Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #551 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
no one would do that because all you would do would be contradict and not believe the information is true just like on here
Yeah sure that's the reason he won't say who he spoke to at Topps.

I mean it sure couldn't be because he lied right?

Last edited by davepeters239; 02-11-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #552 (permalink)

Just got off the phone with topps. They said send in your card. After about a week start looking under your pillow every morning. You should find your 1/1 roid auto there.

Signed,
The Tooth Fairy
Old 02-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #553 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Yeah sure that's the reason he won't say who he spoke to at Topps.

I mean it sure couldn't be because he lied right?
What do I get besides you calling them with a ton of cards with autographs missing and me losing my contact? Its not like if I prove you wrong you will admit it and shut up already. Besides autographs can be removed with a soft rag and the proper chemicals, ask the IP hounds who remove inscriptions with no trace. Ask PSA how they missed I removed a fake IP and had it replaced with and authentic IP and they didnt detect it.

So I will keep my contact under wraps, if they care to post they can. I showed them the topic and they laughed and we spoke about it as I am sure several others on this board have if they know him. I am not claiming they are the CEO as a matter of fact quite the opposite so much so posting their information I am sure would lead to un-needed drama when you start to complain to them.

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 02-11-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #554 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
What do I get besides you calling them with a ton of cards with autographs missing and me losing my contact? Its not like if I prove you wrong you will admit it and shut up already. Besides autographs can be removed with a soft rag and the proper chemicals, ask the IP hounds who remove inscriptions with no trace. Ask PSA how they missed I removed a fake IP and had it replaced with and authentic IP and they didnt detect it.

So I will keep my contact under wraps, if they care to post they can. I showed them the topic and they laughed and we spoke about it as I am sure several others on this board have if they know him. I am not claiming they are the CEO as a matter of fact quite the opposite so much so posting their information I am sure would lead to un-needed drama when you start to complain to them.

So you contacted him why? You didn't contact him to help me so what other reason or motive do you have to contact him about my card?

Also you are saying a Topps representative laughed about this issue and wasn't interested in helping or curious about the card?

I certainly hope for Topps sake you are not telling the truth.

If you are telling the truth then that makes it all the worse for Topps.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #555 (permalink)

Quote:
So you contacted him why? You didn't contact him to help me so what other reason or motive do you have to contact him about my card?

Also you are saying a Topps representative laughed about this issue and wasn't interested in helping or curious about the card?

I certainly hope for Topps sake you are not telling the truth.

If you are telling the truth then that makes it all the worse for Topps.
I contact him time to time when bananas like yourself pop up, just so if it crosses his path he can know the whole story. Not the imaginary 1/1 you tried feeding everyone, while ignoring EVERYONE.

And no it really dont make it worse for topps, but it sure does make it worse for your /1 theory.

He was not working therefore he can laugh at what he wishes, which includes some guy who bought a card (for less than $25.00) then demands a bunch of stuff, then goes on the internet to "destroy" them. Which backfires pretty badly. Are you saying since he is a collector that works for topps he cant laugh at others making a scene over nothing? He would have seen the topic any way, I just sped it up for you, you're welcome.

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 02-11-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #556 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I contact him time to time when bananas like yourself pop up, just so if it crosses his path he can know the whole story. Not the imaginary 1/1 you tried feeding everyone, while ignoring EVERYONE.

And no it really dont make it worse for topps, but it sure does make it worse for your /1 theory.

He was not working therefore he can laugh at what he wishes, which includes some guy who bought a card (for less than $25.00) then demands a bunch of stuff, then goes on the internet to "destroy" them. Which backfires pretty badly. Are you saying since he is a collector that works for topps he cant laugh at others making a scene over nothing? He would have seen the topic any way, I just sped it up for you, you're welcome.

Well I am unsure how he can know the whole story since your posts here about this card are inaccurate.

I am trying to work with Topps and Beckett to find out more about this card.

For whatever reason you and others seem to be working against me on this and seem to think it is a big joke.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #557 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Also why not put his name out here for everyone to see?

I would be very interested to know which Topps employee was laughing about such a huge error.

Either way I will be sure to bring this up to Topps when I speak to them as I am sure others within Topps will not find this as funny as your friend.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #558 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Old 02-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #559 (permalink)

I don't know who's crazier, the OP or me for actually following this thread from start to finish. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! This thing has been epic. Lets keep it going.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #560 (permalink)

Quote:
Also why not put his name out here for everyone to see?

