Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #126 (permalink)

dave, you never addressed any of my followup questions and comments. and may i respectfully ask how old you are?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnick View Post
dave, you never addressed any of my followup questions and comments. and may i respectfully ask how old you are?
Dave Peters told us on the last thread that he was 12 years old
Old 02-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #128 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
No it doesnt. You quoted his reply. The word error is not used.
Topps routinely makes cards for player use.
The only "error" is that it made it into packs.
I have also shown you the NON auto version of the superfractor.

So lets make sure we have all the facts straight shall we?
There IS a non au Chrome Superfractor
But you refuse to believe the AU version is also a superfractor despite being listed as SF

Your card has no auto ,no stickers, no 1/1 stamp, isnt a superfractor and topps stated an unknown number of the cards like yours were inserted into packs.

therefore yours is the true 1/1 auto

Furthermore, despite the fact that you didnt pull it from a pack youve been after Topps for some 8 years to get them to have it autod stickered and stamped as the true 1/1, despite them saying they know dang well they accidentally inserted an unknown number of them into packs

And of course when someone else show you a pic of another card just like yours, it is immediatley dismissed.

There IS a non supe 1/1 auto as well. But its listed as BOWMAN (not chrome)
This is also NOT your card.

My only purpose here is to show others exactly what type of person you are.
I dont expect to convince you of anything.
So argue this all you like.
You are only hurting yourself.

PS Good luck with the fake Mantle and Dimaggio autos you were trying to sell!

You just don't get it and you keep making false accusations and assumptions.

This is what Topps said word for word from Beckett.

"During production, chrome cards have a tendency to stick together. This is what most likely happened and an unknown number of unsigned cards were accidentally inserted into packs. Any collector in possession of these cards needs to contact our customer service department so we can resolve the situation."

I am not sure what you don't understand about cards sticking together and not being signed and inserted into packs? It seems pretty simple and straightforward.

I have not been after them for 8 years and for the last year or two I have not even contacted them about it.

The person showed me a scan of his I think almost a year ago and promised to provide scans of the back or at least check to see if his has stickers on the back. So it was not immediately dismissed.

If this card is not the one I am thinking of then I beg of you please tell me what card you think it is?

And lastly I sent the fake Dimaggio and Mantle back the the seller I got them from because they were fake. I am a very honest person and would not sell items I knew to be fake.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #129 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texgator View Post
No..the checklist confirms that there was a 1/1 auto made....it does NOTHING to confirm that the card you have (and others also apparantly have) is THAT card. The only thing confirming your card as the 1/1 is your delusion.
Again if this is not the 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs 94A-AR card then what card is it?

You won't be able to answer because this is that card. I am 100% sure of it and I am sorry some of you cannot understand this.

I also think it is very unfair for people to keep saying oh it's not that card without proof or at least saying what card they think it is.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
The Topps checklists for this set confirms it is a 1/1. I have included a full scan and there is no other card this card could be other than the 1/1 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs 94A-AR card.

Like I have said repeatedly I believe that Beckett or perhaps Topps made the original error and listed this as a SF and it was copied and pasted to numerous other sites and was never corrected.
God your ignorance is unfathomable. I feel like your understanding of cards and card companies in general and how they work is of the lowest nature. Face facts #1 your never going to get this card you so desperately want (even though you bought it off ebay which destroys your credibility since you didnt pull it from a pack hence peoples guess that it was backdoored or wrongly inserted), #2 that card is what it is, a mistake by the company. #3 Get over it.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #131 (permalink)

Trolls keep trolling
Old 02-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
I reported you.

Will some of you people stop the nonsense. If you don't know about the card or don;t care about it that is fine but please stop spoiling it for people who do care and are interested.

What is wrong with some of you?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #133 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No topps said your card was one of an
"unknown number of unsigned cards" that "were accidentally inserted into packs"
They said unknown number of cards, they don't say unknown number of arod cards so I cannot say either way what they meant with that and you would have to ask Topps for clarification.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
The person showed me a scan of his I think almost a year ago and promised to provide scans of the back or at least check to see if his has stickers on the back. So it was not immediately dismissed.

