Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Topps Redemption/CS

So, posting this before I ever receive my replacement so this will be an honest feedback to go off of. For once I called topps and spoke with a gentleman (the first guy I have spoke with at topps I will call this) and got to a resolution on my problem with a 2011 topps Allen Ginter Jake Lamotta framed relic redemption I have wanted for some time. So, previously I was told by two females and another male (within the past 8 months) that they were still waiting on the relic, and another response was they have the relic and were waiting to make the card............ Well whoever I got today just told me strait up (answer I would prefer) "we never received the relic so we can not make the card, what can I do to help." I work in retail, so I get it, #@#@ happens just handle it when it does. Not thrilled I can not get my HOF boxer but still not disappointed because he is going to try and make it right. ( I have bashed topps CS before this experience ) I told him some of my choices : Matt Moore, Tyler Skaggs, Jackie Bradley Jr. (I am from sc). So here I am waiting the 3 weeks he told me and I will let you guys know what comes in. This doesnt have to be followed or anything just writing this so people can read the experience I have as it progresses. Cheers to whoever I got on the phone today, horrible I did not catch the name
lazygambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Was it Mike? He was cool about a big issue I had a few months ago
mikecancelliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Seriously, I do not remember and name is usually the first thing I try and stick in my head out of respect and habit because of what I do for a living. Depending on what comes in, He may just be an angel sent by topps compared to everyone else so far I have dealt with up there lol
Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

So, giving this a personal "bump" because tomorrow marks the third week since I had my conversation with topps. Which like I said was told give it up to three weeks. Hopefully, tomorrow in my mailbox there will be a nice package. I will let you guys know
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecancelliere View Post
Was it Mike? He was cool about a big issue I had a few months ago
Mike is usually the only one that can figure #@#@#@#@ out. The rest are pretty much helpless.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygambler View Post
So, giving this a personal "bump" because tomorrow marks the third week since I had my conversation with topps. Which like I said was told give it up to three weeks. Hopefully, tomorrow in my mailbox there will be a nice package. I will let you guys know
I would be shocked if you received a redemption package within 3 months - 3 weeks would be a bonus
billmendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I am waiting on the same redemption. Hopefully you get something nice as a replacement.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
So, posting this before I ever receive my replacement so this will be an honest feedback to go off of. For once I called topps and spoke with a gentleman (the first guy I have spoke with at topps I will call this) and got to a resolution on my problem with a 2011 topps Allen Ginter Jake Lamotta framed relic redemption I have wanted for some time. So, previously I was told by two females and another male (within the past 8 months) that they were still waiting on the relic, and another response was they have the relic and were waiting to make the card............ Well whoever I got today just told me strait up (answer I would prefer) "we never received the relic so we can not make the card, what can I do to help." I work in retail, so I get it, #@#@ happens just handle it when it does. Not thrilled I can not get my HOF boxer but still not disappointed because he is going to try and make it right. ( I have bashed topps CS before this experience ) I told him some of my choices : Matt Moore, Tyler Skaggs, Jackie Bradley Jr. (I am from sc). So here I am waiting the 3 weeks he told me and I will let you guys know what comes in. This doesnt have to be followed or anything just writing this so people can read the experience I have as it progresses. Cheers to whoever I got on the phone today, horrible I did not catch the name
Don't be surprised when that "2-3 weeks" becomes 6 - 8 weeks, they're WAAAAAAAAAY behind. I requested a replacement on 12/26, was told I'd have it by Jan 16th, and I am STILL waiting.

Good luck though, hope you get something nice.

America is clearly wheezing its last ethical gasps.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Dont hold your breath. Good luck!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

if you don't follow-up this will never happen, be persistent and respectful and you should get a resolution
pokerbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerbroker View Post
if you don't follow-up this will never happen, be persistent and respectful and you should get a resolution
As long as he made the request over the phone, it will happen. Just not in the timeframe that he was quoted.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks for all the follows, positive, and realistic feedback. Still hoping by a miracle it will be in the MB today, but if not I will call them tomorrow on a follow up. No one or company is perfect I get this, but when I see how many of us board members have the same consistent problems, it does get annoying. I think more of our members should track the more prolonged situations, but not to the point of overloading the site with post everyday on it, just a simple follow up. If we all keep sitting with our mouth shut, nothing will ever be done about their monopoly. This is OUR hobby, we make the decisions when and where to spend our money. I LOVE topps products, but I LOVE good looking women too. Either of them treat me like S#$@ over and over again thats my fault for not going elsewhere. Yeah topps was a little buzzed up and got moody and yelled a little bit, but now topps is drunk slapping people asking for another martini. We need to chill her out. I will rant no more lol Did not even mean to get this deep. Thanks for the good luck wishes guys and girls
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

I have all the tracking I need - I have been entering my redemptions online since it was available - I can tell you the day I redeemed it, what I actually got and what I was supposed to get. Hundreds, thousands if you include Panini Upper Deck (and good ole Fleer - that was brutal)

What the non-waiting-for-redemptions folks don't understand is that these companies do go belly up, they do make mistakes, they do purposely try to "save money" - I don't care what they do, I want my PROPERTY that I am owed, in my hands - not a bunch of letters on a website.

I don't collect codes on a webpage, I collect cards, in my hands

Quote:
Thanks for all the follows, positive, and realistic feedback. Still hoping by a miracle it will be in the MB today, but if not I will call them tomorrow on a follow up. No one or company is perfect I get this, but when I see how many of us board members have the same consistent problems, it does get annoying. I think more of our members should track the more prolonged situations, but not to the point of overloading the site with post everyday on it, just a simple follow up. If we all keep sitting with our mouth shut, nothing will ever be done about their monopoly. This is OUR hobby, we make the decisions when and where to spend our money. I LOVE topps products, but I LOVE good looking women too. Either of them treat me like S#$@ over and over again thats my fault for not going elsewhere. Yeah topps was a little buzzed up and got moody and yelled a little bit, but now topps is drunk slapping people asking for another martini. We need to chill her out. I will rant no more lol Did not even mean to get this deep. Thanks for the good luck wishes guys and girls
billmendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

I don't collect codes on a webpage, I collect cards, in my hands[/QUOTE]

Perfect
Old 02-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

I have spoken with Mike at Topps numerous times about an issue I had. The last time I spoke with him was around the end of December. He stated he had a card coming to me and I, like the OP, would have it around the 2nd-3rd week of Jan. Still no card today. I have contemplated calling again, and like someone else said, Mike is really to only one who has a clue about what is going on there!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Is there any resolution other than talking to Mike? I've had a redempion I've been waiting on for almost 6 months now. I haven't been able to talk to a live person since mid-December (maybe just calling when they are busy), so I've been leaving messages, a total of 4 in the last month or so. I haven't got a call back at all, so I'm pretty frustrated at this point. The incident case was closed, but no resolution was ever done. I was told on twitter I would get a call back yesterday, but of course never did. Does anybody know of a direct line to Topps, or another way to contact them? I wouldn't care too much, but the card has a substantial value to it, at least to me. Hopefully, everybody else has a little better luck than I have so far.
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have been, on a weekly basis, for about the last 2 months, emailing Topps about a couple of redemptions and I have never bothered to call them.

I also use the link provided in the auto-return email to update my inquiry. What I've learned are two things:

#1 - Topps probably does not EVER check for updates as I have never recieved a response

and

#2 - there's probably no more than a few people working the redemption side of customer service

When I use to do CS for an mp3 manufacturer, I would handle the troubleshooting calls. This was a large company (still is) that sold through Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc, you get the idea.

Wanna guess how many CS people provided support?

Me and another guy. For the entire US.

We were instructed to provide multiple names, up to 5, so it made it seem like they were speaking to many people when customers call.

Anyway, my point being in relations to Topps CS, it's not that I don't think no one cares, but rather the employees are at the mercy of someone with a long title that worries more about the newer released stuff than the old. I feel strongly that once a product is released, in reality if you don't have your redemption in 6 months, then the odds of you getting it decrease 10 fold. I am aware that this isn't always the case, but I am comfortable enough to say at the least, 90% of the time.
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Not sure if any of you guys that are awaiting redemptions received this, but the part I forgot to add, was I got a "15 week update" email, basically stating that I had a choice to wait for the redemption or take a replacement. Before I responded to it, the case was closed, that's when I began calling to find out what was going on. The original response said they would determine a value for the card in order to issue a replacement, but I couldn't respond since they closed the case.
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Maybe somebody knows the answer to this before I start a new thread. Once a player has signed, in my situation this would be Pat Light, does he sign all of the cards that they have for him? Or does he just sign the ones that have currently been redeemed? I know he has signed at least some of his cards because they are live on eBay now. By the end of this week, I will have a superfractor, purple, gold, blue, and several refractor and base autos of his pending. Should I expect to receive all of these at the same time?
Bradforddorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradforddorman View Post
Maybe somebody knows the answer to this before I start a new thread. Once a player has signed, in my situation this would be Pat Light, does he sign all of the cards that they have for him? Or does he just sign the ones that have currently been redeemed? I know he has signed at least some of his cards because they are live on eBay now. By the end of this week, I will have a superfractor, purple, gold, blue, and several refractor and base autos of his pending. Should I expect to receive all of these at the same time?
He signs them all. You will most likely get them in order that you redeemed them.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

According to the lady at CS today, Mike is no longer with them.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
According to the lady at CS today, Mike is no longer with them.
He set the bar too high for the other monkeys to reach.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Just called topps, put me to voicemail afetr 10 mins
Awful service
Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

Also, I've had decent luck with Vincent

Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Also, I've had decent luck with Vincent
Of everyone there this has been my experience too. He was a little cranky last week but did fix a long running problem. Not completely happy but nobody before him since August did anything at all.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote