Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASEBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/)
-   -   Nelson Cruz & Gio Gonzalez (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/442745-nelson-cruz-gio-gonzalez.html)

Ziveus101 01-30-2013 01:59 AM

Nelson Cruz & Gio Gonzalez

At this point it's no secret that some players juice. These two names have come up recently and there's speculation that they used PEDs.

Do [I]you[/I] think they use PEDs?

Thommy 01-30-2013 02:01 AM

Unfair question, maybe I think one did and the other didn't.

Ziveus101 01-30-2013 02:14 AM

Why did I have to separate them? Their names came up at the same time.
What makes one of these two anymore "guilty" than the other?

refuse24 01-30-2013 02:32 AM

It's hard to say untill more facts come out.

BigEd 01-30-2013 02:33 AM

No offense to the OP, but does it really matter what I think? There are only two possibilities - one or both has taken PEDs or neither has taken them. If one or both has taken PEDs, then I hope they are caught and punished for breaking the rules. No one has all the information, so I don't think its fair to jump to any conclusions yet. I say save the opinions for when the hard evidence comes out.

Ziveus101 01-30-2013 02:37 AM

[QUOTE=BigEd;4141737]No offense to the OP, but does it really matter what I think?[/QUOTE]

No offense taken, and TBH I don't care what people think.
I just wanted to see if people are as matter-of-fact about their opinions on these two now as they are with Braun.

VeedonFleece 01-30-2013 02:42 AM

Braun failed a test, these two haven't.

BigEd 01-30-2013 02:42 AM

[QUOTE=Ziveus101;4141747]No offense taken, and [B]TBH I don't care what people think.[/B]
I just wanted to see if people are as matter-of-fact about their opinions on these two now as they are with Braun.[/QUOTE]

Gee, thanks! :p

Anyway, I don't have matter-of-fact opinions about any of it because its impossible to know if it really happened. Braun appealed it and won, so how can I know for sure? And if someone like Yasmani Grandal gets busted and says sorry, how do I know he's not just saying that so he can serve the suspension and move on? Its appalling and disgusting to me that players would cheat as much as its obvious they do, but I can't draw opinions on these guys without proof. There's just too much we don't know.

All that said, I'd be pretty upset if one of my favorite players was busted for PEDs. While I wouldn't be able to say for sure he broke the rules, I'd have a hard time trusting him after that.

Ziveus101 01-30-2013 03:02 AM

[QUOTE=BigEd;4141754]Gee, thanks! :p

Anyway, I don't have matter-of-fact opinions about any of it because its impossible to know if it really happened. Braun appealed it and won, so how can I know for sure? And if someone like Yasmani Grandal gets busted and says sorry, how do I know he's not just saying that so he can serve the suspension and move on? Its appalling and disgusting to me that players would cheat as much as its obvious they do, but I can't draw opinions on these guys without proof. There's just too much we don't know.

All that said, I'd be pretty upset if one of my favorite players was busted for PEDs. While I wouldn't be able to say for sure he broke the rules, I'd have a hard time trusting him after that.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I didn't mean any ill feelings with that.

You're mentality is what I expect people to have (and not too far from my own opinion, if you care what it is ;)). I mean, it's clear that some people are juicing and some people aren't. But (as I said before) I just wanted to see if people have already consider these two to be drug users now that they've been linked, kinda.

VeedonFleece 01-30-2013 03:37 AM

I guess you think they're innocent, Ziveus?

Ziveus101 01-30-2013 03:58 AM

[QUOTE=VeedonFleece;4141804]I guess you think they're innocent, Ziveus?[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly care what I think?
But since you asked I'll answer your question. Yes, I do think they're innocent.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if anyone was using something, but I have no way of knowing who is and who isn't using them. As of now those two have only been mentioned to be involved with a clinic that worked with PED users in the past so I'm giving both the benefit of the doubt and voted no on my own poll.

Will I be proved wrong in a few months from now? Maybe, and I honestly don't doubt it happening.
But I'm a firm believer of innocent until proven guilty, I have to be or else the MLB stops being fun for me.

VeedonFleece 01-30-2013 04:35 AM

Fair enough. I'm just a little surprised that somebody who thinks they're innocent would start the poll, I guess. Obviously, I saw your posts on the Braun thread so it didn't make sense that you'd think these two guilty but believe Braun was innocent.

I'm a bit conflicted myself. I want to believe A-Rod is guilty but would be disappointed if Nellie or Gio were too. As for Braun, I'm a Brewers fan/Braun collector so I'm 100% convinced he's innocent!

death2redemptions 01-30-2013 02:37 PM

GUiLTY, GUiLTY, GUiLTY!!!!

