Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #601 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Holy Crap people! Stop Posting! Let this stupid thread die! The card isnt a 1/1, Topps owes you NOTHING, and they have NO explaining to do, Because Its 8 Years OLD! Please, for all that is good in this world, SHUT UP OP!
Yeah because you said so that all must be true.

Ok sure.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #602 (permalink)
Member
 
romad97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,604
Default

What is the longest running thread in BO history? Could this one possibly be a record?
romad97 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #603 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
What is the longest running thread in BO history? Could this one possibly be a record?
The Haiku thread has something like 4700 posts and 188 pages long...
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
Actively Looking For Jose Ramirez Cards/Memorabilia
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #604 (permalink)
Member
 
VWBUS1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SOUTH JERSEY
Posts: 5,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Now it may not be a 1/1 and therefore Topps has some explaining to do.
Bingo! If you now have a doubt that it is a 1/1, we did our jobs.
99% of people posting on the subject completely disagree with you. We're all collectors and card people. We know cards and we talk cards, between all of us we have seen probably every thing there is to see. Our collective knowledge dwarfs your single minded views and thoughts and assumptions.
That, in and of itself, should tell you all you need to know.
15 million Elvis fans can't be wrong!

Get back to us when topps gets back to you.
__________________
the fact that we exist, in a universe of sheer randomness, is scientific proof that there are aliens.
we are the aliens.
i can say that with 100% accuracy.
VWBUS1978 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #605 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Again it really amazes me that so many people are sticking up for Topps on this.

I am pretty sure back in 2005 the arod autograph throwbacks were a huge selling point for this product and most likely the main card that everyone was after was not even inserted autographed.

Now it turns out there are two copies of a /1 card.

How on earth this is somehow ok with everyone is beyond me.

I think most of you are here just to cause trouble and if the nonsense doesn't stop I will start reporting people again.
It is not that people are sticking up for Topps it is that you and reality are miles apart.

No where does your card say it is a 1/1. It does however say without stickers card is invalid, please look up the word invalid.

As a error collector how on earth are you not ok with this?

As a real error collector I would really like one of these cards. I offer a 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken "Dot in Black Box" error card in trade for it.
itradeerrors is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #606 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,226
Default

i'd bet many were made by mistake (obvious because there are two on this board and i remember seeing a few back in the day........ but a little research and i found this:

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball - A-Rod Throwback Exclusives Checklist
Base Cards - 4 Per Box
Parallel Cards: Refractor #/499 - X-Fractor #/99
- SuperFractors #1/1 -

A-Rod Throwback Base #94AR 1994
A-Rod Throwback Base #95AR 1995
A-Rod Throwback Base #96AR 1996
A-Rod Throwback Base #97AR 1997

Autograph Parallel Cards
- All Cards Are Refractors - Print Run Shown Below -

A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #95AR 1995 XF #/25
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #96AR 1996 RF #/50
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #97AR 1997 CH #/99
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**

Last edited by go_steelers07; 02-11-2013 at 08:03 PM.
go_steelers07 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #607 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Again it really amazes me that so many people are sticking up for Topps on this.

I am pretty sure back in 2005 the arod autograph throwbacks were a huge selling point for this product and most likely the main card that everyone was after was not even inserted autographed.

Now it turns out there are two copies of a /1 card.

How on earth this is somehow ok with everyone is beyond me.

I think most of you are here just to cause trouble and if the nonsense doesn't stop I will start reporting people again.

that is really sad if you have to go to the trouble of reporting people because they're disagreeing with you and coming up up viable arguments against your opinion of what this card actually is. I was smart to block you from Listia
duwal is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #608 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
imnotded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sonora, CA
Posts: 3,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Again it really amazes me that so many people are sticking up for Topps on this.

I am pretty sure back in 2005 the arod autograph throwbacks were a huge selling point for this product and most likely the main card that everyone was after was not even inserted autographed.

Now it turns out there are two copies of a /1 card.

How on earth this is somehow ok with everyone is beyond me.

I think most of you are here just to cause trouble and if the nonsense doesn't stop I will start reporting people again.

__________________
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/imnotded - My UStream Channel
imnotded is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #609 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Again it really amazes me that so many people are sticking up for Topps on this.

I am pretty sure back in 2005 the arod autograph throwbacks were a huge selling point for this product and most likely the main card that everyone was after was not even inserted autographed.

Now it turns out there are two copies of a /1 card.

How on earth this is somehow ok with everyone is beyond me.

I think most of you are here just to cause trouble and if the nonsense doesn't stop I will start reporting people again.
Report us for what?
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor
MarshallCutler6 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #610 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itradeerrors View Post
It is not that people are sticking up for Topps it is that you and reality are miles apart.

No where does your card say it is a 1/1. It does however say without stickers card is invalid, please look up the word invalid.

As a error collector how on earth are you not ok with this?

