Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #451 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
I work from basically 9-7 M-F, I live 22 miles from work. I work on Saturdays from 9-430. I am off Sundays to do what I cannot do during the week. My bank is near my home, thus, I cannot drive the 22 mile round trip on my lunch break to take a smart phone pic. In my spare time I am president of the board for a local animal shelter, which takes up most of my other free time. My free time which is lacking, does not involve going to a bank, for a card which I am telling you is the same. If you people do not believe me, then that is there problem, not mine. I have more important things than to appease Dave Peters. PS my days off I am on vacation or away.
The first thread was started how many months ago? At least 3 or so, IIRC. So you've had a quarter of a year to provide a scan of one card you claim to own, yet you made excuses last time and now again this time. The burden of proof is on you.

Prove that you own the card.
JoshHamilton is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #452 (permalink)
Member
 
DaBaddestHic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Why a randon question like that? You do not have a superfractor better to post your card with a picture and ask what it it.

But you still won't believe them so why bother?
Well, if Topps will confirm there was a superfractor made, he'll know that his card wasn't the one that was inserted 1:600,000+ packs and is listed on the spreadsheet as a SF, which is one of the main things people have been arguing about.

Also, I think it's more likely that Topps can confirm they actually produced a superfractor than remember where Dave's card came from.
__________________
Supercollecting Carlos Delgado (Always looking - PM me) Also collecting Braves and Kevin Plawecki
I hate negotiating and will make already fair offers if I have to first
Bucket: http://tinyurl.com/c3f88eh
DaBaddestHic is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #453 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
Well, if Topps will confirm there was a superfractor made, he'll know that his card wasn't the one that was inserted 1:600,000+ packs and is listed on the spreadsheet as a SF, which is one of the main things people have been arguing about.

Also, I think it's more likely that Topps can confirm they actually produced a superfractor than remember where Dave's card came from.

If they can confirm a superfractor was made I will then ask what my card is.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #454 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

I must be doing something wrong because I cannot get this twitter thing to work.

I have posted a tweet to topps support and topps and twitter and none are showing up.

Someone else sent me a tweet and I forgot how I saw it but it didn't show up on my page so I wouldn't have even known it was there if I hadn't been trying to figure out how to tweet Topps.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #455 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I must be doing something wrong because I cannot get this twitter thing to work.

I have posted a tweet to topps support and topps and twitter and none are showing up.

Someone else sent me a tweet and I forgot how I saw it but it didn't show up on my page so I wouldn't have even known it was there if I hadn't been trying to figure out how to tweet Topps.
The tweet you send to Topps will not show up on their account -- that is not how Twitter works. Unless they re-tweet you, which they will not -- they may respond, in which case you may get an email (or you can click on the "@ Connect" tab on the Twitter website to see it).
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #456 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
The tweet you send to Topps will not show up on their account -- that is not how Twitter works. Unless they re-tweet you, which they will not -- they may respond, in which case you may get an email (or you can click on the "@ Connect" tab on the Twitter website to see it).
I do not understand how this twitter website is so popular. It is so hard to use.

So if they choose to just ignore tweets they can do that and no one else would know?

I thought the whole point with twitter and people using it to contact Topps was because the information people posted would be public and if they did not answer it would look bad on them?

I added Topps and Topps Support to who I was following thinking that might help.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #457 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I do not understand how this twitter website is so popular. It is so hard to use.

So if they choose to just ignore tweets they can do that and no one else would know?

I thought the whole point with twitter and people using it to contact Topps was because the information people posted would be public and if they did not answer it would look bad on them?

I added Topps and Topps Support to who I was following thinking that might help.
They can most certainly ignore your tweet. If you are asking a mindful question they may answer. Topps -- while I don't agree with some of what they do -- typically has a pretty good presence on Twitter.
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #458 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 18,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
Well, if Topps will confirm there was a superfractor made, he'll know that his card wasn't the one that was inserted 1:600,000+ packs and is listed on the spreadsheet as a SF, which is one of the main things people have been arguing about.

Also, I think it's more likely that Topps can confirm they actually produced a superfractor than remember where Dave's card came from.

No really he wont because anyone that knows what the average 12 year old know about cards, knows this is not a Superfractor.

And he always has the "Blah, blah, blah it's in the Beckett Database"
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #459 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 18,276
Default

I tweeted Topps as well. I out facts in my tweet.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #460 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Oh my gosh this is so frustrating with Topps.

I sent them tweets I guess they are called and they are not showing up so I tried to send a DM or what I guess is called a Direct Message and I cannot because it says ToppsSupport is not following me. How the heck would Topps know me or even want to follow me?

This twitter website is the most ridiculous website I have ever used and if they can just ignore peoples tweets it is essentially worthless to post.

Unless I am doing something wrong or missing something?

I did post another message on facebook because there is more room to post and you can include a picture.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #461 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Oh my gosh this is so frustrating with Topps.

I sent them tweets I guess they are called and they are not showing up so I tried to send a DM or what I guess is called a Direct Message and I cannot because it says ToppsSupport is not following me. How the heck would Topps know me or even want to follow me?

This twitter website is the most ridiculous website I have ever used and if they can just ignore peoples tweets it is essentially worthless to post.

Unless I am doing something wrong or missing something?

I did post another message on facebook because there is more room to post and you can include a picture.
Stick to Facebook
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #462 (permalink)
Member
 
THE(NEXT)LEVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
The first thread was started how many months ago? At least 3 or so, IIRC. So you've had a quarter of a year to provide a scan of one card you claim to own, yet you made excuses last time and now again this time. The burden of proof is on you.

