Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #501 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
You havent proven anything. I have not harassed you in anyway.
Note the lack of adjectives?

I have simply tried to show you the error of your ways...

Not one person has even remotely agreed that there is even a chance
your card is actually supposed to be a 1/1 auto

deal with it
I see many people posting their opinion but see no proof.

My proof is the BGS serial number. Look it up and you will see it listed as the 1/1 card.

Now if beckett made an error get them to correct it!

If Topps made an error get them to admit it!

Find another card like mine or a superfractor version and post it!

Sorry but just some people on a message board saying oh no that's not it just doesn't cut it for me.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #502 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I would pay you double what I paid for mine but I would need to see a scan of the back first.
How much did you pay for yours (I'm serious I would love to know?) I have a feeling if you bought his it would end up being destroyed so yours could revert back to a 1/1 for the time being...
Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #503 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnick View Post
dave, your logic is misplaced, and I'm sorry to see you can not see that. the proof of the existence of an actual 1/1 auto superfractor is not pertinent to the proving of whether your card is as rare as you believe it to be. it has been clearly established that:

a) your card is not a superfractor
b) your card is not autographed
c) your card is "not valid" as it doesn't have a sticker

however, you have trapped yourself in two well-known psychological heuristics that no amount of convincing from other board members will shake you out of.

Scarcity heuristic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you have convinced yourself of the rarity of your card, and no amount of proof will convince you otherwise. you have invested so much of your time and energy into it, that your brain will never let itself be convinced that your efforts might have been for naught.

Availability heuristic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you have also convinced yourself that your place in this situation is greater or more important that it is in actualily. that somehow topps and a-rod should succumb to your whims and create a new card that exists only in your reality as you see it.

it is 8 years later. topps will never concern themselves with this situation, for they have no reason to as a corporation. i do not think you're a scammer, i do not think you're a troll. i do think you're a grown man who has let themselves see the world in a certain way, one that makes your importance in the world be greater than it actually is. it's nothing to be ashamed of, the availability heuristic is the most common, and one that we all succumb to at some point. i've been guilty of it myself at any points in my life.

however, it could lead to greater unhappiness down the road as you continue to hit roadblocks in communicating with topps & a-rod. you have built up this reality so much that it's quite understandable not to want to see the forest for the trees. i make no judgements, and i wish you well.
WTF is this? I didn't know we had Mensa members on this forum. I just assumed we were all derelicts and ne're do wells like myself.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #504 (permalink)

Quote:
I see many people posting their opinion but see no proof.

My proof is the BGS serial number. Look it up and you will see it listed as the 1/1 card.

Now if beckett made an error get them to correct it!

If Topps made an error get them to admit it!

Find another card like mine or a superfractor version and post it!

Sorry but just some people on a message board saying oh no that's not it just doesn't cut it for me.
Your proof is invalid.

PER YOU Topps said they were accidentally inserted into packs.

the next level HAS shown you one.
and We HAVE shown you a link to a thread from 8 years ago where another user describes the exact same thing.

Occams Razor

Which is more likely,

a) you actually have the 1/1 because the next level and the guy from 8 years ago are both lying, and that topps saying they were inserted into packs accidentally and told people to send it back is also a lie, AND that your card is unsigned unstamped unstickered and not a superfractor, that topps wouldnt fix for you.

b) You have a card that was some type of misprint that got accidentally inserted into packs like topps says ....

It is not our job to prove anything.
The onus is on YOU.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 02-05-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #505 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnick View Post
dave, your logic is misplaced, and I'm sorry to see you can not see that. the proof of the existence of an actual 1/1 auto superfractor is not pertinent to the proving of whether your card is as rare as you believe it to be. it has been clearly established that:

a) your card is not a superfractor
b) your card is not autographed
c) your card is "not valid" as it doesn't have a sticker

however, you have trapped yourself in two well-known psychological heuristics that no amount of convincing from other board members will shake you out of.

Scarcity heuristic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you have convinced yourself of the rarity of your card, and no amount of proof will convince you otherwise. you have invested so much of your time and energy into it, that your brain will never let itself be convinced that your efforts might have been for naught.

Availability heuristic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you have also convinced yourself that your place in this situation is greater or more important that it is in actuality. that somehow topps and a-rod should succumb to your whims and create a new card that exists only in your reality as you see it.

it is 8 years later. topps will never concern themselves with this situation, for they have no reason to as a corporation. i do not think you're a scammer, i do not think you're a troll. i do think you're a grown man who has let themselves see the world in a certain way, one that makes your importance in the world be greater than it actually is. it's nothing to be ashamed of, the availability heuristic is the most common, and one that we all succumb to at some point. i've been guilty of it myself at many points in my life.

however, it could lead to greater unhappiness down the road as you continue to hit roadblocks in communicating with topps & a-rod. you have built up this reality so much that it's quite understandable not to want to see the forest for the trees. i make no judgements, and i wish you well.