As a real error collector I would really like one of these cards. I offer a 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken "Dot in Black Box" error card in trade for it.

The card is supposed to be a 1/1 card. You can clearly see that from the Beckett population report and from the various checklists online.

The little triangle box is where the 1/1 sticker should be.

I like errors but again I wanted this error fixed the moment I knew what it was.

Thanks for the offer for the trade but I will decline.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #611 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
i'll bet there were many of the '94 version made by mistake and were never intended to be signed.

a little research and i found this:


2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball is a landmark issue that set the standard for the brand going forward. With a deep rookie checklist and the introduction of first-year one-of-one parallels, 2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball is one of the best sets of the decade.

Leading the way are autographed rookie cards of Justin Verlander and Matt Kemp. This is the only first-year autograph for Kemp (who is listed by his full first name of Matthew), making it an important card to track down as the slugger continues to emerge as one of the game's best. While Verlander does have several premium rookies that are worth more, the 2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball card is still available at a more accessible price tag while remaining extremely desirable thanks to the set's brand recognition. The other big autographed rookie card is Billy Butler. Unsigned rookies in the set include Russell Martin, Ian Kinsler and Jair Jurrjens.

Because many of the rookies in this set show up again in Bowman Chrome Draft, collectors need to be careful about checking the numbers. Bowman Chrome Draft card numbers start with the prefix BDP. For players appearing in both sets, only the first 2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball card is considered a true rookie. Both Verlander and Martin fall into this category.

Not only did refractor rainbows grow with the debut of rare Red Refractors numbered to five copies, Printing Plates and one-of-one Superfractors, but collectors were introduced to a new level of ultra high-end prospecting. Superfractors in particular represent the modern benchmark for the greatest rookie of a given player.

Alex Rodriguez is highlighted with his own insert set that made cards for the years he wasn't with Topps (1994-1997). A-Rod Throwback cards are inserted 1:9 pack. Parallels for the insert set include Refractors (/499), X-Fractors (/99) and Superfractors (/1). Rodriguez also signed 50 copies of the 1996 card and 99 copies of the 1997 version.

The 353-card 2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball set is broken down as follows: 140 veterans (#1-140), 25 young stars (141-165), 165 rookies (166-330) and 23 autographed rookies (331-353). One autographed rookie can be found in every hobby box.



I think they mean the regular throwback versions there that you have highlighted. They made regular non autograph throwback cards and then also autograph throwback cards.

I don't believe this problem was widespread.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #612 (permalink)
Member
 
Army19K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
The card is supposed to be a 1/1 card. You can clearly see that from the Beckett population report and from the various checklists online.

The little triangle box is where the 1/1 sticker should be.

I like errors but again I wanted this error fixed the moment I knew what it was.

Thanks for the offer for the trade but I will decline.
You did not pull it from the pack, therefore you are owed nothing, and topps has no obligation to fix it for you.................................
Army19K is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #613 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
The card is supposed to be a 1/1 card. You can clearly see that from the Beckett population report and from the various checklists online.

The little triangle box is where the 1/1 sticker should be.

I like errors but again I wanted this error fixed the moment I knew what it was.

Thanks for the offer for the trade but I will decline.
but the thing is..... it's clearly not a Super. a SuperFractor Auto of this card does exist, but it's just not yours. it's obvious that many were printed up by mistake and inserted into packs.
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #614 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
that is really sad if you have to go to the trouble of reporting people because they're disagreeing with you and coming up up viable arguments against your opinion of what this card actually is. I was smart to block you from Listia
You seem to have it out for me for some reason and I am unsure why but if you blocked me from Listia it must have been recently because you actually bid on some of my items and lost awhile back.

If you have something relevant to post about this card or this thread that's fine, otherwise leave me alone and stop harassing me.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #615 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I think they mean the regular throwback versions there that you have highlighted. They made regular non autograph throwback cards and then also autograph throwback cards.

I don't believe this problem was widespread.
go back, i edited my post.

again....the thing is..... it's clearly not a Super. a SuperFractor Auto of this card does exist, but it's just not yours. it's obvious that many were printed up by mistake and inserted into packs.

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball - A-Rod Throwback Exclusives Checklist
Base Cards - 4 Per Box
Parallel Cards: Refractor #/499 - X-Fractor #/99
- SuperFractors #1/1 -

A-Rod Throwback Base #94AR 1994
A-Rod Throwback Base #95AR 1995
A-Rod Throwback Base #96AR 1996
A-Rod Throwback Base #97AR 1997

Autograph Parallel Cards
- All Cards Are Refractors - Print Run Shown Below -

A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1

A-Rod Throwback Autographs #95AR 1995 XF #/25
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #96AR 1996 RF #/50
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #97AR 1997 CH #/99
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #616 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
but the thing is..... it's clearly not a Super. a SuperFractor Auto of this card does exist, but it's just not yours. it's obvious that many were printed up by mistake and inserted into packs.
Again as I have said before in this thread I don't believe there ever was a superfractor made for this card.