If this card is not the one I am thinking of then I beg of you please tell me what card you think it is?

And lastly I sent the fake Dimaggio and Mantle back the the seller I got them from because they were fake. I am a very honest person and would not sell items I knew to be fake.
Im the person, and I showed you a scan in this thread. My card is EXACTLY the same as yours, therefore yours is a 1/2

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnick View Post
I answered but I think I did the quote thing wrong and all the answers are under your original questions. If I missed anything please let me know.

I am 44 years old now.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #136 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNOmega06 View Post
God your ignorance is unfathomable. I feel like your understanding of cards and card companies in general and how they work is of the lowest nature. Face facts #1 your never going to get this card you so desperately want (even though you bought it off ebay which destroys your credibility since you didnt pull it from a pack hence peoples guess that it was backdoored or wrongly inserted), #2 that card is what it is, a mistake by the company. #3 Get over it.
Do people even bother to read the whole thread?

If not I am not going to keep repsonding to nonsense.

This card was not backdoored and was confirmed by Topps to have been inserted into packs.

Again this can be verified in the readers writes section of the December 2005 Beckett and can also be verified with Topps.

I again ask that people please stop referring to this card as a backdoored card.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
You just don't get it and you keep making false accusations and assumptions.

This is what Topps said word for word from Beckett.

"During production, chrome cards have a tendency to stick together. This is what most likely happened and an unknown number of unsigned cards were accidentally inserted into packs. Any collector in possession of these cards needs to contact our customer service department so we can resolve the situation."

I am not sure what you don't understand about cards sticking together and not being signed and inserted into packs? It seems pretty simple and straightforward.

I have not been after them for 8 years and for the last year or two I have not even contacted them about it.

1) I made no false accusation.

2) Unknown number accidentally made it into packs. they got stuck to other cards and accidentally made into packs. Unknown number of cards , as in plural, as in MORE than 1.

3) what does the sticker on the back matter. If his has a sticker does that make it true 1/1 ?
if it doesnt have the sticker it just shows there are more then one identical to yours.
either way , it means yours is NOT the only one out there

4)Topps routinely gives cards to players for personal use. this is my best guess. And if you think about it makes alot sense that they wouldnt give Arod a bunch of superfractors with stickers and 1/1 stamps for personal use.

5) While I am glad to hear you were able to return those and hopefully get a refund, You did try to sell them here. Point being, this arod card is not the only time you were severely mistaken.

as for the 8 years thing, Sorry if i was wrong, I truly thought you stated in previous thread that you bought it 2005, and have been trying to get it corrected since.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 02-01-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #138 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
Im the person, and I showed you a scan in this thread. My card is EXACTLY the same as yours, therefore yours is a 1/2

But it has been almost a year and you never showed a scan of the back of your card. You also said you would at the very least check to see if yours had the stickers on it. I think in the original thread you said you thought yours had the stickers.

I would really love to see a scan of the back of yours and really would love to know if yours does have the stickers.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
But it has been almost a year and you never showed a scan of the back of your card. You also said you would at the very least check to see if yours had the stickers on it. I think in the original thread you said you thought yours had the stickers.

I would really love to see a scan of the back of yours and really would love to know if yours does have the stickers.
Let's pretend mine doesn't. That would make it the EXACT same as yours, therefore how is yours the only one?

Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Do people even bother to read the whole thread?

If not I am not going to keep repsonding to nonsense.

This card was not backdoored and was confirmed by Topps to have been inserted into packs.

Again this can be verified in the readers writes section of the December 2005 Beckett and can also be verified with Topps.

I again ask that people please stop referring to this card as a backdoored card.
Oh i read the thread, i dont understand how you clearly can't comprehend that these cards inserted into packs are replacements topps has like every other company that accidently got put into the packing/shipping process. Do you know why topps wouldn't send a rep to verify your card being signed? Because topps knows its not the card you claim it is. Your card has no hologram (which btw has serial numbers for a reason), no numbering, just basically a template for what the card would've been. Its not a error card, its a mistake card that got inserted by accident. GET OVER IT.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #141 (permalink)

Dave Peters has been reported for calling me a terrerist!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
1) I made no false accusation.

2) Unknown number accidentally made it into packs. they got stuck to other cards and accidentally made into packs. Unknown number of cards , as in plural, as in MORE than 1.

3) what does the sticker on the back matter. If his has a sticker does that make it true 1/1 ?
if it doesnt have the sticker it just shows there are more then one identical to yours.
either way , it means yours is NOT the only one out there

4)Topps routinely gives cards to players for personal use. this is my best guess. And if you think about it makes alot sense that they wouldnt give Arod a bunch of superfractors with stickers and 1/1 stamps for personal use.

5) While I am glad to hear you were able to return those and hopefully get a refund, You did try to sell them here. Point being, this arod card is not the only time you were severely mistaken.

as for the 8 years thing, Sorry if i was wrong, I truly thought you stated in previous thread that you bought it 2005, and have been trying to get it corrected since.

I am not sure what Topps meant when they said unknown number of cards. I don't know if they meant all arod cards or other players cards too.

The scan of the back of the card would be very important for me to see and compare to mine.

I have never heard of Topps giving rare cards like this to players and would be interested in hearing more about this.

I was mistaken about the Mantle and Dimaggio but I am pretty sure I am not mistaken about this card.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
I am not sure what Topps meant when they said unknown number of cards. I don't know if they meant all arod cards or other players cards too.

The scan of the back of the card would be very important for me to see and compare to mine.

I have never heard of Topps giving rare cards like this to players and would be interested in hearing more about this.

I was mistaken about the Mantle and Dimaggio but I am pretty sure I am not mistaken about this card.
No mistake, you straight up lied just like your lying right now! Reported!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #144 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
Let's pretend mine doesn't. That would make it the EXACT same as yours, therefore how is yours the only one?
Well a scan of the back as promised almost a year ago would be cool.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
I answered but I think I did the quote thing wrong and all the answers are under your original questions. If I missed anything please let me know.

I am 44 years old now.
thank you. wasn't making any judgments regarding your age level, just to get a better understanding of who i'm talking with. i had some followups to my original post linked here:

2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1

but no need to go through them and respond if you don't want to.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #146 (permalink)

did a google search don't know if this matters..but he sold one in 2005.....05 Bowman Chrome Misprint?
Topps Low #'d black/hope/52' gold/ black heritage ref./etc. all sport nyquist,zibanejad,gustavsson,alex gordon, dean green, older autographics, gallinari, torrey smith, matt ryan, david wilson, tiger, ak, bubba, mcdowell
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNOmega06 View Post
Oh i read the thread, i dont understand how you clearly can't comprehend that these cards inserted into packs are replacements topps has like every other company that accidently got put into the packing/shipping process. Do you know why topps wouldn't send a rep to verify your card being signed? Because topps knows its not the card you claim it is. Your card has no hologram (which btw has serial numbers for a reason), no numbering, just basically a template for what the card would've been. Its not a error card, its a mistake card that got inserted by accident. GET OVER IT.

Those numbers on the Topps hologram stickers mean nothing and this has been verified with Topps and you can again confirm this yourself.

No sorry I will not get over it. If you would like to purchase the card from me for $2000.00 then you can ignore the mistake all you want to.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Well a scan of the back as promised almost a year ago would be cool.
I've seen yours, seeing that, how is this?:

ITS THE EXACT SAME AS YOURS!!

If I say the sky is blue, are you going to argue that its green. Seriously, why don't you let it go already. Your card is worth nothing. It is not something valuable. LET......IT........GO!!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Those numbers on the Topps hologram stickers mean nothing and this has been verified with Topps and you can again confirm this yourself.

No sorry I will not get over it. If you would like to purchase the card from me for $2000.00 then you can ignore the mistake all you want to.
Counter-offer of a wheat penny and $10 worth of railroad bonds because thats about as much as this cards worth to me.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
I am unsure you can wipe an autograph off a card that easy without causing some sort of damage or without the grading card companies saying the card was altered if the autograph was removed.
I am sure, go get a crap chrome card and a spray with alcohol in it like a deodorant say right guard. One spray and the autograph is gone.

Still think its back door'ed.
Closed Thread