This card is very rare and that's a fact. There has only been one card like this graded and if it wasn't rare there would be bunches on ebay and worthpoint and there just isn't.

I am sorry others just don't understand but I am pretty sure I am right about this card that is why I am so passionate about it. I think anyone that had a card with the odds to pul at 1:600,000 would be very passionate as well.

I have given into the notion that there may be a superfractor version but until Topps can confirm this I still have my doubts and all I can go by are the facts as of now.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #506 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD617 View Post
How much did you pay for yours (I'm serious I would love to know?) I have a feeling if you bought his it would end up being destroyed so yours could revert back to a 1/1 for the time being...
I would rather not say how much mine was.

If the other person has one I really don't want it but would love to have him contact Topps with me about the two cards.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #507 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
Your proof is invalid.

PER YOU Topps said they were accidentally inserted into packs.

the next level HAS shown you one.
and We HAVE shown you a link to a thread from 8 years ago where another user describes the exact same thing.

Occams Razor

Which is more likely,

a) you actually have the 1/1 because the next level and the guy from 8 years ago are both lying, and that topps saying they were inserted into packs accidentally and told people to send it back is also a lie, AND that your card is unsigned unstamped unstickered and not a superfractor, that topps wouldnt fix for you.

b) You have a card that was some type of misprint that got accidentally inserted into packs like topps says ....

It is not our job to prove anything.
The onus is on YOU.

Topps has said they were inserted into packs but just what they meant no one seems to be sure.

The next Level dude says he has one but has not shown a back scan of his.

That post from 8 years ago or whatever of course can not be verified now. I don't know who that person is on the other forum and for all I know this could be the card he had.

So the facts remain the same, so far I am the only one with an authentic card like this. I wish the Next Level would get his graded or post a scan or contact Topps with me but he doesn't seem to interested.

Really the bottom line is Topps screwed up with this in a huge way and they should do what's right.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #508 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Dabaddesthic - do you still believe that he is not trolling?
I don't. I'll believe he's trolling if Topps confirms that a superfractor auto was made and he still says one doesn't exist.

He still won't believe that his own card isn't a 1/1 until someone shows him another one though, with scans of both sides. I have to accept that the chance of that ever happening are slim to none. Not because I don't think there are others out there, but because they're probably stashed in people's collections forgotten about and won't ever surface. Nobody is gonna sway him on their word (or logic) alone without hard evidence. I tried, and realized it was futile. Now I just wait for hard evidence to ever appear, either in the form of something from Topps, or another card actually showing up.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #509 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
I don't. I'll believe he's trolling if Topps confirms that a superfractor auto was made and he still says one doesn't exist.

He still won't believe that his own card isn't a 1/1 until someone shows him another one though, with scans of both sides. I have to accept that the chance of that ever happening are slim to none. Not because I don't think there are others out there, but because they're probably stashed in people's collections forgotten about and won't ever surface. Nobody is gonna sway him on their word (or logic) alone without hard evidence. I tried, and realized it was futile. Now I just wait for hard evidence to ever appear, either in the form of something from Topps, or another card actually showing up.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 HR #536
Old 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #510 (permalink)

Quote:
Topps has said they were inserted into packs but just what they meant no one seems to be sure.
Except that EVERYONE but you IS SURE of what Topps meant.

Quote:
The next Level dude says he has one but has not shown a back scan of his.
Except that it doesn't matter. The front scan pretty much established all you need to know. It has the "certified autograph issue" icon on it, yet NO autograph. Therefore there are only two possibilities regarding the back:

a) NO sticker - the card is EXACTLY the same as yours. Beckett is wrong, dream denied.
b) YES sticker - the card still has NO autograph on it, so that card is again established to be a misprinted card, but it would be MORE likely to be the original 1/1 you so desperately want.

Quote:
Really the bottom line is Topps screwed up with this in a huge way and they should do what's right.
You have NO right or standing to determine what is right here. You are continually "proving" (as far as one can psychologically speaking) my earlier points. I can not continue to discuss this topic with you further. I recommend you abandon this thread, if not the situation entirely, as that is your prerogative, but maybe just step away from the card, and the hobby for a while, and spend some quality time with friends and family, and people you care about and who care about you. Best of luck.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #511 (permalink)

Quote:
This card is very rare and that's a fact. There has only been one card like this graded and if it wasn't rare there would be bunches on ebay and worthpoint and there just isn't.

