Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #251 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,943
Default

Can I buy the card?
__________________
God I love the basketball forum.
BostonNut is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #252 (permalink)
Member
 
Army19K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
When everyone says your wrong I guess that must mean you are right...

You sound vaguely similar to IMac
Even IMac isnt this hard headed, I pity anyone who has to deal with this person on a day to day basis, I would need a ton of alcohol for sure..........
Army19K is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #253 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 339
Default

Has anyone tried tweeting topps the picture of the card from the first post and asking if that card is the superfractor version?
dbackschamp2001 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #254 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister View Post
You do realize there is a good chance that if he has a bit of common sense that he might refuse to sign the card OR even worse you pay him to sign it and he signs just like every ttm or ip auto - a much larger auto on the card. Do you really think he will sign perfectly in the auto area for you? Not a chance. Then the card is ruined.
I explained in detail about the card and provided scans when I had contacted them about it and he said it wouldn't be a problem.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #255 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
There is no mislabeling and you can look up the card on the Beckett website and that is proof.

Card Serial Number: 0004133288
BECKETT LABELING IT /1 IS NOT PROOF!!! What are you not understanding?

Beckett Grading is a subsidiary of Beckett Media which is owned by Apprise Media.
Bowman is a brand produced by Topps Entertainment which is owned by Disney.

Unless Topps or Disney has provided you something stating you have a 1/1 or the casual observer can look at the card holdered by Beckett and see it's stamped 1/1 or a Superfractor (thereby, as the name suggests, being a 1/1) then who cares what the label says?! Beckett screwed up.

EDIT: Olds, if you're reading, can you walk over to the Beckett Grading monkeys, have them look up the grader that produced the label for this f***ing card, and if they are still employed there, punch them in the G** D*** face. Every member here would appreciate that.

Last edited by mjbuchanan80; 02-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.
mjbuchanan80 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #256 (permalink)
Member
 
bulljh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Posts: 1,541
Default

It seems like you have a bit of a catch 22 on your hands Dave. The only way for Rodriguez to sign that card is if you break it out of the case. Then you run the risk of Beckett fixing their mistake or noticing that it is a tampered card and not grading it at all. Bummer
bulljh is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #257 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scottsdale Arizona
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army19K View Post
Even IMac isnt this hard headed, I pity anyone who has to deal with this person on a day to day basis, I would need a ton of alcohol for sure..........
Oh lord, if I had to deal with Dave Peters on a day to day personal basis I would keep myself in a full blown drug coma at all time...Xanax, Percocet, Soma, Vicodin, OxyContin, Valium, Rohypnol, Klonopin, Morphine...all of it
__________________
My claim to fame was pulling the 2006 Bowman Clayton Kershaw autograph superfractor....card collecting has been down hill ever since
death2redemptions is online now  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #258 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeelvis View Post
I could care less either way but if the original owner pulled this from a pack and took the time to contact beckett about the card and received a message from topps saying to send it back and they would fix it, why in their right mind would they not do that if this was THE card to have back then? I would of much rather took the time to get what I was owed as opposed to selling a worthless card on ebay or wherever. Just saying.

continue on....
I will tell you why the original owner did not send it back. Topps offered the guy a crap replacement and they figured they could sell it for more.
The guy that owns it now is ashamed to admit he gave little to nothing for it because it is worth little to nothing.
Card companies offer crap replacements all the time I pulled a 2000 Fleer Wade Boggs 3000 Hit Club wrongback with the regular Wade Boggs 3000 hit club back and the Wade Boggs 3000 hit club front that is the game used bat/Game worn Jersey card. Fleer offered to replace it with the base card because it was on the back.
itradeerrors is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #259 (permalink)
Member
 
izybone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Oh lord, if I had to deal with Dave Peters on a day to day personal basis I would keep myself in a full blown drug coma at all time...Xanax, Percocet, Soma, Vicodin, OxyContin, Valium, Rohypnol, Klonopin, Morphine...all of it
Is it more troubling you know the name of all those drugs. Maybe you should get some help. Or wait, maybe it's more troubling that I know all those meds.
izybone is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #260 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itradeerrors View Post
This is a $10-$20 error card at best. Beckett mislabels cards everyday and this is one of them. For someone that says they collect errors you seem to know little to nothing about them.

I understand your big dream that this cars is valuable but it is not. Error cards similar this sell on ebay everyday. Cards missing autos and stickers are very common.

Also there is no differance in price between a similar error that was backdoored or one you got in a pack. I am a error collector and have 1000's of each.
I am an error collector as well and would love to hear how you came to a $10 or $20 price for this card.

