Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

Well #@#@#@#@....
lawjawjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Just another coincidence for Braun.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #28 (permalink)

I think the biggest coincidence is connection Braun has with Cesar Carillo. I mean what are the odds Braun is on this list because he just "owed money" and his college roommate is on this list for PED's. Way too many coincidences here.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Yep can't tell me Braun didn't know this crap was coming and had a statement prepared that explains it all away.

Word is the Miami newspaper originally left Braun's name out of it's initial release that named A-Rod, Cruz, and Gonzalez. It's totally possible that some deal was made to allow him time to come up with a explanation. And even then it was another source that spilled Braun's name not the Miami newspaper.

Also the newspaper has stated that MLB has asked for all the documents they obtained and clearly stated that MLB has no legal power or subpoenas to force them to hand anything over. If there isn't some type of cover up going on to hide certain players why not hand it all over ? This smells of a much bigger name waiting to be exposed.
yankee_pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee_pride View Post
Yep can't tell me Braun didn't know this crap was coming and had a statement prepared that explains it all away.

Word is the Miami newspaper originally left Braun's name out of it's initial release that named A-Rod, Cruz, and Gonzalez. It's totally possible that some deal was made to allow him time to come up with a explanation. And even then it was another source that spilled Braun's name not the Miami newspaper.

Also the newspaper has stated that MLB has asked for all the documents they obtained and clearly stated that MLB has no legal power or subpoenas to force them to hand anything over. If there isn't some type of cover up going on to hide certain players why not hand it all over ? This smells of a much bigger name waiting to be exposed.
Mariano Rivera
Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #31 (permalink)

Braun was guilty in 2011. I'm not surprised to see I'm on here.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 Cards View Post
Mariano Rivera
I laughed.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #33 (permalink)

He used someone who supplied illegal drugs to his roomate in his defense against using illegal drugs?

lol
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Braun was guilty in 2011. I'm not surprised to see I'm on here.

True but his whole excuse was that someone tampered with the test and that's why it tested positive. This at least shows plausibility that it could've tested positive because he was actually taking something not because someone made a mistake.

I think the " You've got the Braun advantage " letter to Nunez is more damaging than his name being on a piece of paper though.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #35 (permalink)

I know what his excuse was, but his excuse was total BS imo.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

I won't be shocked if Machado is on the list due to him training with A-Rod and Braun and being a Miami kid.
mwash1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

only 2 people I care about that's Braun and Pujols. Everyone else it's just another name.

I want Braun to crash and burn just because of the way he got off and how smug he was about it. And Pujols because he's the new poster boy for MLB like McGwire was back in the day and he can do no wrong and any speculation that he could've done anything is complete BS but yet we can convict Bonds with the same amount of failed drug tests because he wasn't media friendly.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

Pujols or Miguel Cabrera would be the bigger names.
mwash1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
only 2 people I care about that's Braun and Pujols. Everyone else it's just another name.

I want Braun to crash and burn just because of the way he got off and how smug he was about it. And Pujols because he's the new poster boy for MLB like McGwire was back in the day and he can do no wrong and any speculation that he could've done anything is complete BS but yet we can convict Bonds with the same amount of failed drug tests because he wasn't media friendly.
Hate to say it, especially as an Angels fan but Pujols not only wouldn't surprise me but I expect it.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwash1983 View Post
Pujols or Miguel Cabrera would be the bigger names.
I don't see Miggy. He doesn't fit the mold but who knows anymore.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

we all know what Cabrera's drug of choice is and it comes in a long neck bottle not a needle. lol
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

TJ Quinn on ESPN just called Braun's statement preposterous... that Bosch being used as a consultant is the last person you would want because he is not a medical doctor and had already been linked to a player with PED.

Seems like Braun is just grasping at any BS straw he can find. How far is he from Oprah's couch?

Cabrera is just as likely as Pujols. Rivera is just as likely as any pitcher in this era.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #43 (permalink)

There is no "mold." Big players, small hitters, power hitters, slap hitters, major leaguers, minor leaguers, star, nobody, using PED doesn't automatically put you into a category.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
They said they were only going to release the names they could confirm through secondary sources.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
TJ Quinn on ESPN just called Braun's statement preposterous... that Bosch being used as a consultant is the last person you would want because he is not a medical doctor and had already been linked to a player with PED.

Seems like Braun is just grasping at any BS straw he can find. How far is he from Oprah's couch?

Cabrera is just as likely as Pujols. Rivera is just as likely as any pitcher in this era.

Of course it is and we are also expected to believe he charges more just for consultation than to administer the PED's themselves ? Which the documents state the amount he had listed that Braun owed him was more than most of the other players named. So either he was getting taken to the cleaners or he was getting something extra during those consultation visits.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
There is no "mold." Big players, small hitters, power hitters, slap hitters, major leaguers, minor leaguers, star, nobody, using PED doesn't automatically put you into a category.
Agreed. I forgot about the roly poly Colon too. I'm just used to the ripped guys failing and that is what usually gets my radar up. Funny how Pujols isn't as ripped anymore and his numbers have dropped. Very similar to Pudge.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #47 (permalink)

Manny Machado, Alex Rodriguez have a Miami connection

I wonder just how strong the connection is. lol
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 AM   #48 (permalink)

Where there's smoke there's fire.
Twice now he's been in the news with his name linked to PEDs.

Just bad luck or something more?
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #49 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

Quote:
-Honestly, that depends on what he was consulting on and for. Expert witnesses come in all shapes, and when preparing a case to defend yourself against a PED accusation, i would think it prudent to talk to someone like this. Especially if you know they have supplied folks in the past (or have reason to believe they have) they could provide pertinent info on the process, how obtained, prevalence, method of shipment/delivery, supply chains, etc.

I still don't trust anything Braun says at this point, but there might be a shred of truth in that statement regarding the consulting thing.

lobo_hacker, available for consultations regarding Guiness and avoiding responsibility at work for a reasonable fee
lobo_hacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:

While Braun's motives may have only been to figure out how to put out yet another PED Fire, I think his statement adds great authority to the ledger Bosch kept. By admitting he belonged in that ledger for one reason or another, all of the other names in it begin to look that much more guilty ...