Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract

Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Who couldn't see this coming from a mile away?
Bluemarlin528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

What a douche. Jose Canseco Jr! I hope they succeed, he'll be playing in the California Penal League with Rick 'Wild Thing' Vaughn!

He'll be free to take roids and sleeves will be optional.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

No doubt, Jose Canseco #2 is the 1st thing that came to my mind too.
Bluemarlin528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

The success of the New York Yankees Franchise in the next five years lies in the balance. What a dream it would be to void the terrible Aroid deal. Since I am a Yankees hater, I hope it never happens.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

I hate the Yankees with a Passion. But I hope they succeed for the sake of baseball. This would push players away from the juice for sure.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

I don't see the Yankees succeeding in this, the MLBPA would step in and try to prevent it.
Djameson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

No way this happens, but good for them for trying

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Kudos to the Yankees for trying...unfortunately it will never happen
Unemployed 30-40 year old white suburban window licker who hasn't been laid in years but makes up for in compulsive masturbation. Addictive personality who may have just quit drugs and substitutes with wax and internet chat forums. Antisocial behavior in which he rarely leaves the house to socialize. Financially still supported by his parents. Total loser.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djameson79 View Post
I don't see the Yankees succeeding in this, the MLBPA would step in and try to prevent it.
I'm not saying this to be argumentative, but why would the MLBPA step in to try and prevent this? I don't know how interlinked MLB and the MLBPA are, but if A-Rod broke the rules that the MLB is trying so hard to enforce, why would the MLBPA want to stop the Yankees from voiding his contract?

If the MLBPA is only to protect the players and doesn't care about PEDs then that's the answer, I just don't know.
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
I'm not saying this to be argumentative, but why would the MLBPA step in to try and prevent this? I don't know how interlinked MLB and the MLBPA are, but if A-Rod broke the rules that the MLB is trying so hard to enforce, why would the MLBPA want to stop the Yankees from voiding his contract?

If the MLBPA is only to protect the players and doesn't care about PEDs then that's the answer, I just don't know.
MLBPA would step in if he was punished by the league and the Yankees try to void his contract, they would say that he was being punished twice for the same offense.

If he simply retires due to injury, insurance would cover most of the contract.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

He's gonna lay down this year for sure after hearing about the Yankees trying to void him.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default A big part of the deal...

Arod sold himself as a player who would end up making millions for the team by hitting 600, then 700 homers, etc. A lot of why he was paid so highly was that the Yankees would make their money back in promotions, media attention, and increased viewership for the YES Network.

They could have an argument that they were defrauded.

IMHO,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

As an angels fan, I remember a lot of people laughing and talking trash about the angels, when they signed GMJ. There were rumors about the angels trying to void the contract and everyone just slammed the angels for signing him.

The yankees knew arod was a POS when they re-signed him. They had to have known, or been hearing he was using, and they still signed him. As someone said, it would be great for mlb to get some power and be able to do this and make a statement, but it won't happen. The owners need to quit paying these guys they know are cheating and then they would stop killing their teams. No fans were complaining about arod or voiding him when he hit the late inning HR a few years ago off the angels and then took them to the series.

This isn't yankee hate, to me, arod has been a POS his whole career. I would be shocked if arod and manny weren't cheating in HS. Arod should do us all a favor and retire and quit embarrassing the game that made him. His whole career has been a lie and all about himself. If he was a class guy, like a jeter, people would be a little more forgiving of one mistake. But even jeter wouldn't be forgiven multiple times.
gmsieb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsieb View Post
The yankees knew arod was a POS when they re-signed him.
He was signed to his new contract after a season in which he scored 143 Runs, had 156 RBIs, hit 54 HRs, and won the MVP.

Personally he might have been a POS, but he sure was hitting the ball.
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

My point was, that they must have known he was cheating or heard rumors, yet still signed him. They didn't want to void his contract when he was hitting, but now that he is falling apart, they are ready to drop him. That's the price you pay.
gmsieb is online now   Reply With Quote