Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I'm at first=100 games or a season.
Second=life.
Bingo..no ifs ands or buts

Let's go Orioles
DarkTiger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #27 (permalink)

I think the only way to put everyone on an equal playing field is to just allow everyone to use.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Problem is Bud is the commish. Nots not good.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n
Well wonder what happens if a Rockies player gets caught smoking pot since its legal in CO...double edge sword when compared to Singleton...
It is against the rules. It doesn't matter what the law is in an area. They can't bet on baseball even if they are in Las Vegas

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android
dbackschamp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:32 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Hahahahahahaha to people who think the NFL is clean.

Lifetime bans for first offense? Nope. Stupid. Too many anomalies that one can consume in protein shakes and other stuff.

is the latter statement some sort of joke? There is NO anomolies that can cause your testosterone to spike beyond it's natural limits, much less spike AT ALL in protein shakes.

Don't mean to call you out in particular, but the ignorance the public has in regards to PED's, fitness and nutrition in general is mind blowing. It's also the reason people eat up everything they read in regards to PED's, excuses for false positives, etc.
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziveus101 View Post
While I agree that a harsher punishment is in order, I don't think a lifetime ban is the answer. Mainly because it'll be hard to draw a line as to who gets a "pass" (for lack of a better word) for using PEDs, and by this I mean both the current players who use their craftyness to become evil geniuses (whoever they are) and the players of the late 80's/90's. It's going to be hard to justify a lifetime ban given to a player like say Yasmani Grandal when Barry Bonds & co. get to slide just because using PEDs "was the norm" back when they were playing.

Personally I think players who get caught have to face a 75 game suspension without pay and are only allowed to sign 1-year contracts that'll pay them (at most) the minor league minimum for the rest of their career. Most of the time players juice to cash in when they reach free-agency, you warn them that they'll be stripped of ever earning even what a benchplayer gets and I presume that a lot of people will stop.

Of course even if the MLB did something like step up their drug testing system or implicate harsher punishments, I doubt that people insecure about their body & talent/dumb enough to try juicing will go away completely.
Remember that we are dealing with humans, they passed a law saying that murdering other humans is illegal and yet people still get murdered everyday.
This! I wrote a paper about PED's and my suggestion was a 3 tiered suspension system without pay. And heavy, heavy fines. My main focus was that most of MLB players juice for money. So if you not only take that away, but hinder them from being able to make more, they will definitely second guess it. For some of them, using anything and getting caught, is just unfortuante but they still have millions in the bank and won't be losing it anytime soon.
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Hahahahahahaha to people who think the NFL is clean.

Lifetime bans for first offense? Nope. Stupid. Too many anomalies that one can consume in protein shakes and other stuff.
This reminds me of the time Nomar said something to the effect of---what's next testing us for Advil?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #33 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNets24 View Post
This! I wrote a paper about PED's and my suggestion was a 3 tiered suspension system without pay. And heavy, heavy fines. My main focus was that most of MLB players juice for money. So if you not only take that away, but hinder them from being able to make more, they will definitely second guess it. For some of them, using anything and getting caught, is just unfortuante but they still have millions in the bank and won't be losing it anytime soon.
Too many lawyers working for the MLPA for this to ever happen. Would need to part of the collective bargaining pact.

Then you would get the "Braun Challenges" where if the FedEx driver stopped for lunch it would contaminate the sample.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote