Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default BGS Submission Questions

I am going to submit some cards for grading but I have a few quick questions.

I've heard you can request them to not grade anything that would not receive below say an 8.5. Is this true and if so how do you select/mention it? Do you still get charged?

When they return your cards do you have to sign for them? I live in a townhouse complex and my mailbox is too small for packages and I wouldn't want it left on the front porch.

Thanks guys.
Buying all past and present Braves (in a Braves Uniform or in their system when the card was made). Also, looking for Falcons and UGA & GT Football Alumni (A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, etc) http://s1358.photobucket.com/albums/q763/blakesbucketofphotos/ COMC account 800+ cards lowest prices on the site.
btmcrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes u have to sign for fed ex
metsplaya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmcrushers View Post
I am going to submit some cards for grading but I have a few quick questions.

I've heard you can request them to not grade anything that would not receive below say an 8.5. Is this true and if so how do you select/mention it? Do you still get charged?

When they return your cards do you have to sign for them? I live in a townhouse complex and my mailbox is too small for packages and I wouldn't want it left on the front porch.

Thanks guys.
yes, you can set a minimum grade on anything, write on and place a sticky note on EACH card you wish to have a min grade for. have each say "BGS 9.5 minimum, or slab as authentic" - write the note before placing the stick on the semi-rigid holder, don't wanna be chancing the surface of the card getting indented.

i always say slab as authentic, this eliminates a lazy grader just tossing the cards aside and saying they didn't meet the minimum. because you still get charged either way.

also, you can request signature required and/or pick up at a nearby fedex location. they'll also return ship USPS if the post office is more convienent.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote