Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #201 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post

Now I have proven what I have said all along but people still keep saying oh no it's not that card but they have not or will not or can not say which card it is and I think that is very unfair.
Ok, I'll play devil's advocate for a minute out of fairness to the possibility that you are correct.

Let's assume that you are dead on correct about this card. Why don't you put it up for auction and sell the darn thing before this PED investigation blows up and destroys ARod's cards like it did with Bonds and McGwire? Cash in now and be done with it! It's really that simple. The alternative is spending the rest of your life debating with people, dying with the card in your possession, and leaving it to your heir to figure out what to do with it.

That's what doesn't make sense to me. I suspect I know the answer though. I suspect, because a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, that you are afraid to list it. You are afraid that nobody will want it for very much money thus crushing your dream. So rather than face your fears you hold the card and settle for a dream of what it could be worth. Does this sound right?
auctionjmm is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #202 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Its amazing how everything against what you say is a typo. Yet no where on the case does it say 1/1. I feel the guy data basing made a typo since its not on the slab.

Congratulations on getting a back doored card slabbed. Its not the first time they screwed up, I guess all patch cards in bgs and psa cards are authentic also. For the record you may want to stop hyping this card to some magical card. Cause when it finally sells you are going to be disappointed on how little attention you will get.

As i have said the typo is online in quite a few of the checklists. My thoughts on why that is would be because Topps or Beckett most likely made the original checklist and everyone else copied it.

As I have also said this card seems to have the correct label and identifies it as the correct card and not the SF because there is no superfractor version. If you look up in the Beckett database with the serial number you will see it is the 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs 94A-AR card.

Topps also states that this card was not backdoored but accidentally stuck together with other cards. I cannot say if this is true or not but this is what Topps said to Beckett for a readers write question.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #203 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Ok, I'll play devil's advocate for a minute out of fairness to the possibility that you are correct.

Let's assume that you are dead on correct about this card. Why don't you put it up for auction and sell the darn thing before this PED investigation blows up and destroys ARod's cards like it did with Bonds and McGwire? Cash in now and be done with it! It's really that simple. The alternative is spending the rest of your life debating with people, dying with the card in your possession, and leaving it to your heir to figure out what to do with it.

That's what doesn't make sense to me. I suspect I know the answer though. I suspect, because a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, that you are afraid to list it. You are afraid that nobody will want it for very much money thus crushing your dream. So rather than face your fears you hold the card and settle for a dream of what it could be worth. Does this sound right?

As I have said this is not a new thing this should have been handled years ago. I would not sell the card now because of all the arod stuff going on but I do feel if Topps were to replace it they would have to do so on the value of when I first inquired and not the current value.

I did not post this thread to debate with anyone since like I have said all along I knew which card it was. I simply made this thread to show a scan of the full card in the BGS case for those that I promised last time.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #204 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
As I have said this is not a new thing this should have been handled years ago. I would not sell the card now because of all the arod stuff going on but I do feel if Topps were to replace it they would have to do so on the value of when I first inquired and not the current value.

I did not post this thread to debate with anyone since like I have said all along I knew which card it was. I simply made this thread to show a scan of the full card in the BGS case for those that I promised last time.
IF they replace it. What if they never do? You still lose in the end. That's why I say dump it now.
auctionjmm is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #205 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
IF they replace it. What if they never do? You still lose in the end. That's why I say dump it now.
Well in the last thread there was always another option.

I have it signed by arod like I planned to do in the beginning and then affix the stickers myself from another card to this card.

I am unsure really what to do at this point and am trying to work on something a little more current.

I have 10 of the Oscar Taveras autograph cards missing the autograph that I am working on trying to get signed and slabbed but that is another story for another post.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #206 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
Well in the last thread there was always another option.

I have it signed by arod like I planned to do in the beginning and then affix the stickers myself from another card to this card.

I am unsure really what to do at this point and am trying to work on something a little more current.

I have 10 of the Oscar Taveras autograph cards missing the autograph that I am working on trying to get signed and slabbed but that is another story for another post.
WOW you are quite a piece of work arent you? So basically your going to get the signature, slab a topps authentication decal and call it something its not because you think it is. Good job scam artist.
AlphaNOmega06 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #207 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNOmega06 View Post
WOW you are quite a piece of work arent you? So basically your going to get the signature, slab a topps authentication decal and call it something its not because you think it is. Good job scam artist.

How in the world is that a scam?

To me it is simply fixing a mistake Topps wont.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #208 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 479
Default

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy the correct versions?
MVPete is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #209 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
How in the world is that a scam?

