Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #26 (permalink)

I pre-ordered a case of 2012 Sterling from her (got it for right around 1600.00) and was worried initially as well (I never pre-order from eBay). I made sure I was within the 60 day window. My product arrived and I had a great case. Very interesting to see what comes of this. I was thinking about buying more from them but now makes me pause.

Photobucket:http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/u419/achantl/
achantl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #27 (permalink)

So should I send her this message?

"I noticed your feedback has been set to private and your auctions have all been ended. I've been in contact with some others who have recently ordered from you, one of which said he never received his case of sterling. I'm a little worried about my pre-order now. Would it be in each of our best interests for me to receive a refund? I have ordered from you numerous times in the past and have always been satisfied with the service, shipping and prices. Thanks."
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #28 (permalink)

Ok, I don't have Word on this laptop and am having huge issues. I'm going to try to just copy/paste over. We had multiple back and forths on two seperate items so I'll try to do it in timeline. Read from bottom of post upwards, too much work to flip them around plus I wanted complete transparency.

Dear sadie2703,I would like it shipped please. - jmscoggin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: jmscoggin
Subject: Re: I haven't received my item yet: jmscoggin sent a message about 2012 Bowman Sterling Baseball Half Case 4 Hobby Boxes 72 Autos Pre-Sell #350634438341
Sent Date: Dec-31-12 19:41:23 PST

Dear jmscoggin,I do not bust wax. I buy from two local card shops their excess. I will do whatever you want, if you want me to ship Wed I will, if you want me to refund I will..I am easy to work with but sometimes circumstances do happen. Just let me know what you want me to do. Thanks Sadie- sadie2703

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: sadie2703
Subject: Re: I haven't received my item yet: jmscoggin sent a message about 2012 Bowman Sterling Baseball Half Case 4 Hobby Boxes 72 Autos Pre-Sell #350634438341
Sent Date: Dec-31-12 19:05:47 PST

Dear sadie2703,Look, as good as your feedback is it is a lot of money. I have purchased and received a ton of items during the holidays with no issues. You told me these would ship out on the 19th and yet they still haven't. What am I supposed to think. I am losing money each day I don't have these. The breaks have already been selling as have your singles. You've had time to break your own and list them but not time to ship mine that I had paid immediately. I purchased with you because of your feedback but you aren't living up to it so yes, I am serious". What would you think if you were in my shoes?- jmscoggin

Sent Date: Dec-31-12 17:58:49 PST

Dear jmscoggin,Are you serious, look at my feedback, I am not here to rip anyone off. I did not know the UPS was not running today. They will ship Wed . I did not create the delays with weather holidays and etc, I am sorry for them , but they were well beyond my control. Thanks Sadie- sadie2703

Last edited by jmscoggin; 01-16-2013 at 06:11 PM.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #29 (permalink)

Dear sadie2703,There were only 5 possible shipping days? Why is it that I have purchased and received countless items in this same time span? Why is it that you said that you would ship out today but didn't? We aren't talking about a $5 card but a $2400 purchase. I would be moving Heaven and Earth to have gotten that out on time. All I get are excuses and excuses. I don't want a refund I want my cards. If you don't send them I will make sure everyone possible in the industry is aware of what you are doing. If you just happen to be that unlucky than send them tomorrow first thing and give me tracking info. Go ahead and try to sue. Defamation is by spreading lies. I plan on telling the truth with your own words and excuses to prove my case. Why was my stuff not shipped out first thing in the morning? The emergency room is just one more excuse. You sold the items too cheaply and are trying to get out of the deal. I promise you that if you do that I will tell as many people in as many places as possible. Do not turn this around on me to try to make me the bad guy. I gave you a large amount of money and you told me the items would ship on the 19th. It is now to weeks later and you still haven't shipped and are full of excuses.- jmscoggin

Sent Date: Jan-02-13 16:31:59 PST

Dear jmscoggin,I do not know by what you mean act this way, I have been at the emergency room with my son since 2pm. The remarks you made are totally lies. Do you realize I did not change the relase date to the 19th, Topps did. Do you realize there has only been 5 UPS shipping days since the 19th. 20,21,24,27,28. It takes 2-3 days to get to me from distributor, there was one day with a weather delay. I guess I picked you out of all the 6000 people I have shipped to to scam. Be very careful what you say, I will file a defamation suit so fast it will make your head swim. No one has tried to scam anyone, you are just totally unreasonable to legitmate delays. Paypal notified me that you want a refund, it will be done in a matter of minutes. Thanks Sadie- sadie2703

Sent Date: Jan-02-13 15:48:57 PST

Dear sadie2703,I don't get why you are choosing to act this way when your feedback is so good. I still don't have tracking information and you have not responded to my earlier message. If the cards do not go out today then I am not only filing a criminal case but I am also going to open threads on Blowout,FCB,SCF and Beckett and inform them of the situation. I also will leave a scathing Ebay feedback about the way you do business. There is absolutely no reason that my cases would not have been shipped by now other than being scammed.- jmscoggin
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

