Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,596
Default Anyone know ebay seller sadie2703??

Might be the wrong section, but I'll try here. I pre-order quite a bit from sadie2703, just recently pre-ordered 2013 Topps Series 1 Hobby. $54.95 shipped. I have never had a problem with pre-orders from her. Well I logged into ebay today to check her other auctions and noticed her feedback went down from 100% after over 4000 transactions to 99.9% (received 8 negs). Feedback has been set to private and all her items (a couple thousand) have been ended early?? Anyone know this seller and if so what happened? I'm thinking of messaging them through ebay about my order, a little worried about it now.

Update 1/22-Sadie2703 disputed the case which resulted in ebay ruling in my favor, I have been issued a refund.

Last edited by Davesportscards; 01-22-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,230
Default

sounds like a ponzi scheme about to go boom
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,487
Default

I thought if you sell on ebay you can't make your feedback private...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 3,994
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

she bought a bunch of stuff off me over the summer. never had a problem
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
she bought a bunch of stuff off me over the summer. never had a problem
Yeah, I see she buys as well (even buys into group breaks). I have ordered from her at least a dozen times and never had a problem. Always satisfied with the service and lightning fast shipping of hobby boxes. Just kind of worried about my pre-order now...
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
GOWIFB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,810
Default

I would be very careful buying pre-sell items on ebay. Problem is if they are many months ahead of the release date the person could back out and you may not have any recourse as you only have a certain amount of time to ask for your money back on a transaction. How long ago did you preorder this item? As someone said it might be a ponzi scheme gone bad. This has happened with other ebay sellers who presell a bunch of boxes/cases
__________________
Collecting 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Patches and anything Wisconsin!

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 3,994
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Yeah, I see she buys as well (even buys into group breaks). I have ordered from her at least a dozen times and never had a problem. Always satisfied with the service and lightning fast shipping of hobby boxes. Just kind of worried about my pre-order now...
I mean, she could have sold 8 separate cards to the same person that got pissed off about something and left 8 negs at the same time, resulting in some sort of suspension.

Go with your gut. If you think it's dicey, get your money back and buy somewhere else.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Might be the wrong section, but I'll try here. I pre-order quite a bit from sadie2703, just recently pre-ordered 2013 Topps Series 1 Hobby. $54.95 shipped. I have never had a problem with pre-orders from her. Well I logged into ebay today to check her other auctions and noticed her feedback went down from 100% after over 4000 transactions to 99.9% (received 8 negs). Feedback has been set to private and all her items (a couple thousand) have been ended early?? Anyone know this seller and if so what happened? I'm thinking of messaging them through ebay about my order, a little worried about it now.
I have been debating starting a thread about this seller. I preordered two cases of Sterling at a very good price and paid immediately. I contacted seller a couple of times before release date and had good communication each time. This is where the problems started. From the 19th (day of Sterling release) until 1/10 I got a string of excuses and no cards and no tracking. Everything from during this period due to weather and holidays there were only five possible shipping days (refused to answer why none of those 5 days were used) to my son is in the hospital. The fact that there were only five possible days was a lie in itself as I ordered a ton of things during that window and received them too. Seller also refused to answer direct questions.

I had no idea that there was only a 60 day window for negative feedback but the seller sure did. Told me my items would definately go out on day X. When that day came and no tracking, I tried to leave negative feedback and contact Ebay. I was told to pack sand as I was outside my protection window and feedback window. Seller also now started being belligerant knowing full well that Ebay would not help.

I contacted Paypal and they saw my extensive history through them with no issues. Even though I was outside of my protection window, based on my good history and the fact that seller never gave tracking they ruled in my favor.

Bottom line is that I got my money back but I did not want the money, I wanted my cases. I passed over other good deals to lock in with this seller and now the ship has sailed.

I normally would not preorder this large of an item with a seller unknown to me but their feedback was perfect which I now know how they keep it this way, by stalling to the point where negative feedback can't be left. I have learned a lot through this episode.