To me it is simply fixing a mistake Topps wont.
It's still fraudulent activity. You are altering a card that you don't have authorization to alter. It's illegal. That is one thing you can't argue.
auctionjmm is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #210 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 18,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
IF they replace it. What if they never do? You still lose in the end. That's why I say dump it now.
Why would or SHOULD topps do anything that this clown bought on the secondary market?
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #211 (permalink)
Member
 
VWBUS1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SOUTH JERSEY
Posts: 5,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
As I have said this is not a new thing this should have been handled years ago. I would not sell the card now because of all the arod stuff going on but I do feel if Topps were to replace it they would have to do so on the value of when I first inquired and not the current value.

I did not post this thread to debate with anyone since like I have said all along I knew which card it was. I simply made this thread to show a scan of the full card in the BGS case for those that I promised last time.
entitled much?

how much did you Pay for the Arod?

you collect error cards as you say, why would you go around trying to fix errors? makes no sense.

furthermore, you're buying mistakenly non-auto'd cards on ebay (for probably cheaper than the auto versions) and trying to get Topps to get them auto'd.

Topps has refused to auto your card. did you ask why?
__________________
the fact that we exist, in a universe of sheer randomness, is scientific proof that there are aliens.
we are the aliens.
i can say that with 100% accuracy.
VWBUS1978 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #212 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post

I have 10 of the Oscar Taveras autograph cards missing the autograph that I am working on trying to get signed and slabbed but that is another story for another post.
Why do you go out of your way to be a pain in the ass? Don't tell me you pulled those Taveras cards from packs. You bought them with the intention of getting them fixed by Topps, just like your Topps Chrome red cards and just like this ARod card. It's like you are intentionally trying to make Topps hate you. Why put yourself through all of that nonsense? You've created your own problems by seeking out error cards and trying to get them corrected.

Usually this is a problem associated with teenage girls....the ones who intentionally date "bad boys" because they want to change them, and yet over and over again they end up in drama, tears, and heartbreak and all of their friends say 'Why not just save yourself the trouble and date a good boy?" and yet the advice goes right over their heads and back to the next knucklehead.

That's you. The teenage girl who refuses to date a good boy because you are convinced that you can fix the bad ones.
auctionjmm is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #213 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Posts: 1,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I bought it off ebay.
I don't normally chime in on topics like this, because to me it seems rather silly and juvenile.



But that being said, let me make sure I'm up to speed on some stuff here:

OP bought this card off ebay.
He then complained to Topps about it not being auto'd.
Got Topps to send him an A-Roid auto.
Returned said A-Roid auto because it wasn't fair compensation.

To sum it all up:
this card was purchased FROM EBAY and Topps sent him an AROD AUTO as a replacement for a card that was purchased FROM EBAY that did not have an AROD AUTO.

Now, I know none of the back story about the card or the original thread. I have no clue what the OP purchased the card for. I am in the dark about what story the OP gave to Topps.

And I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one, but this whole thing ain't passing the smell test.

If someone at Topps truly sent him an auto for this card, then I need to talk to that person about a bridge in Brooklyn that I have for sale...
slugger3469 is online now  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #214 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPete View Post
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy the correct versions?

This is a one of a kind card so there is no other versions to purchase.

Someone else here says they have the same card I do but theirs is not graded or authenticated.

In the last thread they posted they said they think their card might actually have the authentication stickers on it and they would check but that has been probably almost a year ago.

They also said they would post a scan of the back of their card but have not done so.

I really wish they would check on this or post a scan because I would love to see if there is more than one of these cards out there.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #215 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,417
Default

DavePeters you are a persistent pile of horse crap.

Leave Topps alone!!! Human beings do not deserve the torture that you are bestowing upon them in attempt to get your $1 back doored Arod Error card turned into a $1,000 Auto Refractor.

I have not read this second thread for incriminating evidence. I was typing an e-mail to Topps Customer service to link the first thread when the ARod penis removed the thread.

Again - Knock it off you scammer.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #216 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
This is a one of a kind card so there is no other versions to purchase.

Someone else here says they have the same card I do but theirs is not graded or authenticated.

In the last thread they posted they said they think their card might actually have the authentication stickers on it and they would check but that has been probably almost a year ago.

They also said they would post a scan of the back of their card but have not done so.

I really wish they would check on this or post a scan because I would love to see if there is more than one of these cards out there.
you sir are a moron.
AlphaNOmega06 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #217 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
It's still fraudulent activity. You are altering a card that you don't have authorization to alter. It's illegal. That is one thing you can't argue.
This was commented on in the last thread and it would not be fraud in any way nor would it be illegal in any way.

It would simply be fixing a mistake that Topps made and for whatever reason did not want to fix.

Plus I have bent over backwards with Topps on this as I did all the work in trying to get ahold of arod to get this card fixed and they just don't seem to care.

I am not the bad guy in all of this and i would think people would be a little more than upset with Topps than me
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #218 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,935
Default

its crazy that this is a person that really exists
thenwhatjk is online now  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #219 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
DavePeters you are a persistent pile of horse crap.

Leave Topps alone!!! Human beings do not deserve the torture that you are bestowing upon them in attempt to get your $1 back doored Arod Error card turned into a $1,000 Auto Refractor.

I have not read this second thread for incriminating evidence. I was typing an e-mail to Topps Customer service to link the first thread when the ARod penis removed the thread.

Again - Knock it off you scammer.
I'm going to have to ask that you refrain from picking on Mr. David Peters. He is an honest upstanding American, who has never been arrested, never starred in an amateur pornographic film and certainly has never had a problem with logic.

PS- The A-Rod penis was removed individually and did not remove the thread. Please cease from slandering my art work, as you are slandering Mr. Peters good name.

Thank you.
__________________
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminshes fear." - Rosa Parks
WilsonValdez is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #220 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
entitled much?

how much did you Pay for the Arod?

you collect error cards as you say, why would you go around trying to fix errors? makes no sense.

furthermore, you're buying mistakenly non-auto'd cards on ebay (for probably cheaper than the auto versions) and trying to get Topps to get them auto'd.

Topps has refused to auto your card. did you ask why?


Asked and answered already in this very thread.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #221 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Why do you go out of your way to be a pain in the ass? Don't tell me you pulled those Taveras cards from packs. You bought them with the intention of getting them fixed by Topps, just like your Topps Chrome red cards and just like this ARod card. It's like you are intentionally trying to make Topps hate you. Why put yourself through all of that nonsense? You've created your own problems by seeking out error cards and trying to get them corrected.

Usually this is a problem associated with teenage girls....the ones who intentionally date "bad boys" because they want to change them, and yet over and over again they end up in drama, tears, and heartbreak and all of their friends say 'Why not just save yourself the trouble and date a good boy?" and yet the advice goes right over their heads and back to the next knucklehead.

That's you. The teenage girl who refuses to date a good boy because you are convinced that you can fix the bad ones.


I bought the first one with no intention of it getting signed. I bought the second one as well with no intention of getting them signed.

I then bought quite a few more within a short time span and started to research and realize this was not an isolated incident.

I kept track of where these cards were coming from and what types of packs they were coming out of.

I offered all of this information free of charge to Topps with a very good solution to the problem and was ignored.

What more can I do?

Now his cards have heated up and they seem to be selling higher than when I first obtained them.

Now I do want them signed and am trying to work with Topps and the cardinals and the MLBPA to make that happen.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #222 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,417
Default

Leave everyone alone

Leave everyone alone

Leave everyone alone

You truly have a criminal mind if you are willing to work this hard on a flat out scam.

Repent, and put that energy towards helping your fellow man and not filling your pockets with money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I bought the first one with no intention of it getting signed. I bought the second one as well with no intention of getting them signed.

I then bought quite a few more within a short time span and started to research and realize this was not an isolated incident.

I kept track of where these cards were coming from and what types of packs they were coming out of.

I offered all of this information free of charge to Topps with a very good solution to the problem and was ignored.

What more can I do?

Now his cards have heated up and they seem to be selling higher than when I first obtained them.

Now I do want them signed and am trying to work with Topps and the cardinals and the MLBPA to make that happen.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #223 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3469 View Post
I don't normally chime in on topics like this, because to me it seems rather silly and juvenile.



But that being said, let me make sure I'm up to speed on some stuff here:

OP bought this card off ebay.
He then complained to Topps about it not being auto'd.
Got Topps to send him an A-Roid auto.
Returned said A-Roid auto because it wasn't fair compensation.

To sum it all up:
this card was purchased FROM EBAY and Topps sent him an AROD AUTO as a replacement for a card that was purchased FROM EBAY that did not have an AROD AUTO.

Now, I know none of the back story about the card or the original thread. I have no clue what the OP purchased the card for. I am in the dark about what story the OP gave to Topps.