I would be very interested to know which Topps employee was laughing about such a huge error.

Either way I will be sure to bring this up to Topps when I speak to them as I am sure others within Topps will not find this as funny as your friend.
You talk like you're owed something....like Topps should bow down and kiss your feet. Wow you got a card that should be autoed that is not. If you pulled it yourself or not ..I can't remember...too many whiny posts and BS to read back though...but if you pulled it then they should have fixed it or had it replaced with something else. If they told you to beat it..well then thats what you should do.

Like your Tavaras non auto cards...if you pulled the card yourself from a pack then you should be entitled to have that card replaced....You shouldn't be entitled to going around scouping up error cards and then trying to threaten Topps and preaching to anybody that will listen.

Bottom line is you're sleezy....and a drama queen. It's sad to see how far you're trying to take this..like your whole life revolves around trying to put it to Topps. Why don't you realize it's supposed to be an enjoyable hobby not a crucifixion of a company or people of that company because you were wronged...and then spent your own money to act like your were wronged numerous times.

Do us all a favor...put your big boy pants on and move along...if you can't move past this ..then please see your way out of this forum because you've done nothing threaten to report people and make a stink over insignificant things.

Let's go Orioles

Last edited by DarkTiger29; 02-11-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #561 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTiger29 View Post
You talk like you're owed something....like Topps should bow down and kiss your feet. Wow you got a card that should be autoed that is not. If you pulled it yourself or not ..I can't remember...too many whiny posts and BS to read back though...but if you pulled it then they should have fixed it or had it replaced with something else. If they told you to beat it..well then thats what you should do.

Like your Tavaras non auto cards...if you pulled the card yourself from a pack then you should be entitled to have that card replaced....You shouldn't be entitled to going around scouping up error cards and then trying to threaten Topps and preaching to anybody that will listen.

Bottom line is you're sleezy....and a drama queen. It's sad to see how far you're trying to take this..like your whole life revolves around trying to put it to Topps. Why don't you realize it's supposed to be an enjoyable hobby not a crucifixion of a company or people of that company because you were wronged...and then spent your own money to act like your were wronged numerous times.

Do us all a favor...put your big boy pants on and move along...if you can't move past this ..then please see your way out of this forum because you've done nothing threaten to report people and make a stink over insignificant things.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #562 (permalink)
Banned

I was able to get a bit of information from Beckett about the population report and the way it is listed.

I was wondering what would happen if the next level sent his card into BGS. Would they add it to the population report and would there be 2 listings for the card that should only have 1?

Also was wondering if say there is an autograph version and if that was sent in and graded would they add it and make it 3/1?

The answer I received from them was a yes and yes. If the next level sends his in and it is graded the population report will then reflect 2 cards graded for a card that should only have one. Also if the autograph is sent in then it would reflect 3 cards graded for a card that should have only one.

The reason I was told is that because it would be to hard to list I guess every error or variation in the population report.

I really am unsure I agree with this and hope perhaps they will change this sometime in the future for certain error cards or variations.

Maybe Beckett shouldn't list every error in their price guide but I do think if a card is sent in and it is graded by Beckett and confirmed to be an error from the company then the population report should accurately reflect what card that is.

Still waiting on a reply from Topps to find out exactly which card this is and if there was a superfractor made and will let everyone know when I find out.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #563 (permalink)

Quote:
I was able to get a bit of information from Beckett about the population report and the way it is listed.

I was wondering what would happen if the next level sent his card into BGS. Would they add it to the population report and would there be 2 listings for the card that should only have 1?

Also was wondering if say there is an autograph version and if that was sent in and graded would they add it and make it 3/1?

The answer I received from them was a yes and yes. If the next level sends his in and it is graded the population report will then reflect 2 cards graded for a card that should only have one. Also if the autograph is sent in then it would reflect 3 cards graded for a card that should have only one.

The reason I was told is that because it would be to hard to list I guess every error or variation in the population report.

I really am unsure I agree with this and hope perhaps they will change this sometime in the future for certain error cards or variations.

Maybe Beckett shouldn't list every error in their price guide but I do think if a card is sent in and it is graded by Beckett and confirmed to be an error from the company then the population report should accurately reflect what card that is.