Prove that you own the card.
Don't worry Will, just for you sweetie, I'll get it. No excuses just facts. I don't care about Dave Peters card. I know I have it, if no one believes me, then thats their problem. In that whole time, do you think I thought one bit about this stupid card and getting it?
__________________
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/zupsic/

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #463 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,424
Default

Something does not add up. Why are you telling your story to Topps for the first time to Topps via Twitter when in the past they have supposedly offered you a Arod replacement autograph and even a personal Arod autograph session that you turned down because there would be not Topps representative.

Again something does not add up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Oh my gosh this is so frustrating with Topps.

I sent them tweets I guess they are called and they are not showing up so I tried to send a DM or what I guess is called a Direct Message and I cannot because it says ToppsSupport is not following me. How the heck would Topps know me or even want to follow me?

This twitter website is the most ridiculous website I have ever used and if they can just ignore peoples tweets it is essentially worthless to post.

Unless I am doing something wrong or missing something?

I did post another message on facebook because there is more room to post and you can include a picture.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #464 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Something does not add up. Why are you telling your story to Topps for the first time to Topps via Twitter when in the past they have supposedly offered you a Arod replacement autograph and even a personal Arod autograph session that you turned down because there would be not Topps representative.

Again something does not add up.

I am contacting them now to confirm if there was an arod superfractor that most seem to think there is. I myself am unsure and want to check.

They didn't offer me an arod replacement they just sent it so I returned it because I did not feel it was a fair trade for the card I have.

They also did not set up meet and greet with arod, I did that all on my own and it took quite awhile and was not easy to do.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #465 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
Don't worry Will, just for you sweetie, I'll get it. No excuses just facts. I don't care about Dave Peters card. I know I have it, if no one believes me, then thats their problem. In that whole time, do you think I thought one bit about this stupid card and getting it?

What are your plans for your card?

Would you be interested in contacting Topps with me about it?
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #466 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,093
Default

Ok, so you are convinced that your base chrome auto is the superfractor despite all the evidence to the contrary... despite every single person on the planet explaining that it is not.

Twitter is the third (outside of China) most widely used website in the history of ever, but somehow it eludes your grasp and you proclaim it both worthless and ridiculous.

This actually makes a lot more sense when you look at it.

Your card is either:

1. The base chrome auto with the auto removed and the sticker removed
2. The superfractor (without the 1/1 stamp ...or the super and fractor parts either)

Twitter is either:

1. A site with over 500 million registered users generating over 340 million tweets daily and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day.
2. Both ridiculous and worthless.

I think the population of the world can be split into two groups: 1 or 2.

I have nothing against the op, but no one can be this obtuse and still function. Therefore he must be enjoying this somehow.
houdini is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #467 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Ok, so you are convinced that your base chrome auto is the superfractor despite all the evidence to the contrary... despite every single person on the planet explaining that it is not.

Twitter is the third (outside of China) most widely used website in the history of ever, but somehow it eludes your grasp and you proclaim it both worthless and ridiculous.

This actually makes a lot more sense when you look at it.

Your card is either:

1. The base chrome auto with the auto removed and the sticker removed
2. The superfractor (without the 1/1 stamp ...or the super and fractor parts either)

Twitter is either:

1. A site with over 500 million registered users generating over 340 million tweets daily and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day.
2. Both ridiculous and worthless.

I think the population of the world can be split into two groups: 1 or 2.

I have nothing against the op, but no one can be this obtuse and still function. Therefore he must be enjoying this somehow.


There was no base chrome for this card.

Did you even look at the picture of the card?

Did you even look up the serial number on Becketts website?

Have you read through this thread?

Twitter is by far the most ricidulous website I have ever used.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong but my tweets aren't showing up on Topps and if the reason for that is Topps would have to approve them then yes that is worthless to me or anyone with the real tough questions.

At least with facebook my posts shows up and I can add a pic and I can make a longer post. Longer than the two sentences twitter allows.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #468 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 18,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Twitter is by far the most ricidulous website I have ever used.
.
Coming from someone who services potheads I find this very funny.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #469 (permalink)
Member
 
THE(NEXT)LEVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
What are your plans for your card?

Would you be interested in contacting Topps with me about it?
You can buy it off of me. Make me an offer.
__________________
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/zupsic/

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #470 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
You can buy it off of me. Make me an offer.
Oooooooo.....NICELY played!
BostonNut is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #471 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 2,108
Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss
Default

how the hell did this idiot troll ya'll for 19 pages? i can't believe some of you are that stupid to repeatedly argue with some dumb kid.
Jenkinssssss is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #472 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,553
Default

Holy sh*t! You people are STILL humoring him?

Wow...just wow.

Edit: Or put the way jenkinssss did above, works too . Although he's not a kid, far from it.
__________________
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminshes fear." - Rosa Parks
WilsonValdez is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #473 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,121
Default

davepeters239 is WilsonValdez
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #474 (permalink)
Member
 
lobo_hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,277
Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker
Default

-In terms of Troll Level of Achievement, Mr. Peters apparently has his sights set on unseating boomo.

Has a ways to go, i think...

lobo_hacker, who has this exact card in his safety deposit box not 20 minutes away that will take him two months to get to and scan
lobo_hacker is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #475 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 14,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinssssss View Post
how the hell did this idiot troll ya'll for 19 pages? i can't believe some of you are that stupid to repeatedly argue with some dumb kid.
__________________
this one goes out to some of the members
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=dee-dee-dee-song&videoId=72779

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/444134-2005-bowman-chrome-rod-throwback-autographs-94ar-1994-sf-1-1-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez This thread Refback 07-11-2013 08:33 PM
My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez This thread Pingback 07-10-2013 06:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.