few years ago when he was running things and named to the futures game. I believe I got it for $50 or so. LMK if you wanna se pictures, I can get some up!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Is that a photo match? Those dirt stains on your jersey looks a lot like the ones in the pictures.

If so that is even more bada$$
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nice pickup! Roberts also has the distinction of having the best mustache in the Twins organization.

Last edited by iTwins; 01-09-2013 at 10:10 PM.
iTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Is that a photo match? Those dirt stains on your jersey looks a lot like the ones in the pictures.

If so that is even more bada$$
Yep. JT is the team photographer, so he had the pictures from the game, and it was the only time they wore the jerseys. Roberts was 1-2 with a 2B, RBI, and throwing error if I remember correctly from the boxscore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
I want to say the Hendriks was just under $100. Slama I got a few years ago when he was running things and named to the futures game. I believe I got it for $50 or so. LMK if you wanna se pictures, I can get some up!
The Slama sounds pretty cool, would be interested in seeing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTwins View Post
Nice pickup! Roberts also has the distinction of having the best mustache in the Twins organization.

I was going to say the worst one, but whatever floats your boat
Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

One bump for the super cool gamer.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

i was at that game. they do some pretty cool jersey auctions. i bid on a couple of the baby blue twins themed jerseys but they got a little out of my price range. they did a really awful jimmy buffet theme. it was terrible.