Last edited by jmscoggin; 01-16-2013 at 04:20 PM.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
I would be very careful buying pre-sell items on ebay. Problem is if they are many months ahead of the release date the person could back out and you may not have any recourse as you only have a certain amount of time to ask for your money back on a transaction. How long ago did you preorder this item? As someone said it might be a ponzi scheme gone bad. This has happened with other ebay sellers who presell a bunch of boxes/cases
I always make sure my pre-orders are within the 45 day range. I never pre-order an item more than 3 weeks earlier than the release date. I pre-ordered it on Jan 11th. That's the weird thing, she has sold TONS of cases and boxes, always pre-order, and never had an issue. I buy most of my boxes from ebay, ordered a box from her for the first time in May 2012 and I never left so to say. Heck, she even put up a listing for a pre-order of 2012 Bowman Chrome specifically for me after I asked her if she would be selling loose boxes because she was only listing cases of it at the time. Should I message her?
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I have been debating starting a thread about this seller. I preordered two cases of Sterling at a very good price and paid immediately. I contacted seller a couple of times before release date and had good communication each time. This is where the problems started. From the 19th (day of Sterling release) until 1/10 I got a string of excuses and no cards and no tracking. Everything from during this period due to weather and holidays there were only five possible shipping days (refused to answer why none of those 5 days were used) to my son is in the hospital. The fact that there were only five possible days was a lie in itself as I ordered a ton of things during that window and received them too. Seller also refused to answer direct questions.

I had no idea that there was only a 60 day window for negative feedback but the seller sure did. Told me my items would definately go out on day X. When that day came and no tracking, I tried to leave negative feedback and contact Ebay. I was told to pack sand as I was outside my protection window and feedback window. Seller also now started being belligerant knowing full well that Ebay would not help.

I contacted Paypal and they saw my extensive history through them with no issues. Even though I was outside of my protection window, based on my good history and the fact that seller never gave tracking they ruled in my favor.

Bottom line is that I got my money back but I did not want the money, I wanted my cases. I passed over other good deals to lock in with this seller and now the ship has sailed.

I normally would not preorder this large of an item with a seller unknown to me but their feedback was perfect which I now know how they keep it this way, by stalling to the point where negative feedback can't be left. I have learned a lot through this episode.
My jaw literally dropped reading this. Like I mentioned above, I've been buying from her since May 2012. I was so impressed with the shipping, packaging, and price that I never left! Never had a reason to worry until now But JUST IN CASE, I've never pre-ordered more than 3 weeks prior to a products release.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I always make sure my pre-orders are within the 45 day range. I never pre-order an item more than 3 weeks earlier than the release date. I pre-ordered it on Jan 11th. That's the weird thing, she has sold TONS of cases and boxes, always pre-order, and never had an issue. I buy most of my boxes from ebay, ordered a box from her for the first time in May 2012 and I never left so to say. Heck, she even put up a listing for a pre-order of 2012 Bowman Chrome specifically for me after I asked her if she would be selling loose boxes because she was only listing cases of it at the time. Should I message her?
I am more than happy to forward/post the Ebay messages if you like. I am still furious about losing my cases and almost my money. Not sure why she would go from being a solid Ebayer to not but stranger things have happened.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,404
Default