Dear sadie2703,How on Earth have you done this many transactions and are still this clueless? Threats? You have not honored your end of the transaction and have given me a string of excuses. I just want the items I won and that I paid for immediately. You screwed me out of the items as well as my corresponding Ebay bucks. I just informed you that I would be letting others know this is how you do business. That is not a threat it is called FEEDBACK and is neccessary when people like you do bad business. As I said before, I don't get it. You have been a good seller it seems before this so why have you chosen not to honor these sales? I am still giving you the chance to just complete the transactions. I am not threatening you or being hostile. I just want the deal completed. It isn't a threat in any way shape or form to let other buyers know if you are dishonest. I am sure Ebay would be unhappy to know that you are not honoring your sales either. This seems to be your m.o. though. Do something wrong and when called on it you try to turn the tables. Unfortunately for you, I am not an idiot and see right through it. Bottom line is that you had two listings. I bid and I won. If the price was too low than you should have had a reserve. I did not tell Paypal I wanted a refund I told them I wanted my items. I told you the same thing multiple times before you refunded me. They took the money because I paid for the items TWO MONTHS ago and you still have not shipped or provided tracking info. Make no mistake, if this is how you leave this I will make sure to tell as many people as possible. I frequent multiple sports cards forums and unfortunately these types of dealings are more common than they should be. When they do happen, members post what happened and most members stop doing business with the offender. Please do a bin for both items at the price I had originally won them for. I will pay right away. You can ship right away and we will put this whole thing behind us.- jmscoggin

Sent Date: Jan-02-13 23:37:13 PST

Dear jmscoggin,Yeah Ebay asked me tonight if I was receiving threats, this will be a good one to forward to them, along with your others. You are the one that contacted Paypal, when you did they took the money out of my account and that was it- sadie2703

Sent Date: Jan-02-13 22:27:38 PST

Dear sadie2703,I received the refund and thank you. I still feel that you were stalling to get out of sale due to selling price. If I am wrong then sell me the items again for the same price and get them shipped tomorrow. I know that I am right though because I did not ask for a refund. I have asked you multiple times in the last three days to send the items but you haven't. Like I said, if you do not honor this sale I will make sure that every forum that I am a member is aware. I will also be informing Ebay.- jmscoggin
Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #31 (permalink)

This is the main gist of what transpired. I never heard back from her after this last message. I also found out after that Paypal offered to let her send the items or they were going to force a refund to me. She chose to do the refund. Deal with her at your own risk as these are just my experiences in the only deal I've tried to do with her. Really pissed off as I was big time looking forward to this and passed up other good deals to go with her.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
This is the main gist of what transpired. I never heard back from her after this last message. I also found out after that Paypal offered to let her send the items or they were going to force a refund to me. She chose to do the refund. Deal with her at your own risk as these are just my experiences in the only deal I've tried to do with her. Really pissed off as I was big time looking forward to this and passed up other good deals to go with her.
Wow, I have always received my pre-orders from her either the friday, or saturday of the release...I don't know where she is getting that she had to wait 2 days to get the item in question???? That seems off to me. She has always shipped on release date in the past. IDK, maybe I should just send her a message asking for a refund, or contact ebay to find out what is going on with her. Thanks a bunch for posting the messages.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #33 (permalink)

Was nervous about preorder and this amount of money and in the three weeks sent about three messages just making sure we were still on the up and up. The following is generally how it went. I started to get worried around release date when she refused to say how or by who they would be shipped and already started making excuses about delays (holidays,weather).

Dear sadie2703,That works for me. Thank you for the quick responses.- jmscoggin

Subject: Re: Shipping: jmscoggin sent a message about 2012 Bowman Sterling Baseball Sealed Case Of 8 Hobby Boxes Pre-Sell 144 Autos #350634438344
Sent Date: Dec-06-12 21:27:32 PST

Dear jmscoggin,Hi we will ship on the 19th, as far as the receiving I really dont know. I would guess three business day, but with Christmas it is hard to sayThanksSadie- sadie2703

Subject: Re: Shipping: jmscoggin sent a message about 2012 Bowman Sterling Baseball Sealed Case Of 8 Hobby Boxes Pre-Sell 144 Autos #350634438344
Sent Date: Dec-06-12 21:24:24 PST

Dear sadie2703,I understand that. Was just wondering when you would be sending and an idea on when I would be receiving. Thank you.- jmscoggin

Sent Date: Dec-06-12 21:21:17 PST

Dear jmscoggin,Hi, release date is 19thThanksSadie- sadie2703

Subject: Shipping: jmscoggin sent a message about 2012 Bowman Sterling Baseball Sealed Case Of 8 Hobby Boxes Pre-Sell 144 Autos #350634438344
Sent Date: Dec-06-12 16:04:06 PST

