Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #601 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Holy Crap people! Stop Posting! Let this stupid thread die! The card isnt a 1/1, Topps owes you NOTHING, and they have NO explaining to do, Because Its 8 Years OLD! Please, for all that is good in this world, SHUT UP OP!
Yeah because you said so that all must be true.

Ok sure.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #602 (permalink)

What is the longest running thread in BO history? Could this one possibly be a record?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #603 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
What is the longest running thread in BO history? Could this one possibly be a record?
The Haiku thread has something like 4700 posts and 188 pages long...
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #604 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Now it may not be a 1/1 and therefore Topps has some explaining to do.
Bingo! If you now have a doubt that it is a 1/1, we did our jobs.
99% of people posting on the subject completely disagree with you. We're all collectors and card people. We know cards and we talk cards, between all of us we have seen probably every thing there is to see. Our collective knowledge dwarfs your single minded views and thoughts and assumptions.
That, in and of itself, should tell you all you need to know.
15 million Elvis fans can't be wrong!

Get back to us when topps gets back to you.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #605 (permalink)

Quote:
Again it really amazes me that so many people are sticking up for Topps on this.

I am pretty sure back in 2005 the arod autograph throwbacks were a huge selling point for this product and most likely the main card that everyone was after was not even inserted autographed.

Now it turns out there are two copies of a /1 card.

How on earth this is somehow ok with everyone is beyond me.

I think most of you are here just to cause trouble and if the nonsense doesn't stop I will start reporting people again.
It is not that people are sticking up for Topps it is that you and reality are miles apart.

No where does your card say it is a 1/1. It does however say without stickers card is invalid, please look up the word invalid.

As a error collector how on earth are you not ok with this?

As a real error collector I would really like one of these cards. I offer a 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken "Dot in Black Box" error card in trade for it.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #606 (permalink)

i'd bet many were made by mistake (obvious because there are two on this board and i remember seeing a few back in the day........ but a little research and i found this:

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball - A-Rod Throwback Exclusives Checklist
Base Cards - 4 Per Box
Parallel Cards: Refractor #/499 - X-Fractor #/99
- SuperFractors #1/1 -

A-Rod Throwback Base #94AR 1994
A-Rod Throwback Base #95AR 1995
A-Rod Throwback Base #96AR 1996
A-Rod Throwback Base #97AR 1997

Autograph Parallel Cards
- All Cards Are Refractors - Print Run Shown Below -

A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #95AR 1995 XF #/25
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #96AR 1996 RF #/50
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #97AR 1997 CH #/99

Last edited by go_steelers07; 02-11-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #607 (permalink)

Quote:
Again it really amazes me that so many people are sticking up for Topps on this.

I am pretty sure back in 2005 the arod autograph throwbacks were a huge selling point for this product and most likely the main card that everyone was after was not even inserted autographed.

I think most of you are here just to cause trouble and if the nonsense doesn't stop I will start reporting people again.

that is really sad if you have to go to the trouble of reporting people because they're disagreeing with you and coming up up viable arguments against your opinion of what this card actually is. I was smart to block you from Listia
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #608 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #609 (permalink)

Quote:

Report us for what?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #610 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itradeerrors View Post
It is not that people are sticking up for Topps it is that you and reality are miles apart.

No where does your card say it is a 1/1. It does however say without stickers card is invalid, please look up the word invalid.

As a error collector how on earth are you not ok with this?

As a real error collector I would really like one of these cards. I offer a 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken "Dot in Black Box" error card in trade for it.

The card is supposed to be a 1/1 card. You can clearly see that from the Beckett population report and from the various checklists online.

The little triangle box is where the 1/1 sticker should be.

I like errors but again I wanted this error fixed the moment I knew what it was.

Thanks for the offer for the trade but I will decline.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #611 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
i'll bet there were many of the '94 version made by mistake and were never intended to be signed.

a little research and i found this:

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball is a landmark issue that set the standard for the brand going forward. With a deep rookie checklist and the introduction of first-year one-of-one parallels, 2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball is one of the best sets of the decade.

Leading the way are autographed rookie cards of Justin Verlander and Matt Kemp. This is the only first-year autograph for Kemp (who is listed by his full first name of Matthew), making it an important card to track down as the slugger continues to emerge as one of the game's best. While Verlander does have several premium rookies that are worth more, the 2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball card is still available at a more accessible price tag while remaining extremely desirable thanks to the set's brand recognition. The other big autographed rookie card is Billy Butler. Unsigned rookies in the set include Russell Martin, Ian Kinsler and Jair Jurrjens.

Because many of the rookies in this set show up again in Bowman Chrome Draft, collectors need to be careful about checking the numbers. Bowman Chrome Draft card numbers start with the prefix BDP. For players appearing in both sets, only the first 2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball card is considered a true rookie. Both Verlander and Martin fall into this category.

Not only did refractor rainbows grow with the debut of rare Red Refractors numbered to five copies, Printing Plates and one-of-one Superfractors, but collectors were introduced to a new level of ultra high-end prospecting. Superfractors in particular represent the modern benchmark for the greatest rookie of a given player.

Alex Rodriguez is highlighted with his own insert set that made cards for the years he wasn't with Topps (1994-1997). A-Rod Throwback cards are inserted 1:9 pack. Parallels for the insert set include Refractors (/499), X-Fractors (/99) and Superfractors (/1). Rodriguez also signed 50 copies of the 1996 card and 99 copies of the 1997 version.