Still waiting on a reply from Topps to find out exactly which card this is and if there was a superfractor made and will let everyone know when I find out.
Please dont. No one, and I mean no one, cares.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #564 (permalink)

This is ridiculous..the card is not serial numbered, so there doesn't have to be only 1 of them. Obviously there is in fact more than 1. In my opinion, this thread should have been over a long time ago.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #565 (permalink)

you guys know what is more ridiculous this is from 2005!!!

if topps won't replace 2011 bowman products why they oblige to replace or fixed older product....
Old 02-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #566 (permalink)

The amount of time people are wasting on replying to this guy is mind boggling...
Old 02-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #567 (permalink)

I think Beckett is kind of right in that case. I don't think they keep track of serial number of cards graded. So people can submit the same card multiple times, and theoratically, the pop report can show a total number graded greater than the serial number. For your card, it is not even serial numbered, if someone else submits another copy, there is no way for Beckett to tell whether that is your copy or another copy is out there. Anyway, they should have marked it as an error in the pop report.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #568 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
I think Beckett is kind of right in that case. I don't think they keep track of serial number of cards graded. So people can submit the same card multiple times, and theoratically, the pop report can show a total number graded greater than the serial number. For your card, it is not even serial numbered, if someone else submits another copy, there is no way for Beckett to tell whether that is your copy or another copy is out there. Anyway, they should have marked it as an error in the pop report.
They most definitely should not mark it as an error.
The card in question is missing things added on after the manufacturing process.
Error cards are cards that exhibit flaws or defects during that process, nothing that happens after tht could be misconstrued as an error. Apart from numbering the card wrong or placing the wrong auto sticker (different player) on a card. Maybe an upside down sticker.

They should label it just as it is. Missing stickers and auto.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #569 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
I never thought of it that way, where if someone resubmits a card it would throw the actual numbers off.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #570 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
They most definitely should not mark it as an error.
The card in question is missing things added on after the manufacturing process.
Error cards are cards that exhibit flaws or defects during that process, nothing that happens after tht could be misconstrued as an error. Apart from numbering the card wrong or placing the wrong auto sticker (different player) on a card. Maybe an upside down sticker.

They should label it just as it is. Missing stickers and auto.

I have to totally disagree with this. An error card to me is an error with the card whether it was during the manufacturing process or after.

Cards being inserted into packs without their signatures are error cards.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #571 (permalink)
Banned

I was able to pull up some emails about autograph cards missing the autograph being errors.

These are emails from May 2011, one is from Beckett and the other is from Tuff Stuff.

This was the original email I sent.

I am having trouble with one of the sports cards companies where they are telling me that a pack pulled autograph card missing the autograph is not an error.

I was hoping to get the opinion of an expert who has been in the hobby for quite some time.

If you could please send me a definition of an error card that would be great.

Thanks

DAVID PETERS

This was the reply from each.

Beckett

My guess is the card company is considering an error to be more like a player’s name being misspelled, rather than just a player missing the autograph on a card in the stack. Not sure if we have an “official definition of an error card, but generally, any card that is missing part of the intended printing process, or has a portion of the process misprinted, I would consider an error card. There is a big difference between Uncorrected Errors (UER) and situations where correct versions exist.

I would consider a missing autograph an error card. We would grade the card and actually label it as “Missing Autograph” on the label. Whether collectors consider the card without an autograph to be worth more or less is up to them. In most cases, the card missing the autograph would probably sell for less, from my experience.

Tuff Stuff

Thanks for the e-mail. Errors are generally considered items on a card that are wrong or missing based on human error. Some examples are wrong stats or misspelled words. This does not include color differences or something due to a printer. In reference to a supposed autograph card, if there is indeed no autograph, that’s an error because the card is not presented as intended or advertised.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #572 (permalink)

my 1/1 errors based on the above

got this w/o an auto, sent it in and they slabbed a sticker on it

This has an upside down sticker and got a 10 grade, so 1/1 error

and lastly I had this one that I got 0.35 for and you can have for under $2.50

I'm also just egging on op at this point
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #573 (permalink)

has anyone email arod and ask
why he never signed that card

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
Old 02-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #574 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
I bet the op can arrange a Q&A

This is all A-Rod's fault!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #575 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
NOT FAIR! He should sign my card!! Two enter the Octagon, one escapes w/ the signed Arod..

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
Closed Thread