Beckett does mislabel cards and they do make mistakes. Everyday as you put it? Not so sure about that?

I also have to disagree about there being errors on ebay every day like this or anywhere online. You make it sound like they are very common and I am sorry but they are not.

I have to disagree with you on value of a card being backdoored compared to an authentic pack pulled error.

I am unsure what types of errors you do collect but would be interested in seeing or hearing about some of them.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #261 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulljh View Post
It seems like you have a bit of a catch 22 on your hands Dave. The only way for Rodriguez to sign that card is if you break it out of the case. Then you run the risk of Beckett fixing their mistake or noticing that it is a tampered card and not grading it at all. Bummer
It will never look like a certified auto or BE a certified (pack Pulled) auto. EVER. If you even ask him to sign in the bottom i doubt he will. It will look like this, i bet.
2006 Bowman Originals Alex Rodriguez Auto 2 7 Yankees Only 7 Made | eBay
Aleister is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #262 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Can I buy the card?
The card is not really for sale at this time sorry.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #263 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scottsdale Arizona
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by izybone View Post
Is it more troubling you know the name of all those drugs. Maybe you should get some help. Or wait, maybe it's more troubling that I know all those meds.
I'm a former drug addict and needed help awhile back but I'm fine now. However, as I said, if I had to deal with Dave Peters all day I'm sure I'd relapse
__________________
My claim to fame was pulling the 2006 Bowman Clayton Kershaw autograph superfractor....card collecting has been down hill ever since
death2redemptions is online now  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #264 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
The card is not really for sale at this time sorry.
Awww shucks mister.
__________________
God I love the basketball forum.
BostonNut is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #265 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuchanan80 View Post
BECKETT LABELING IT /1 IS NOT PROOF!!! What are you not understanding?

Beckett Grading is a subsidiary of Beckett Media which is owned by Apprise Media.
Bowman is a brand produced by Topps Entertainment which is owned by Disney.

Unless Topps or Disney has provided you something stating you have a 1/1 or the casual observer can look at the card holdered by Beckett and see it's stamped 1/1 or a Superfractor (thereby, as the name suggests, being a 1/1) then who cares what the label says?! Beckett screwed up.

EDIT: Olds, if you're reading, can you walk over to the Beckett Grading monkeys, have them look up the grader that produced the label for this f***ing card, and if they are still employed there, punch them in the G** D*** face. Every member here would appreciate that.

This card is the 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs 94A-AR card and there is no doubt about that.

If you look up the grading number (Card Serial Number: 0004133288) on the Beckett website you will see it is in the population report listed as the A.Rodriguez 1994 SF/1

That /1 means it is a 1/1 card and again this can be verified with both Topps and with Beckett.

I am unsure what is so hard to understand about this?

It is very easy to look up and verify.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #266 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scottsdale Arizona
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
This card is the 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs 94A-AR card and there is no doubt about that.

If you look up the grading number (Card Serial Number: 0004133288) on the Beckett website you will see it is in the population report listed as the A.Rodriguez 1994 SF/1

That /1 means it is a 1/1 card and again this can be verified with both Topps and with Beckett.

I am unsure what is so hard to understand about this?

It is very easy to look up and verify.
No, that is not proof. This just verifies that your an idiot. Your card was clearly backdoored
__________________
My claim to fame was pulling the 2006 Bowman Clayton Kershaw autograph superfractor....card collecting has been down hill ever since
death2redemptions is online now  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #267 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulljh View Post
It seems like you have a bit of a catch 22 on your hands Dave. The only way for Rodriguez to sign that card is if you break it out of the case. Then you run the risk of Beckett fixing their mistake or noticing that it is a tampered card and not grading it at all. Bummer
That is what the first thread was about actually. Asking how to break it out of the case.

The card is legit so I think everything would have been ok.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #268 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I am an error collector as well and would love to hear how you came to a $10 or $20 price for this card.

Beckett does mislabel cards and they do make mistakes. Everyday as you put it? Not so sure about that?

I also have to disagree about there being errors on ebay every day like this or anywhere online. You make it sound like they are very common and I am sorry but they are not.

I have to disagree with you on value of a card being backdoored compared to an authentic pack pulled error.

I am unsure what types of errors you do collect but would be interested in seeing or hearing about some of them.
The $10-$20 price is because both error and Arod cards are in a slump right now.
Yes beckett mislabels cards everyday they are open. They label 1000's of cards everyday so odds are in my favor.

I have bought/sold/traded errors for more than 25 years and usually the rare backdoored cards sell for more. I recently sold a Puckett error that was backdoored for $650.

