Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Preordered a case of Five Star for a really good price and got it same day as my blowout cases.
Yeah she's always been a very prompt shipper until all of this.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Wow, I'm sorry this has happened to you. But at the same time I'm glad there are others coming forward about this! She's always been a good seller for pre-orders and picking up singles for my sets. I messaged her on ebay. If she doesn't reply by sunday night I will be contacting ebay first thing monday morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Yeah she's always been a very prompt shipper until all of this.
I had never had problems before & got my pre-orders pretty darn quick. So, thought I was safe ordering multiple cases this go around. I'm thinking she just got in over her head or something, some of the others got their cases of the same product, but others didn't. I don't really think her initial intent was to screw people over. I hope not anyway.
__________________
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/BobbyBoxcutter/library/FS-FT?page=1

PC ~ Tomlinson, Calvin, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner BUCS~Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Sapp, Doug Martin, Mark Barron, Lavonte David
skChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Panzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 301
Default

WOW BLOCKED
__________________
Roger Maris 61 in 61
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
VWBUS1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SOUTH JERSEY
Posts: 5,717
Default

when in doubt, order from Blowout.
__________________
the fact that we exist, in a universe of sheer randomness, is scientific proof that there are aliens.
we are the aliens.
i can say that with 100% accuracy.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skChamp View Post
I had never had problems before & got my pre-orders pretty darn quick. So, thought I was safe ordering multiple cases this go around. I'm thinking she just got in over her head or something, some of the others got their cases of the same product, but others didn't. I don't really think her initial intent was to screw people over. I hope not anyway.
I hope that is the case. I pm'd her and she said she set her page and feedback to private because she had competitors shilling her auctions. She also said she would ship out my order on the 30th which is the release date.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I hope that is the case. I pm'd her and she said she set her page and feedback to private because she had competitors shilling her auctions. She also said she would ship out my order on the 30th which is the release date.
Good luck, based on what has been on here and the similar thread on the football side I wouldn't get your hopes up.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 28,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I hope that is the case. I pm'd her and she said she set her page and feedback to private because she had competitors shilling her auctions. She also said she would ship out my order on the 30th which is the release date.
Yeah, don't get your hopes up...
__________________
D2R: Pervert extraordinaire & connoisseur of the finest 80's porn. ALWAYS rocking the banana hammock with an umbrella in my drink...so hide the wives cuz here I come!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #58 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,019
Default

Reminds me of this:

Quote:
I first bought a case on eBay from blowout. That led me to the forums. I lurked for awhile. Then I bought a few cases of cards from mama_bear** and fivestarky - this got me to start posting on BO.

One of my earliest posts: Case prices...how??? - Page 6 - Blowout Cards Forums
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
GOWIFB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I hope that is the case. I pm'd her and she said she set her page and feedback to private because she had competitors shilling her auctions. She also said she would ship out my order on the 30th which is the release date.
Yea I dunno....I would be very wary of this person. If I were you I would first just double check to make sure I dont miss out on the timeframe to file a paypal claim if needed. I would also suggest video taping when you open the package if in fact you get one. Have heard stories of people sending empty boxes or boxes just filled with random cards rather than what is supposed to be in them. They do that so they have a delivery confirmation # and can try to claim to paypal that the buyer is scamming them
__________________
Collecting 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Patches and anything Wisconsin!

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Martinez, GA
Posts: 2,504
Default

This is 100% bad for anyone who hasn't got their stuff yet. Competitors shilling auctions is the stupidest reason I've ever heard for making feedback private. What does that even mean??? Why would that make you make your feedback private? I guarantee every single one of those negatives is for not delivering product.

If any thinks this seller is legit, I have some Big Baller Lots to sell you.

Last edited by danimal; 01-17-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Insert Haiku Reference.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,590
Default

Opened a case in the resolution center to get my money back. I received an eBay security message today suggesting I open a case. I have no idea what is going on with this seller.