I am sorry others just don't understand but I am pretty sure I am right about this card that is why I am so passionate about it. I think anyone that had a card with the odds to pul at 1:600,000 would be very passionate as well.

others don't understand because we are all more than 'pretty sure' as you are about the card. And you are right, anyone that had a card with the odds of over 1:600000+ packs would be very passionate. You would be too if you had a card that was pulled with those type of odds
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #512 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
others don't understand because we are all more than 'pretty sure' as you are about the card. And you are right, anyone that had a card with the odds of over 1:600000+ packs would be very passionate. You would be too if you had a card that was pulled with those type of odds
Well this perhaps is that card with those odds.

All we can do now is wait and see.

Anyone else who would like to facebook or twitter Topps about this please feel free to do so as I would very much like to get an answer.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #513 (permalink)

Anyone else who would like to facebook or twitter Topps about this please feel free to do so as I would very much like to get an answer.[/QUOTE]

You don't
Old 02-06-2013, 01:01 AM   #514 (permalink)

I can't wait until topps gives him the wrong answer that he doesn't want to hear and he still believes the card is the holy grail. Have fun with that card selling for pennies because #1 all of this forum knows of its existance, #2 your intention to get it autographed and throw a topps authentication decal on it, and #3 no one will buy it and without at least notifying the buyer that he has bought a fake topps certified card. Good luck scammer
Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #515 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNOmega06 View Post
I can't wait until topps gives him the wrong answer that he doesn't want to hear and he still believes the card is the holy grail. Have fun with that card selling for pennies because #1 all of this forum knows of its existance, #2 your intention to get it autographed and throw a topps authentication decal on it, and #3 no one will buy it and without at least notifying the buyer that he has bought a fake topps certified card. Good luck scammer
And #4 A-Roids value is dropping immensely due to his latest steroid scandal and once he is found guilty nobody will want his crap
Old 02-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #516 (permalink)

Quote:
That is wrong info and I don't believe there is a superfractor version of this card.

This card is indeed the card that has the odds to pull at 1:614,088 packs.

It is the only card it could be.

If you do not think it is that card what card do you think it is?
vvvvvvvvvv

Last edited by Davesportscards; 02-06-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #517 (permalink)

This intervention doesn't seem to be working. Dave, Ill give you $20 for the card. That's probably 4X that price you paid for it. Then I can make video of me burning the freakin card. It would be worth it.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 AM   #518 (permalink)

Here's all the info I can provide for the op's card. I don't believe the card you have was meant to be THE 1/1 94A-AR Throwback auto 1/1. I think yours is simply a "back-up" for the ACTUAL one that was Singed, Authenticated by Topps, and Stickered with the 3M Holographic Stickers. There may be several copies of your card. I HIGHLY doubt Topps effed up badly enough to where they forgot to have the main one signed. I do believe the 94A-AR is a 1/1. Like stated in Beckett, but yours is NOT THE 1/1 that was released, but a mere "back-up" card to the ACTUAL1/1.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #519 (permalink)

You can tell the world as a seller how your card is valuable and errored and that you think a auto for arod isnt good enough; no proof and cant back it up YOU FAIL. Also I wasted 20 Mins to read this thread, that's 20 mins I will never get back and I for one feel Lot less smarter reading DavePeters' responses.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:37 AM   #520 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Here's all the info I can provide for the op's card. I don't believe the card you have was meant to be THE 1/1 94A-AR Throwback auto 1/1. I think yours is simply a "back-up" for the ACTUAL one that was Singed, Authenticated by Topps, and Stickered with the 3M Holographic Stickers. There may be several copies of your card. I HIGHLY doubt Topps effed up badly enough to where they forgot to have the main one signed. I do believe the 94A-AR is a 1/1. Like stated in Beckett, but yours is NOT THE 1/1 that was released, but a mere "back-up" card to the ACTUAL1/1.

No point in even trying to explain anything to this man, its like dealing with a child. He probably still believes storks deliver babies and is firm on his stance.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #521 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD617 View Post
He paid less than $25.00 for this card.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #522 (permalink)

I think the funniest part of this whole deal is that IF the card was actually the "1/1" that he claims it is (It CLEARLY is not, but I will play the game) than what is the absolute ceiling of an unautographed, non game-used, non-superfractor A-Rod 1/1 these days? $50? All of this trouble to turn a $2 into a $50 card!? Really?

Awesome!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #523 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
So he's offering under $50 for nextlevels and turned down an offer (that he thought was real) for $3,000 earlier. Not a bad markup even if this value only exists in his world. He sure isn't willing to pay much for a card supposedly 1:600,000 packs and a 1/1 super error!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #524 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post

That is the actual in print Beckett price guide that I guess I originally went by with this card. As you can clearly see they make no mention of a SF or superfractor card. They also make no mention of CH or RF or XF but those cards seem to exist.

I have contacted Topps and Beckett in hopes to finding out of there was a SF for this card. If Topps can confirm there was a SF version then I guess I will ask what this card is.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #525 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post

This is not true.
Closed Thread