I collect most error cards including wrongbacks, blank front/back, and several other kind of printing errors. Most are pre 2005 as I personally do not like the newer cards.
itradeerrors is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #269 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
This card is the 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs 94A-AR card and there is no doubt about that.

If you look up the grading number (Card Serial Number: 0004133288) on the Beckett website you will see it is in the population report listed as the A.Rodriguez 1994 SF/1

That /1 means it is a 1/1 card and again this can be verified with both Topps and with Beckett.

I am unsure what is so hard to understand about this?

It is very easy to look up and verify.
The SF /1 is obviously the part I was referring to as being mislabeled. The Beckett monkey should not have labeled it as such seeing as how its not what it is. No one here cares what Beckett labeled it as. Anyone with a brain can see its mislabeled.

You have provided nothing from Topps showing they have confirmed your card is 1/1.
mjbuchanan80 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #270 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scottsdale Arizona
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuchanan80 View Post
The SF /1 is obviously the part I was referring to as being mislabeled. The Beckett monkey should not have labeled it as such seeing as how its not what it is. No one here cares what Beckett labeled it as. Anyone with a brain can see its mislabeled.

You have provided nothing from Topps showing they have confirmed your card is 1/1.
Yeah, it's obviously not a superfractor...anybody who has been collecting recent day cards for more than a year knows what a superfractor looks like.
__________________
My claim to fame was pulling the 2006 Bowman Clayton Kershaw autograph superfractor....card collecting has been down hill ever since
death2redemptions is online now  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #271 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuchanan80 View Post
The SF /1 is obviously the part I was referring to as being mislabeled. The Beckett monkey should not have labeled it as such seeing as how its not what it is. No one here cares what Beckett labeled it as. Anyone with a brain can see its mislabeled.

You have provided nothing from Topps showing they have confirmed your card is 1/1.
Maybe I am not understanding? The actual paper label inside the BGS case does not have the SF /1 on it. The SF /1 is listed on the website population report and checklist like that.

The card itself is the proof of it being a 1/1. There was only one 94-AR autograph card in the set.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #272 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scottsdale Arizona
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Maybe I am not understanding? The actual paper label inside the BGS case does not have the SF /1 on it. The SF /1 is listed on the website population report and checklist like that.

The card itself is the proof of it being a 1/1. There was only one 94-AR autograph card in the set.
Nope, your wrong. Your card is worth $3-$5 and slowly losing value as we speak.
__________________
My claim to fame was pulling the 2006 Bowman Clayton Kershaw autograph superfractor....card collecting has been down hill ever since
death2redemptions is online now  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #273 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Maybe I am not understanding? The actual paper label inside the BGS case does not have the SF /1 on it. The SF /1 is listed on the website population report and checklist like that.

The card itself is the proof of it being a 1/1. There was only one 94-AR autograph card in the set.
Anything Beckett labeled it as - whether that be on the physical label or on the site in their database - is NOT proof. Proof can only come from the manufacturer of the card. That manufacturer is Topps. They have not told you its a 1/1.

I am done with you. You are clueless and ignorant.
mjbuchanan80 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #274 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuchanan80 View Post
Anything Beckett labeled it as - whether that be on the physical label or on the site in their database - is NOT proof. Proof can only come from the manufacturer of the card. That manufacturer is Topps. They have not told you its a 1/1.

I am done with you. You are clueless and ignorant.

So let me understand this.

You think I am wrong and this is not a 1/1 card?

You think Beckett and BGS are wrong and it is not a 1/1 card?

You think Beckett is wrong and it is not a 1/1 card?

Now how is it that the person who owns the card, the company who made the card and the company who grades cards are all wrong about this?

I have proved time and time again in this thread what card it is.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #275 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scottsdale Arizona
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
So let me understand this.

You think I am wrong and this is not a 1/1 card?

You think Beckett and BGS are wrong and it is not a 1/1 card?

You think Beckett is wrong and it is not a 1/1 card?


Now how is it that the person who owns the card, the company who made the card and the company who grades cards are all wrong about this?

I have proved time and time again in this thread what card it is.
1. Yes, we all think you are wrong
2. Yes, Beckett is wrong
3. The entire world believes you are wrong
4. You are a liar, a scumbag, a fraud, please stop trying to scam us
__________________
My claim to fame was pulling the 2006 Bowman Clayton Kershaw autograph superfractor....card collecting has been down hill ever since
death2redemptions is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/444134-2005-bowman-chrome-rod-throwback-autographs-94ar-1994-sf-1-1-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez This thread Refback 07-11-2013 08:33 PM
My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez This thread Pingback 07-10-2013 06:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.