Edit: Wow, just checked, she's no longer a registered user. So does that mean she wont issue a refund and eBay will have to step in?

Last edited by Davesportscards; 01-18-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Opened a case in the resolution center to get my money back. I received an eBay security message today suggesting I open a case. I have no idea what is going on with this seller.
Houdini nailed it ... and as other have already said ... I think it's pretty clear. She built up a reputation, then probably took several hundred cases' worth of pre-orders and is trying to keep the money.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Houdini nailed it ... and as other have already said ... I think it's pretty clear. She built up a reputation, then probably took several hundred cases' worth of pre-orders and is trying to keep the money.
Sounds like it. I opened a case but now she is no longer a registered user. Does that mean she wont be issuing a refund willingly and eBay will have step in?
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 28,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Sounds like it. I opened a case but now she is no longer a registered user. Does that mean she wont be issuing a refund willingly and eBay will have step in?
Not sure but you should be able to get your money back from Paypal regardless. You should be protected.
__________________
D2R: Pervert extraordinaire & connoisseur of the finest 80's porn. ALWAYS rocking the banana hammock with an umbrella in my drink...so hide the wives cuz here I come!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Default

I too had the same issue. I've ordered cases from her in the past and got them promptly, then I pre-ordered a bunch of 2012 bowman sterling cases for around $1600 each and never received them. When I contacted her, she said she got the run around from her suppliers and couldn't deliver them. She ended up refunding my money so I guess I got lucky. I had a feeling it was too good of a price but figured if she was buying them wholesale she might just be making a quick small profit.

On a related note, I pre-ordered more 2012 Bowman sterling from ebay user: mrcardguy for $235 a box and never received them either despite all his glowing reviews. It is past the buyer protection time now, so I'm probably screwed on those. Anyone know anything about him? He seems to have stopped selling on ebay too.
Goryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Yea I dunno....I would be very wary of this person. If I were you I would first just double check to make sure I dont miss out on the timeframe to file a paypal claim if needed. I would also suggest video taping when you open the package if in fact you get one. Have heard stories of people sending empty boxes or boxes just filled with random cards rather than what is supposed to be in them. They do that so they have a delivery confirmation # and can try to claim to paypal that the buyer is scamming them
Thanks for the info, IF (big if lol) I ended up actually receiving the shipment, I had planned on recording the opening of the package(s) in case she tried to pull that crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
This is 100% bad for anyone who hasn't got their stuff yet. Competitors shilling auctions is the stupidest reason I've ever heard for making feedback private. What does that even mean??? Why would that make you make your feedback private? I guarantee every single one of those negatives is for not delivering product.

If any thinks this seller is legit, I have some Big Baller Lots to sell you.
I do not at all believe that was the reason she changed her feedback to private. I had been checking her page and everything was fine one day... which is how I knew she had shipped at least 2 cases since there was positive feedback for those items. 2 days later I checked again and she had 8 new negative feedbacks and changed it to private. She had also removed her listings.

On a side note of getting ripped off, avoid "CANDYCANE28570." I ordered a box of TT over 2 weeks ago and it hasn't shipped. Checked feedback today, a bunch of new negatives for the same product... "item never shipped, no communication, etc."
__________________
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/BobbyBoxcutter/library/FS-FT?page=1

PC ~ Tomlinson, Calvin, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner BUCS~Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Sapp, Doug Martin, Mark Barron, Lavonte David
skChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,590
Default

Updated op.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,362
Default

Update 1/22-Sadie2703 disputed the case which resulted in ebay ruling in my favor, I have been issued a refund.

On what possible basis could she have disputed? She seems basket case crazy to me and I have to wonder how the same person could have been such a professional and prompt seller and then turned into such a flake. Almost seems like someone else took over her account. Having said that, I saw this coming when you first posted and at least you have recovered your money.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Tugarpj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Detroit....well close enough
Posts: 5,338
Default

She got in over her head and handled it poorly.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.