Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Reds Caravan Autos. Billy Hamilton!!

Hit up the Reds Caravan in lexington on sunday and here is what I came out with.

Todd Frazier Bowman Chrome Gold refractor RC. My fiance handed him this and he said nice Bowman Chrome Gold refractor. Man I look good in Gold. One of these I got autod last year at a reds game. Would be willing to trade one for other reds stuff.

2 Billy Hamilton Balls signed. Not sure why they wouldnt sign on the sweet spot.

2 Louisvill slugger bats. One signed by Frazier the other by Hamilton.

Jeff Brantley signed ball and card

Reds Flag signed by Dick Williams, Jim Kelch, and Joe Zerhusen
scurvey90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm just a big baseball fan in general and in no way a Reds specific fan, but those red bats with silver etching and silver sigs are absolute beauties!
stockdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks! They are really nice. Billy held the bat up like he was going to swing it an said I think I'm gonna keep this and use it this year. Then frazier chimed in he thought the same thing. Pretty cool getting to talk to them like that. Both are top notch cool dudes to talk to.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Did you ask them to sign on the sweet spot? most players don't unless asked.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah I asked. I know a guy on here handed jay Bruce a pen and asked to sign on the sweet spot. And he signed it with a sharpie and not on the sweet spot. Maybe that's the reds problem! They don't know where the sweet spot is.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've seen other examples of Billy signing on the sweetspot from the Reds Caravan, maybe he didn't hear you?

However, I know for a fact that Bruce has some sort of contract with a company that won't allow him to sweetspot any balls.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Love the "I look good in gold" line. I love players that have a sense of humor and aren't just going through the motions. I myself wouldn't have used a gold but that is another story. Nice pieces and good memories gained.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Todd Frazier is so nice. A true class act.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohlernr View Post
However, I know for a fact that Bruce has some sort of contract with a company that won't allow him to sweetspot any balls.
Things like this are dumb. I wouldn't agree to something like this if I were a pro athlete in any sport. Jay makes more than enough to get by on his Reds contract so the extra whatever he's getting to avoid signing on the sweet spot is sort of petty.

I won't say who but I watched a hockey player refuse to sign a mini helmet for a kid who looked like he was about 10 or so. Told him he couldn't but said he'd sign something else. The kid was disappointed and it was evident that this player felt like crap about it and judging by the look on his face was probably rethinking his decision to agree to not sign mini helmets.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

What happen to the pics? I went to the one in ashland. Didnt make it to lex. But it was an awesome time.

I DON'T HOLD CARDS...FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
I DON'T SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE US.
Bengals4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Did you ask them to sign on the sweet spot? most players don't unless asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvey90 View Post
Yeah I asked. I know a guy on here handed jay Bruce a pen and asked to sign on the sweet spot. And he signed it with a sharpie and not on the sweet spot. Maybe that's the reds problem! They don't know where the sweet spot is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohlernr View Post
I've seen other examples of Billy signing on the sweetspot from the Reds Caravan, maybe he didn't hear you?

Jay Bruce has a contract that WILL not let him sweet spot a baseball. Billy Hamilton might have something like that as well.

When Jay was in AA, I asked him to sweet spot and he told me he couldn't because of a contract.

Remember Matt LaPorta?? He refused to sign anything except for a baseball.... And he had to personalize it to you.

Some players agents :cough cough Scott Boras cough cough: make players put stipulations like that in their contracts.
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeskey45 View Post
Jay Bruce has a contract that WILL not let him sweet spot a baseball. Billy Hamilton might have something like that as well.

When Jay was in AA, I asked him to sweet spot and he told me he couldn't because of a contract.

Remember Matt LaPorta?? He refused to sign anything except for a baseball.... And he had to personalize it to you.

Some players agents :cough cough Scott Boras cough cough: make players put stipulations like that in their contracts.
Didnt know he had that in his contract. I guess professional athlete contracts have a lot more in them than I realized. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

Them bats are awesome!!!! And 2 bham balls.....billy wrote on twitter sat night "anything to do in lex"? I told him to go to platinum lol.

I DON'T HOLD CARDS...FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
I DON'T SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE US.
Bengals4life is offline   Reply With Quote