Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #51 (permalink)

Got a shipping notice 3 weeks ago on a Matt Moore Five Star relic auto. When punched into usps it still shows it hasn't shipped....
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #52 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
I am going to complain:

MONTHS they have said Will Middlebrooks has signed all his cards, MONTHS ago, so last month I get the late notice on the Finest, I keep asking Topps they say its a numbering issue. 3 weeks ago, Topps Support rudely tweets me to be patient on this!

He has had MULTIPLE autos in other products and even redemptions come back, but they are taking 4+ months for numbering?

Absolutely disgraceful

Also, I requested replacements for 2 cards 2 weeks ago, has anything shipped or come yet? OF COURSE NOT!
I'm waiting on the same middlebrooks finest autos. Perhaps I can ease your pain by offering to sell you Red Sox season tickets?

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #53 (permalink)

Asked today for a Five Star card replacement for a TTT Jacob Turner auto overdue redemption. I'll prolly end up with Griffey...senior...
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #54 (permalink)

2010 Triple Threads Ian Kinsler Emerald AU
2010 Bowman Platinum Kyle Wieland Ref AU
2011 Triple Threads Pedro Alvarez AU
2011 Marquee Ian Kinsler Acclaimed Impressions Dual Relic AU
2011 Triple Threads Larry Walker/Carlos Gonzalez/Ubaldo Jimenez Sapphire Relic AU

2010 wooooooooooooooooo!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #55 (permalink)

Here is my tweet...

https://twitter.com/deakonsdad/statu...57809567301633
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #56 (permalink)

I only have one, and there is no due date. I'm coming up on the year anniversary of it. plenty of stickers have gone out for the same guy but no on cards like the one i'm owed. there are only 15 copies so I say good luck to them getting a BV for replacement if I really ever decided to do that
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #57 (permalink)

I've requested replacements for most of mine. Still waiting on my Bowman Platinum Anthony Rendon Red Refractor #/25 and base refractor autos. Tweeted Topps a few weeks back and they said the signing hasn't even been scheduled yet. Product came out in July and they don't even have the session scheduled. With baseball season coming, that's gonna get even harder to do.....

America is clearly wheezing its last ethical gasps.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
And now the discussion begins...

https://twitter.com/deakonsdad/statu...57809567301633
Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
That is how you make a difference. If they aren't capable of fulfilling obligations to their customers on their own, then SHAME them into doing it. Hope some others follow suit. Waiting on them to respond to mine

Old 01-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #60 (permalink)

Here is my tweet to James Paxton a while back... He didn't know either.

https://twitter.com/deakonsdad/statu...21176958201858
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I'm waiting on the same middlebrooks finest autos. Perhaps I can ease your pain by offering to sell you Red Sox season tickets?
Never. Again.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #62 (permalink)

Hey,

after reading this thread I went to check on my redemptions and just noticed my 2012 Topps Tier One Willie Mays /10 silver auto finally "shipped". The last time I checked it was pending (at least over a week ago). What is the tracking number good for (I recently moved across the country and just changed my address on the Topps redemption site). I'm worried about the card getting lost.

Here are my remaining outstanding redemptions:

2012 Bowman Platinum Anthony Rendon Refractor Auto
2012 Bowman Sterling Addison Russell Refractor Auto x2
2012 Topps Chrome Josh Hamilton Rookie Buyback Auto /10 (this one is killing me as its a "remake" of my favorite card ever 1999 Hamilton and I paid $600 for the redemption 5 months ago. I'd love to know when I'm going to be receiving this card)
neahcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neahcrow View Post
Hey,

after reading this thread I went to check on my redemptions and just noticed my 2012 Topps Tier One Willie Mays /10 silver auto finally "shipped". The last time I checked it was pending (at least over a week ago). What is the tracking number good for (I recently moved across the country and just changed my address on the Topps redemption site). I'm worried about the card getting lost.

Here are my remaining outstanding redemptions:

2012 Bowman Platinum Anthony Rendon Refractor Auto
2012 Bowman Sterling Addison Russell Refractor Auto x2
2012 Topps Chrome Josh Hamilton Rookie Buyback Auto /10 (this one is killing me as its a "remake" of my favorite card ever 1999 Hamilton and I paid $600 for the redemption 5 months ago. I'd love to know when I'm going to be receiving this card)
the number you see on the redemption website isn't a tracking number...............
Old 01-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
the number you see on the redemption website isn't a tracking number...............
Correct. It's usually a registered or certified number, so it'll typiclly only update the day they attempt to deliver it.

And when your card marks as "shipped", it doesn't necessarily mean it shipped, it just means they printed your label and packaged the card. They let mail accumulate until they have enough to qualify for a bulk discount, or so I was told by a Topps rep months ago. He said it typically takes 2 or 3 weeks to accumulate enough.....

Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #65 (permalink)

Too busy pushing 2013 topps to care about anything that we already spent money on.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Too busy pushing 2013 topps to care about anything that we already spent money on.
That's what they try to do, obviously. But they do often respond to the criticism and they'll have no choice but to respond if enough people bitch at them. I'm not sure why card collectors are a subset of people so willing to take it up the ass and only willing to complain to each other. There's a Topps bigwig behind their Twitter account, and I guarantee he lets his employees know how sick and tired he is of people complaining on their public forum

Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #67 (permalink)

DITTO DITTO DITTO

I have had over 15 redemptions waiting for over 8 months....
One that I sent in the mail, they said they never received.
I made copies of it, and sent it to them two months ago and haven't heard anything.
The problem is that I have about twenty unscratched redemptions that I'm getting ready to add to my account.
These are all 2011 lineage redemptions.
TOPPS IS IN WAY OVER THEIR HEAD!!!

IT'S NICE TO SEE THEIR OCCASIONAL EMAIL:
i JUST CUT AND PASTED ONE OF THEM.

"Dear Consumer.

This email is to inform you that the Topps Company is currently beyond the 15 week processing time allocated for the following redemption card:

PIN #: Product: Card/Player Name
LBBL6ZZ9XW Linage Ed Erautt - Autograph Canary

Our staff is working diligently to process and ship your redemption card as soon as possible. Please continue to check your Online Redemption account for updates regarding the status of your card.

If you no longer wish to wait for the redemption card, please contact our Consumer Relations team in order to place a substitution request for a card of equal Beckett value.

Do not hesitate to contact our Consumer Relations department via phone at 1-800-489-9149 or via email at support@etopps.com for assistance. A consumer relations representative will be available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30 pm (ET).

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
The Topps Company, Inc. "

JUST RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of the replacements they sent me didn't even compare to what I sent them..
IE Auto canary /10 they replaced it with a card /60 that I don't even collect!!!!!!!
They have done this several times!
liv2mow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #68 (permalink)

Whoa...if I read some of the posts correctly, Topps is selling, and promoting, product in which the signee's are not even aware that they're suppose to be signing?

If that is the case, something about is REALLY fishy/wrong.....
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedliquids View Post
Whoa...if I read some of the posts correctly, Topps is selling, and promoting, product in which the signee's are not even aware that they're suppose to be signing?

If that is the case, something about is REALLY fishy/wrong.....
Correct, and it seems to be happening with a lot more regularity.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #70 (permalink)

Too many frivolous lawsuits being filed every day ... this one seems quite legit for a class action. Topps continues to promote and sell product based of a checklist, and then uses a 'bait and switch' technique. Get people to buy because particular players have autos, and never intend to get them to sign. They sound liable to me. Why not just include the word *redemption next to a players name on a checklist? Why not just get this (#(!#@(ing done before they release a set? Why just exclude that player from the set before launching it?

Too many questions, not enough answers.

Personally, I have more than 90 outstanding redemptions (but all from 2012 chrome and draft, so nothing terribly outdated).
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #71 (permalink)

Okay, well, this proposes a different problem, doesn't it?

I'm not a Topps 5 star member (nor do I wish to be), and nor do I hate Topps - but this is overall super fishy. I understand there's a chance that Paxton wasn't aware of signing any cards because, well, who knows? Maybe his agent or manager forgot to tell him or the agent/manager is working directly through Topps and Paxton wasn't aware of it - as of yet.

Just a thought.

But on the surface, there are players that were not aware of signing cards as I'm sure if they signed for Topps, we're talking about nearly 1000 signatures and I'm confident NO ONE would forget an experience like that. So what gives?

Now I'm inclined to message a few players to ask them if they remember signing their cards and if they don't....well now, that's a whole other can of worms (as in, there ARE signed cards on the market, but the player doesn't recall ever signing them)
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #72 (permalink)

Well I thought this thread was as good a place as any. received some replacements today and think it was not up to par. Normally I'm good with value but these are all of prospects I haven't really researched.

Had these;

2012 Bowman Platinum Blue refractor auto Tyrell Jenkins - they sent 2012 Bowman Platinum auto non refractor Kyle Parker

2012 Bowman Platinum auto Tyrell Jenkins - they sent 2011 Bowman Chrome auto Yordy Cabrera

Jenkins seems to have much better upside although he is high risk/reward than Parker. I wouldn't have as much issue with this one if they sent a blue refractor version of Parker but they didn't. Yordy does not project anywhere near Jenkins upside but Chrome is better than Platinum. My thoughts are that both are going back but would like to hear other opinions. I've never sent replacements back so no idea how that would turn out.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #73 (permalink)

Jenkins replacements eh? I requested them 3 weeks ago and didnt get anything yet, scares me now to think what they might be.

I am gonna send them back if I get a Yordy and just say I am gonna wait for Tyrell who is all about signing on Twitter