And I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one, but this whole thing ain't passing the smell test.

If someone at Topps truly sent him an auto for this card, then I need to talk to that person about a bridge in Brooklyn that I have for sale...


I collect error cards and bought this card knowing it was an arod error. What I did not know at the time i purchased it was that is was the 1/1 autograph card from that set with the odds to pull at 1:614,088 packs.

When I found that out I knew immediately this was an error card I wanted corrected so I set out to do just that, get t corrected.

I contacted Topps repeatedly but was unsuccessful with getting any help so what I did was try to contact arod himself. that wasn't easy because I guess at the time he was changing agents and I always seemed to miss him.

One day I noticed there was an Alex Rodriguez car dealership in Texas I think it is. So I contacted them not expecting much but though what the heck why not try. To my suprise they were very friendly and very helpful and put me in touch with a gentleman in Miami who handles certain things for arod. He was very nice and wanted to set up a meet and greet with arod and get my card signed in person.

I really am not that interested in meeting him but wanted to get the card fixed so I said ok. I said there was just one other thing I had to do and thought the hard part was over.

I then contacted Topps again and thought they would for sure provide someone to be there to authenticate the card and place the official Topps sticker on it.

they then said they would not do this, perhaps they didn't think I would have taken it as far as I did or perhaps they didn't think i would be able to get arod to agree to this but for whatever reason after all the hard work I put in they refused.

This could have been a great story and free publicity for Topps in my opinion.

Baseball card gets fixed after years of being an error and Topps is the hero and it shows they actually care.

Instead they send some other arod card to me in hopes I guess that I would exchange mine for the one they sent.

I didn't like how they did that really because I didn't even know they were sending it till it arrived. I didn't think it was a fair trade off so I sent it back to them and refused.

I have tried my best to work with Topps on this and am still open to working with them to get it replaced.
davepeters239 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #224 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC
Posts: 318
Default

Time to take my stab at logic.

Mr. Peters - can we agree that the Arod cards were THE chase cards in 2005 Bowman Chrome? More so, the 1/1 Arod cards...any version (Superfractor base, Supefractor auto, and of course the non-superfractor auto 1/1 that Topps seems to make no mention of that you claim to have).

So we have a grand total of THREE REALLY important cards produced that is a prime selling point for one of their biggest products.

So Mr. Peters, wouldn't be logical that there was a great deal of importance in making sure these THREE cards were stamped 1/1, autographed, stickered, and finally quality checked before getting placed into the final production phase to be packed out?

Wouldn't it also be probable that the Bowman Chrome brand manager, designers, et.al. would want to personally see the THREE cards that their customers will be chasing. My guess is no less than 10 sets of hands personally held these cards...meaning no less than 10 sets of eyes looked at them, studied them, and thoroughly examined them as well.

Your logic is stating that none of this occurred. That one of the THREE most important cards in the product were simple thrown into a stack for Arod to sign, thrown in a machine to number it 1/1 and then packed out without any quality control whatsoever.

...wow.
mjbuchanan80 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #225 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Posts: 1,800
Default

I've got a 2007 Topps Chrome Adrian Peterson refractor rookie. It has the square on the back "not valid without sticker". I talked to Topps about this. ALL THE REFRACTORS WERE MADE THE SAME WAY.

BGS saying its a 1/1 only means its the only one thats been graded. So in that sense, you arent wrong.


So the Arod, without a doubt, is a legit card. It was intentionally made for one reason or another. That cannot be disputed. Backdoored or accidental insertion , it is a card made by Topps. Your claim to it being a 1/1 is invalid for a laundry list of reasons, all of which have been proved by other much more knowledgeable, reasonable and frankly more intelligent members of the forum. I am not attacking or questioning your intelligence as a person, just as relates to this hobby.

Your lies and diversions have been discredited time & time again and you have no proof, or fail to provide the proof, to counter. I know that if I had a chance to meet ARoid, even though I cant stand him, I dont care if the Pepsi truck driver was my witness I'd be there to get that autograph. It's almost as if you are intentionally dragging this out, as if vindication is out there to be achieved. It is not. You are a helluva story teller and very persistent, I will give you that. But unfortunately, thats all you'll get from me.

Last edited by slugger3469; 02-02-2013 at 02:27 PM.
slugger3469 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/444134-2005-bowman-chrome-rod-throwback-autographs-94ar-1994-sf-1-1-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez This thread Refback 07-11-2013 08:33 PM
My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez This thread Pingback 07-10-2013 06:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.