Burn in hell Gio and Cruz

Tugarpj 01-30-2013 03:02 PM

Nelson Cruz doesn't play well enogh to be guilty.

Swingman 01-30-2013 03:02 PM

[QUOTE=death2redemptions;4143939]GUiLTY, GUiLTY, GUiLTY!!!!

Burn in hell Gio and Cruz[/QUOTE]

You mad your Braves won't be going anywhere for a couple years with Nats dominating the division?

dthimesch 01-30-2013 03:03 PM

of course they have....

XL5 01-30-2013 03:05 PM

I don't know but Gio Cruz sounds like a compact car or a rock collector's vacation.

tajikey 01-30-2013 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=death2redemptions;4143939]GUiLTY, GUiLTY, GUiLTY!!!!

Burn in hell Gio and Cruz[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Swingman;4144137]You mad your Braves won't be going anywhere for a couple years with Nats dominating the division?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://cdn.overclock.net/4/47/582x386px-LL-47e8dbce_Point_over_your_head1.jpeg[/IMG]

jayjay0122 01-30-2013 03:43 PM

Has Nelson Cruz even made a statement yet about his name being on the list? I don't really think it would matter, but it's just funny that he's not even trying to defend himself. That pretty much screams guilty to me.

death2redemptions 01-30-2013 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=Swingman;4144137]You mad your Braves won't be going anywhere for a couple years with Nats dominating the division?[/QUOTE]

If Gio wasn't juicing we would have won the division last season! :D

With Gio serving his 50 days and the Braves acquiring Upton I have no worries of taking the division this year!

romad97 01-30-2013 07:32 PM

There all guilty. I find it rediculous that people think they can tell if guys are juicers by their physique or becouse they are passionate about them or just plain homers. I honestly believe that the PED use in MLB is greater than 80% of all players. I believe its even higher in football and nobody cares about the NFL juicing. Why anyone would refuse to believe that anybody never used is mind boggeling to me. Ichiro, Pujols, all these beloved baseball golden boys are all just as guilty as everyone else. Theres really only two kinds of ballplayers, those who use and those who get caught using.

chansen10 01-30-2013 08:39 PM

I'm to the point where i dont care once so ever if somebody's juicing

death2redemptions 01-30-2013 08:49 PM

----- Included in the notes was a $1,000 order for Aminorip, a muscle-building protein. However, none of the ingredients listed in Aminorip is on MLB's list of prohibited substances. On Wednesday, the Miami New Times released a new document that listed Gonzalez's name next to a list of ingredients for "pink cream," a synthetic testosterone. Testosterone is on MLB's list of prohibited substances.
General manager Mike Rizzo said in a statement: "The issue is currently being reviewed by Major League Baseball and it would be inappropriate for the Nationals to comment until that review is completed." ------

Doesn't sound good for Gio

Tugarpj 01-30-2013 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=death2redemptions;4147098]----- Included in the notes was a $1,000 order for Aminorip, a muscle-building protein. However, none of the ingredients listed in Aminorip is on MLB's list of prohibited substances. On Wednesday, the Miami New Times released a new document that listed Gonzalez's name next to a list of ingredients for "pink cream," a synthetic testosterone. Testosterone is on MLB's list of prohibited substances.
General manager Mike Rizzo said in a statement: "The issue is currently being reviewed by Major League Baseball and it would be inappropriate for the Nationals to comment until that review is completed." ------

Doesn't sound good for Gio[/QUOTE]

He's screwed. That sucks.

VWBUS1978 01-30-2013 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=death2redemptions;4147098]----- Included in the notes was a $1,000 order for Aminorip, a muscle-building protein. However, none of the ingredients listed in Aminorip is on MLB's list of prohibited substances. On Wednesday, the Miami New Times released a new document that listed Gonzalez's name next to a list of ingredients for "pink cream," a synthetic testosterone. Testosterone is on MLB's list of prohibited substances.

Doesn't sound good for Gio[/QUOTE]

to be fair, MLB cannot and will not issue suspensions based on scribbles in a notebook.
for all we know, this could be a farce by some disgruntled ex-employee.

you seem to have it out for Gio.

i hope the other 13 players include some Braves, you need something to put you back in your place.
what would you do if Chipper Jones was on this list?

i read this comment on yahoo!, thought it was funny, and it applies here as well: As I commented yesterday - if Gio gets 50 games for this, give me a notebook, a pen, and the Braves roster.

[QUOTE]Bosch’s attorney, Susy Ribero-Ayala refuted the New Times report in a statement Tuesday, saying it was “filled with inaccuracies, innuendo and misstatements” and Bosch “vehemently denies the assertions that MLB players such as Alex Rodriguez and Gio Gonzalez were treated by or associated with him.” [/QUOTE]