The 353-card 2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball set is broken down as follows: 140 veterans (#1-140), 25 young stars (141-165), 165 rookies (166-330) and 23 autographed rookies (331-353). One autographed rookie can be found in every hobby box.

I think they mean the regular throwback versions there that you have highlighted. They made regular non autograph throwback cards and then also autograph throwback cards.

I don't believe this problem was widespread.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #612 (permalink)

Quote:
The card is supposed to be a 1/1 card. You can clearly see that from the Beckett population report and from the various checklists online.

I like errors but again I wanted this error fixed the moment I knew what it was.

You did not pull it from the pack, therefore you are owed nothing, and topps has no obligation to fix it for you.................................
Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #613 (permalink)

Quote:

but the thing is..... it's clearly not a Super. a SuperFractor Auto of this card does exist, but it's just not yours. it's obvious that many were printed up by mistake and inserted into packs.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #614 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
that is really sad if you have to go to the trouble of reporting people because they're disagreeing with you and coming up up viable arguments against your opinion of what this card actually is. I was smart to block you from Listia
You seem to have it out for me for some reason and I am unsure why but if you blocked me from Listia it must have been recently because you actually bid on some of my items and lost awhile back.

If you have something relevant to post about this card or this thread that's fine, otherwise leave me alone and stop harassing me.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #615 (permalink)

Quote:
I think they mean the regular throwback versions there that you have highlighted. They made regular non autograph throwback cards and then also autograph throwback cards.

I don't believe this problem was widespread.
go back, i edited my post.

again....the thing is..... it's clearly not a Super. a SuperFractor Auto of this card does exist, but it's just not yours. it's obvious that many were printed up by mistake and inserted into packs.

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball - A-Rod Throwback Exclusives Checklist
Base Cards - 4 Per Box
Parallel Cards: Refractor #/499 - X-Fractor #/99
- SuperFractors #1/1 -

A-Rod Throwback Base #94AR 1994
A-Rod Throwback Base #95AR 1995
A-Rod Throwback Base #96AR 1996
A-Rod Throwback Base #97AR 1997

Autograph Parallel Cards
- All Cards Are Refractors - Print Run Shown Below -

A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1

A-Rod Throwback Autographs #95AR 1995 XF #/25
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #96AR 1996 RF #/50
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #97AR 1997 CH #/99
Old 02-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #616 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
but the thing is..... it's clearly not a Super. a SuperFractor Auto of this card does exist, but it's just not yours. it's obvious that many were printed up by mistake and inserted into packs.
Again as I have said before in this thread I don't believe there ever was a superfractor made for this card.

You seem to be pretty sure there was or is. Would you care to share why you think that or provide some proof that there is?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #617 (permalink)
Banned

Most of what everyone is posting has been asked and answered already within this thread so please if you have a question make sure it was not already answered in the thread before you post it again.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #618 (permalink)

Quote:

No, the superfractor is a 1/1, your card was not supposed to be a 1/1 as it clearly is not a superfractor. We are well aware now that there are more than just one of the card you have. There are probably many more as well. Your card does not have the stickers so it is not valid. You have a worthless backdoored invalid card worth almost nothing.

Also, you didn't pull this card from the pack so Topps is not obligated to do anything for you.

Quote:
Again as I have said before in this thread I don't believe there ever was a superfractor made for this card.

You seem to be pretty sure there was or is. Would you care to share why you think that or provide some proof that there is?
Would you like to share your evidence that the superfractor wasn't produced?

Last edited by iluvfish2; 02-11-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: merged
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #619 (permalink)

Quote:
You seem to have it out for me for some reason and I am unsure why but if you blocked me from Listia it must have been recently because you actually bid on some of my items and lost awhile back.

If you have something relevant to post about this card or this thread that's fine, otherwise leave me alone and stop harassing me.

don't have it out for you at all aside from disagreeing with the ridiculous notion that this card is the one that is stated as being 1:600,000+ packs and the only one of its kind. Both of which have already been proven to be invalid
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #620 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Would you like to share your evidence that the superfractor wasn't produced?

that somehow contradicts every single sellsheet that clearly shows a 1/1 SF (Superfractor)
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #621 (permalink)

Quote:

can you provide proof that there wasn't one made?.........
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #622 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
don't have it out for you at all aside from disagreeing with the ridiculous notion that this card is the one that is stated as being 1:600,000+ packs and the only one of its kind. Both of which have already been proven to be invalid
How was it proven to be invalid? Just because some person on here says so?

I even posted the link to BGS where they say it is that card. That is the card with the 1:600,000 some odds.

Card Serial Number: 0004133288

Set Name : 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs
Player Name : A.Rodriguez 1994 SF/1
Date Graded : Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Centering Grade : 9.5
Corner Grade : 9.5
Edges Grade : 9.5
Surfaces Grade : 8.5
Autograph Grade : Not Available
Final Grade : 9.0
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #623 (permalink)

that person has the same card as you............

Quote:

I even posted the link to BGS where they say it is that card. That is the card with the 1:600,000 some odds.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #624 (permalink)

Quote:

Are you serious? How was it proven to be invalid??? Well maybe it has something to do with the fact that on the friggin card it says "NOT VALID WITHOUT STICKER" and there is no sticker.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #625 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
that somehow contradicts every single sellsheet that clearly shows a 1/1 SF (Superfractor)
Can you please post a scan of this sell sheet as I have been looking for one for quite some time.
Closed Thread