Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Selling on consignment

Does anyone here do that? I know boomo but I'm good on that one.

I am asking because I am wondering how successful you are with this and how you build your clients? I sell for a few people already but I have known them for years. I am wondering how I can gain the trust of more people and get started on this. I am very prompt, good communication, decent experience and very professional. Thanks for any help if you guys can provide any!

160/991 2012 Topps On-Card Autographs
ClevelandIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandIC View Post
Does anyone here do that? I know boomo but I'm good on that one.

I am asking because I am wondering how successful you are with this and how you build your clients? I sell for a few people already but I have known them for years. I am wondering how I can gain the trust of more people and get started on this. I am very prompt, good communication, decent experience and very professional. Thanks for any help if you guys can provide any!
I can't help you directly with your question...but indirectly if you are considering this please educate yourself on the local and federal tax laws so that you aren't paying huge bucks on your gross sales. Selling on consignment could land a person in jail if they don't handle the paperwork up front. Last thing you want is a $250,000 1099 form with no paperwork to back up that your items were consigned.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have used Probstein123 to sell large quantites of cards from me in past. I work in the oil and gas industry which requires me to work 100+ hours so I typically don't have much time to sell. I've had great luck with do this in the past. He sells alot og high end stuff on Ebay so he gets alot of action. He has 3 or 4 people that work for him that do nothing but scan, list, and mail cards. Usually I will send him the cards and he lists them at a 7 day auction starting on the following sunday. Once the items end he waits on payment for a few days and mails me a check. Typically from the time I mail him the cards I have money in hand within 2 weeks.
Doublexthebeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

The more you sell the more the word will spread you will be getting alot of sales
audiempire-us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiempire-us View Post
The more you sell the more the word will spread you will be getting alot of sales
No question about it. Also it helps to go to the National and meet and greet alot of people, post breaks on Youtube, adds in Beckett.......etc. But reputation because of being a big seller is the best way to getting better sales.
Doublexthebeast is online now   Reply With Quote