As I mentioned, I was unaware of the 45 and 60 day windows but it was obvious in our communication and her delaying (hindsight) that she was. I had ordered 3 weeks prior to release but the stalling tactics took it past the windows. Very obvious through messages that was her intent.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
As I mentioned, I was unaware of the 45 and 60 day windows but it was obvious in our communication and her delaying (hindsight) that she was. I had ordered 3 weeks prior to release but the stalling tactics took it past the windows. Very obvious through messages that was her intent.
Should I contact ebay asap and get a refund? I just ordered it on Jan 11th.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I am more than happy to forward/post the Ebay messages if you like. I am still furious about losing my cases and almost my money. Not sure why she would go from being a solid Ebayer to not but stranger things have happened.
Yes, I'd like to see them.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Yes, I'd like to see them.
Have to go pick my daughter up from school. Will be back shortly and will try to figure out how to post the thread. Will copy/paste work?
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Have to go pick my daughter up from school. Will be back shortly and will try to figure out how to post the thread. Will copy/paste work?
Yeah that should work, thank you.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Should I contact ebay asap and get a refund? I just ordered it on Jan 11th.
If you have used her before and are in the protection window it's up to you. I would not hold out hope that anything is coming and based on my experience would request a refund now. They will be able to see my complaint I imagine and the notes that hopefully were left. Based on what you are saying about her listings being ended I'm betting that I wasn't the only one screwed and the pyramid has been toppled.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
If you have used her before and are in the protection window it's up to you. I would not hold out hope that anything is coming and based on my experience would request a refund now. They will be able to see my complaint I imagine and the notes that hopefully were left. Based on what you are saying about her listings being ended I'm betting that I wasn't the only one screwed and the pyramid has been toppled.
I have until Feb. 24th I believe, ordered Jan. 11th. I'm going to be on pins and needles until day of release. Did she provide you with tracking at all?
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
edclay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2,036
Default

I've bought and sold to them, no problems. The case prices at times seem to good to be true, Sterling Baseball $1595.00, Topps Series 1 $475.00. I bought a case of Draft for $600 and I received it on time.
edclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,596
Default

I'm considering sending her this message...should I?

"I noticed your feedback has been set to private and your auctions have all been ended. I've been in contact with some others who have recently ordered from you, one of which said he never received his case of sterling. I'm a little worried about my pre-order now. Would it be in each of our best interests for me to receive a refund? I have ordered from you numerous times in the past and have always been satisfied with the service, shipping and prices. Thanks."
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edclay View Post
I've bought and sold to them, no problems. The case prices at times seem to good to be true, Sterling Baseball $1595.00, Topps Series 1 $475.00. I bought a case of Draft for $600 and I received it on time.
This is like Mamabear all over again. Imac is dead on with his comment about a possible ponzi scheme.

The seller would be losing money after fees and shipping on the above prices. Series 1 would net her about $400. No incentive to pre-sell at a loss unless you are "borrowing" money to cover current releases, which I guess is how a ponzi scheme works anyway only at some point the seller dips out with a stash of money.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I have until Feb. 24th I believe, ordered Jan. 11th. I'm going to be on pins and needles until day of release. Did she provide you with tracking at all?
No, nothing at all. Trying to get the messages over now. She never intended to send the items. Even when I contacted Paypal I told them I wanted the items first and foremost and a refund only as a last resort. When they contacted her she refused to send and told them she would do a refund only if forced. Paypal notes indicate that refund was done per seller. I addressed this with her and she refused to answer it. I even gave her the opportunity to still sell me the items and she refused.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,667
Default

"Mamabear" did the same thing a few years back. Super low prices on pre-order cases and she filled all orders. Once she built up a decent rep she pulled out and walked off with thousands of dollars. Just make sure you are safe and within the window.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,404
Default

For the record my 8 box case of Sterling was $1595 and the 4 box was $799 and both were bin's. She never intended to ship at those prices. I knew they were low but due to her feedback and Paypal protection I bought anyway.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
For the record my 8 box case of Sterling was $1595 and the 4 box was $799 and both were bin's. She never intended to ship at those prices. I knew they were low but due to her feedback and Paypal protection I bought anyway.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I think Sterling was the same product mamabear jumped ship on. She was delivering all of her BC and BDPP orders which were sold well below cost and then when the "high end" came out, she bailed with the money. It was the perfect setup. The buyers who received their BDPP at $600 made out well while the Sterling people got hosed.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.