Dear sadie2703,Any idea when you are going to be sending these out? I know they haven't been released yet but it is coming up soon. Thank you.- jmscoggin
Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Wow, I have always received my pre-orders from her either the friday, or saturday of the release...I don't know where she is getting that she had to wait 2 days to get the item in question???? That seems off to me. She has always shipped on release date in the past. IDK, maybe I should just send her a message asking for a refund, or contact ebay to find out what is going on with her. Thanks a bunch for posting the messages.
I asked her this when she said it but can't find that link. In my experience people always have them in hand day of release. I started to worry that she was selling something she couldn't get but her feedback and good communication kept me hooked.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #35 (permalink)

Going to have to agree with those who said it ... she was running a Ponzi scheme.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

this seller also has a website:

www.rookieshack.com
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
this seller also has a website:

Welcome to Rookie Shack
Funny how everything for sale is presell. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Kind of makes one think. I would ask for a refund and run. Too bad I was at the bottom of the pyramid and missed out but at least I recovered my funds.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

Ordered a case of Bowman Chrome from her. Price was about $54/box which I thought was insane, however case had a Skaggs gold auto and the 001/150 Billy Hamilton blue refractor auto.
2013 Topps Museum Jered Weaver Autos: 0/5
mt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #39 (permalink)

weird here names on private and none of her listings show up?
michael84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I have been at the emergency room with my son since 2pm.
As we all know, collecting and dealing trading cards is a very dangerous hobby, 50% of the population will end up in the emergency room

death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #41 (permalink)

Hang on a minute while I scrape my jaw off of the floor! Thankfully, I only ordered '12 Draft cases and had no problems at all. I'm at a loss for words as I loved the fact I could get into cases at $100 below others. I always went directly to her site to see her pricing. I guess "too good to be true" pricing was just that. It all makes sense now. I'm sorry to hear that the endgame scammed numerous collectors including many from BO. Good luck with everything.
TEAM_OF_RIVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #42 (permalink)

Well, I sent her this message....

"I noticed your feedback has been set to private and your auctions have all been ended. I'm a little worried about my pre-order now. Will you still be shipping out my order on the 30th? I have ordered from you numerous times in the past and have always been satisfied with the service, shipping and prices. Thanks."

Let's see if I get a response....
Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Well, I sent her this message....

"I noticed your feedback has been set to private and your auctions have all been ended. I'm a little worried about my pre-order now. Will you still be shipping out my order on the 30th? I have ordered from you numerous times in the past and have always been satisfied with the service, shipping and prices. Thanks."

Let's see if I get a response....
Give her some time, she is probably in the emergency room

Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #44 (permalink)

'if something appears too good to be true it probably is'......
Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
'if something appears too good to be true it probably is'......
Imac comes riding in on his horse and brings words of wisdom...

While, at times, you can be a perfect target for trolling, you can also be very wise. Well done sir

Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Imac comes riding in on his horse and brings words of wisdom...

While, at times, you can be a perfect target for trolling, you can also be very wise. Well done sir
called it in the first post my man lol
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
called it in the first post my man lol
Damn your good, has anyone at blowout contacted you asking if you'd like to become a moderator?

Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #48 (permalink)

Just struck gold with this thread. Have spent some of my free time the last few days trying to compile info on Sadie2703 after things started going south. Very similar issue I'm having and just now thought to check on here. Cliff notes...

-Preordered several Sterling football cases
-ordered from her in the past w/no problems
-emailed her a while after the release date kindly asking for status, no response... communication was always great until this point
-checked her feedback comments, saw that a few people had received their Sterling cases and left positive feedback
-emailed again, no response
-went back to her feedback a day later, now set to private and unable to view her listings... she had a LOT of listings the day before and only 1 negative feedback comment that was more than 6 months old
-noticed she went from 1 negative comment in the last yr, to 8 within the last month

My recommendation is to file a PP case immediately... signs are pointing to the fact that she knows she's doing some Shadie stuff & is trying to cover her tracks.

PC ~ Tomlinson, Calvin, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner BUCS~Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Sapp, Doug Martin, Mark Barron, Lavonte David
skChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #49 (permalink)

Preordered a case of Five Star for a really good price and got it same day as my blowout cases.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skChamp View Post
Just struck gold with this thread. Have spent some of my free time the last few days trying to compile info on Sadie2703 after things started going south. Very similar issue I'm having and just now thought to check on here. Cliff notes...

-Preordered several Sterling football cases
-ordered from her in the past w/no problems
-emailed her a while after the release date kindly asking for status, no response... communication was always great until this point
-checked her feedback comments, saw that a few people had received their Sterling cases and left positive feedback
-emailed again, no response
-went back to her feedback a day later, now set to private and unable to view her listings... she had a LOT of listings the day before and only 1 negative feedback comment that was more than 6 months old
-noticed she went from 1 negative comment in the last yr, to 8 within the last month

My recommendation is to file a PP case immediately... signs are pointing to the fact that she knows she's doing some Shadie stuff & is trying to cover her tracks.
Wow, I'm sorry this has happened to you. But at the same time I'm glad there are others coming forward about this! She's always been a good seller for pre-orders and picking up singles for my sets. I messaged her on ebay. If she doesn't reply by sunday night I will be contacting ebay first thing monday morning.