You seem to be pretty sure there was or is. Would you care to share why you think that or provide some proof that there is?
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #617 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Most of what everyone is posting has been asked and answered already within this thread so please if you have a question make sure it was not already answered in the thread before you post it again.

Thanks
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #618 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 28,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
The card is supposed to be a 1/1 card. You can clearly see that from the Beckett population report and from the various checklists online.

The little triangle box is where the 1/1 sticker should be.

I like errors but again I wanted this error fixed the moment I knew what it was.

Thanks for the offer for the trade but I will decline.
No, the superfractor is a 1/1, your card was not supposed to be a 1/1 as it clearly is not a superfractor. We are well aware now that there are more than just one of the card you have. There are probably many more as well. Your card does not have the stickers so it is not valid. You have a worthless backdoored invalid card worth almost nothing.

Also, you didn't pull this card from the pack so Topps is not obligated to do anything for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Again as I have said before in this thread I don't believe there ever was a superfractor made for this card.

You seem to be pretty sure there was or is. Would you care to share why you think that or provide some proof that there is?
Would you like to share your evidence that the superfractor wasn't produced?
__________________
The Braves SUCK!
Offseason goals:
Get rid of both the Upton brothers. Fire FG, Frank Wren & Greg Walker. Get some consistent bullpen arms and contact hitters.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 02-11-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: merged
death2redemptions is online now  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #619 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
You seem to have it out for me for some reason and I am unsure why but if you blocked me from Listia it must have been recently because you actually bid on some of my items and lost awhile back.

If you have something relevant to post about this card or this thread that's fine, otherwise leave me alone and stop harassing me.

don't have it out for you at all aside from disagreeing with the ridiculous notion that this card is the one that is stated as being 1:600,000+ packs and the only one of its kind. Both of which have already been proven to be invalid
duwal is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #620 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Would you like to share your evidence that the superfractor wasn't produced?

that somehow contradicts every single sellsheet that clearly shows a 1/1 SF (Superfractor)
duwal is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #621 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Again as I have said before in this thread I don't believe there ever was a superfractor made for this card.

You seem to be pretty sure there was or is. Would you care to share why you think that or provide some proof that there is?
can you provide proof that there wasn't one made?.........
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #622 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
don't have it out for you at all aside from disagreeing with the ridiculous notion that this card is the one that is stated as being 1:600,000+ packs and the only one of its kind. Both of which have already been proven to be invalid
How was it proven to be invalid? Just because some person on here says so?

I even posted the link to BGS where they say it is that card. That is the card with the 1:600,000 some odds.

Card Serial Number: 0004133288

Set Name : 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs
Player Name : A.Rodriguez 1994 SF/1
Date Graded : Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Centering Grade : 9.5
Corner Grade : 9.5
Edges Grade : 9.5
Surfaces Grade : 8.5
Autograph Grade : Not Available
Final Grade : 9.0
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #623 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,226
Default

that person has the same card as you............

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
How was it proven to be invalid? Just because some person on here says so?

I even posted the link to BGS where they say it is that card. That is the card with the 1:600,000 some odds.

Card Serial Number: 0004133288

Set Name : 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs
Player Name : A.Rodriguez 1994 SF/1
Date Graded : Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Centering Grade : 9.5
Corner Grade : 9.5
Edges Grade : 9.5
Surfaces Grade : 8.5
Autograph Grade : Not Available
Final Grade : 9.0
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #624 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 28,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
How was it proven to be invalid? Just because some person on here says so?

I even posted the link to BGS where they say it is that card. That is the card with the 1:600,000 some odds.

Card Serial Number: 0004133288

Set Name : 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs
Player Name : A.Rodriguez 1994 SF/1
Date Graded : Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Centering Grade : 9.5
Corner Grade : 9.5
Edges Grade : 9.5
Surfaces Grade : 8.5
Autograph Grade : Not Available
Final Grade : 9.0
Are you serious? How was it proven to be invalid??? Well maybe it has something to do with the fact that on the friggin card it says "NOT VALID WITHOUT STICKER" and there is no sticker.
__________________
The Braves SUCK!
Offseason goals:
Get rid of both the Upton brothers. Fire FG, Frank Wren & Greg Walker. Get some consistent bullpen arms and contact hitters.
death2redemptions is online now  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #625 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
that somehow contradicts every single sellsheet that clearly shows a 1/1 SF (Superfractor)
Can you please post a scan of this sell sheet as I have been looking for one for quite some time.
davepeters239 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/444134-2005-bowman-chrome-rod-throwback-autographs-94ar-1994-sf-1-1-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez This thread Refback 07-11-2013 08:33 PM
My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez This thread Pingback 07-10-2013 06:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.